• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dreams

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Past - For the most part in my past i have incorporated (not intentionally) my surroundings in my dreams especially my bedroom and house and this is how my dreams usually start out, well the ones i can remember anyway. I have always been a sleepwalker (apparantly hiereditary) but again i don't know it is happening unless i am woken by someone or i have somehow managed to wake myself up. To make it clear, i go bed, i sleep, i sometimes dream, i wake. I don't plan anything like lucid dreams.

Present - I have been looking up dreams just recently as i am either not dreaming at all, or not remembering or i am having one dream where the patterns are similar each time although they are starting to escalate with the violence and senario. I don't want to give to much away but one person i know, the other person i have seen pictures of but she always looks different but i know its her. I might as well be physically awake as these dreams are feel so real, i am looking at these people, i see textures, glass, pulling the door knob etc. Then when i do actually wake. It hits me like a ton of bricks and i dont know if to cry or get angry.
I am telling you this as i fell asleep on my bed earlier for about 2 hours and i woke and i was almost paralysed with fear and anxiety. This dream is escalating, i am becoming more violent and now one of the people's relatives are in the picture. Its like a serious WTF is going on here.

Like i said, i have been looking up dreams and what Sigmund Freud has had to say. That women are more likely to have nightmares (if this is what it is) than men as we are apparantly more prone to depression. The mind working through our problems etc.

I don't think i am stressed. I am plodding on with life. I know i have had my problems but i am getting on with it. This dream escalation brings me pain and hurt blah blah. I want it to stop.

Can i have your 2 cents please???

Thanks ;)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't remember my dreams much, I have three types of dreams that I know off.

Euphoric dreams
- usually very relaxing and soothing, often wake up with a huge smile on my face and a 'why am I smiling?' thought racing through my head. When I remember them I usually wake up on my back, feeling very relaxed. An example is me floating in a bubble, running the universe with my thoughts like an RTS game or something. Either a sense of greater understanding, or a sense of love are key in these dreams.

Irrational dreams
- The few I remembered in bits and pieces made absolutely no sense. They are dreams that keep leading from situation to situation with each and everytime the most irrational course of action is taken. They're quite frustrating, but I always have a very curious feeling with them. I'll not give an example, they're truly very weird. Often relating to happenings irl in some way. I usually wake up feeling anxious and sweaty after such dreams, and often find myself either curled up or flat on my belly. They're probably the funniest dreams, but also the most annoying. I wouldn't call them nightmares as fear isn't really an emotion here. Frustration is usually the negative emotion in these dreams. :p

Rational dreams
- Often happen when I fall asleep with a problem or item on my mind that needs pondering. In a few situations, most notably with programming problems, I have gone to sleep pondering on a solution and waking up knowing the solution. At times, I've had these dreams and wake ups several times a night, each time getting a step further towards the solution. Funniest moment was when I was 18 and fixing some bugs for one of my favorite games, there was one bug I could not find a solution for. I went to sleep pondering about it and in the morning my mom woke me up and I started babbling incomprehensibly towards her, stumbling out of my bed to the computer. Trying to hang on to the thought of the solution while my mom was asking me questions. I was still asleep too much to understand her questions. :p

As for your dreams, I try not to analyze peoples dreams too much. Sometimes they seem rather obvious, but could still have a totally different meaning to the person in question.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
the dreams i have seem to meld my mind with the world. i sometimes wake up and can't decipher whether what i just dream was real or just in my head... or whether i woke up at all. i wouldn't call them lucid in the sense that i am awake in them, but there is a form of world or reality that has leaked into my mind. it is because of these dreams i know how my personal hell looks. it is because of these dreams i can see who i really am and where i am headed in my life. it is because of these dreams i can have an audience with my mind.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it is because of these dreams i can have an audience with my mind.

You're definatly NF and not NT. Based on that line alone. Ofcourse a single line isn't all saying, but still, that was very un-NT-ish. :D

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
You're definatly NF and not NT. Based on that line alone. :p

i am both. to me, they're not mutually exclusive. i don't know why people keep trying to type me as either one or the other. is it really so hard to understand that MBTI isn't perfect?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I wasn't tryint to put a label on you. I know MBTI is anything but absolute. :D

Just saying that what you said there was very NF. :)

I edited my post to clarify that I didn't mean to put a label on you. You just responded before I could edit. :p

Snow Turtle

Hehe.
One of my most lucid dreams, and to this day I can't tell whether I was hallucinating or dreaming the whole event, was when green faces started appearing out of the wall chanting in a slow manner. I ran out of my room to my parents bedroom but they were still coming through, then I hid under the duvet.

It's been an extremely long time since I've had nightmares though. I either draw blanks or sad states of dreams, they're never scary. Once I admitted that I dreamt everyday, but was not aware of it. Dreams starting occuring to me more frequently, or rather I starting taking notice of them and recalling them.

Some of them are quite useful as they provide messages to me. By attaching meaning to a dream, the dream itself is meaningful because I went through the process of attaching meaning when I wouldn't do so ordinarily. Although that's abit of circular reasoning perhaps.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
i very often find scenery or things in life that correlate to my dreams. usually they bring about a melancholic mood (see: personal hell). i should begin to draw these hells out to see if other people can relate to them too.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
When you realize that dreams don't necessarily have meaning you can actually enjoy the terror. You are safe.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^^^ WHAT??? I am not a violent person at all. I don't usually have violent dreams, jus ones where i am running from some crazy nutters who wants to hurt me.

The last time i had this kind of dream i just beat her up. This time however, i could feel her long hair in my hands, my punches were doing nothing. I looked around the bathroom to see what i could bounce her head off and noticed the door frame. So full on, i pushed as hard as i could and her head connected with the corner of the door frame. The blood was pouring down her face and going on the blonde hair. Still i felt nothing.

OK, if i look closer into this, i am trying to stop this person from doing something that hurts me in my dream. Reality .. She is just a human being, who feels what i do.

I think maybe feelings and logic are battling here to see who will triumph.

I haven't though been able to shake the feeling i had from last night and it is fucking disturbing me.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
When you realize that dreams don't necessarily have meaning you can actually enjoy the terror. You are safe.

i do realize it, but i'm not sure my mind does.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
saslou -
you say you are not a violent person, maybe your violent dreams are a way of releasing tension so that you do not act on violent impulses in everyday life. that is, maybe your mind is allowing you to express yourself violently in dreams (where your actions do not hurt actual people), so that when you are conscious (awake) you do not have violent urges or actions.

i dated an ESFP who had a similar situation. she is a very sweet, happy, and extremely non-violent person, but she would have dreams were she was brutally and profoundly violent. this is maybe an outlet for your violence, to sort of preemptively protect and shield others from your violent actions.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh bless you.

Makes sense, i would rather though have big guns etc like the T 800 terminator (yeah took the which robot would you be test) and just hurt/maim people without actually killing them. That makes sense :)

Sorry i am trying to use humour to cover up my anxiety. Least i am honest about it. Who ever thought a feeler would be anxious about showing feelings.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I typically end up defending, destroying, or losing something I care about. When I'm defending I seem to have a dark an sinister exterior while some little girl clings to one of my clawed hands for protection. In destroying I am the gallent night who must put a loved one out of their misery. In loss I am typically a shadowy person, typically a spy; the woman appears, then when I get too close, dissapears.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Good point .. I think i am defending something important to me .. She is the enemy so i have to hurt her, maybe as she has hurt me.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I was 3 or 4 I had a dream where I went on an adventure with a girl I really cared for (no one real, I don't thing she resembled anyone I knew from daycare). We fought all kinds of monsters, but she died to our nemesis and I destroyed it. Later I came up on this orange coloured frog, I heard her calling from within it so I chopped it open with my sword. It came apart like orange peels, she thanked me and disappeared as a ghost into the wind. No joke, I woke up crying...

I only remember two other dreams I've had before that one and a few "normal" reality memories as well.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
i do realize it, but i'm not sure my mind does.

I enjoy intense emotions. Especially fear as long as I can handle whatever is causing it. It is calming. The thing I can't handle is amorphous anxiety. Nothing to attack except what exists inside, which is somehow scarier than anything in the world I can imagine handling.