• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Male Body Image Issues

heart

heart on fire
What are body and face image issues like for men?

If you have these issues, do you often admit them or do you tend to not think about them and use self talk to detract from them?

When are such thoughts likely to come up?

What issues specifically do you have about your own body and face?

Thank you in advance for any willing to answer these questions.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I broke my nose once and my nose is a bit skewed, making it impossible to wear glasses straight due to a lump on my nose and my nostrils appear to be of different sizes and shapes because of it. My ears are also not both on the same height, and coincidentally in the opposite direction of the lump on my nose regarding my glasses, making it even harder to wear glasses straight.

Other then that, I have no issues, my body isn't perfect but practical and gets the job done in all regards so I am fine with the rest.

The fact is however that I need to wear glasses when driving at the least and as much as possible elsewhere as well to prevent headaches from occuring, so the nose thing is really annoying and impractical.

I'm considering breaking my nose again surgically to correct it. :)

edit: I admit them openly. Will show the shape of my nostrils to any person curious about seeing them. I really lack physical shame. *shrug*

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm fucking hawt provided that I've bothered to shave and etc. My hairs starting to fall out a bit prematurely, but I don't really care much. I could probably use a bit more muscle and tan, but I'm happy with what I've got :D

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

I'm short.

If you have these issues, do you often admit them or do you tend to not think about them and use self talk to detract from them?

What do you mean 'self talk'?

When I see couples all over the place - or when I've recently been rejected. I will sometimes write it off as 'Well of course, girls want taller guys, no wonder girls don't find me attractive.

I still get the occasional acne breakout - at 28. That drives me crazy. Can't figure out of it's aliens or my diet.

Weeeeee.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Interesting. I tend to believe that men want taller women and that's why men don't find me attractive.:cry:

When I see couples all over the place - or when I've recently been rejected. I will sometimes write it off as 'Well of course, girls want taller guys, no wonder girls don't find me attractive.

I

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I think to each their own.

I like tall women, but only because I'm very tall myself and I -really- hate looking down to people. There aren't many women taller than 1.95m however. :( But I'm sure there are both men and women interested in short as well.

In the end though, I would not base a relationship on such things. If I like the girl I don't care if she's 1.50 or 1.90, it would never be in the way of a relationship. There's just a preference to which I'll never take heed to. (I'll walk on my knees if need be! :D )

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I seem to chronically have them.

I completely admit them to myself, no sense in denial. I'm not as comfortable talking to others about it, as I'm not particularly proud of being so anxious, self-deprecating, or vain. It's annoying with anyone, though I also get the impression that it's especially disapproved coming from males.

When I'm feeling lonely.

Where to start... The most prevelant worry in my life has been my skin. It's pale, pasty, hyper-sensitive and I have acne. I think it's improved a bit, or I've just gotten over it. But the other big issue has filled in, which are my teeth. They're very crooked and stained. I'm reluctant to smile.

But everything else has been scrutinized by me on and off. I've felt too scrawny, too short, I really dislike the profile of my face. Things about my eyes, hands, etc... Everything. I've considered the possibility that I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

Okidoki.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I have an asymmetric face. My jaw is outta whack, and I had my nose broken by an asshole, so it's messed up too. My female friends take me along as some sort of mascot, while they make themselves visible to the more desireable males in the tribe. It's a hoot. I really love being a bride's maid with a dick...:steam:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. I tend to believe that men want taller women and that's why men don't find me attractive.:cry:

I

I like shorter women :D

It's just hilarious when you hug them and go: wow, I never realized how short you are till just then, and they just loose it :hug:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and I had my nose broken by an asshole, so it's messed up too.

Hmm, granted my nose was broken by an asshole too, but not until after I made an ass out of myself as well. :p

Sucks though, doesn't it.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I like tall women, but only because I'm very tall myself and I -really- hate looking down to people. There aren't many women taller than 1.95m however. :( But I'm sure there are both men and women interested in short as well.

There's someone for everyone. My little sister is 6'2" and her last bf was 5'8". I'm 5'6" and my last bf was 6'7".

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No doubt.

Still, I wouldn't mind giving someone a few of my inches. Level the playfield as it were. :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
No doubt.

Still, I wouldn't mind giving someone a few of my inches. Level the playfield as it were. :D

*resists the urge to be obscene*

carry on, gentlemen - sorry for the hijack...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Either way, I wouldn't mind.

*cough*

juggernaut

Permabanned
Well, I think to each their own.

In the end though, I would not base a relationship on such things. If I like the girl I don't care if she's 1.50 or 1.90, it would never be in the way of a relationship. There's just a preference to which I'll never take heed to. (I'll walk on my knees if need be! :D )

You're the perfect height! (says she at 1.80m)

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Tall chick, shorter guy is hot. Talk about balls. :D