User Tag List

123 Last

heart on fire

Default Male Body Image Issues

What are body and face image issues like for men?

If you have these issues, do you often admit them or do you tend to not think about them and use self talk to detract from them?

When are such thoughts likely to come up?

What issues specifically do you have about your own body and face?

Thank you in advance for any willing to answer these questions.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I broke my nose once and my nose is a bit skewed, making it impossible to wear glasses straight due to a lump on my nose and my nostrils appear to be of different sizes and shapes because of it. My ears are also not both on the same height, and coincidentally in the opposite direction of the lump on my nose regarding my glasses, making it even harder to wear glasses straight.

Other then that, I have no issues, my body isn't perfect but practical and gets the job done in all regards so I am fine with the rest.

The fact is however that I need to wear glasses when driving at the least and as much as possible elsewhere as well to prevent headaches from occuring, so the nose thing is really annoying and impractical.

I'm considering breaking my nose again surgically to correct it.

edit: I admit them openly. Will show the shape of my nostrils to any person curious about seeing them. I really lack physical shame. *shrug*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I'm fucking hawt provided that I've bothered to shave and etc. My hairs starting to fall out a bit prematurely, but I don't really care much. I could probably use a bit more muscle and tan, but I'm happy with what I've got
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I'm short.

If you have these issues, do you often admit them or do you tend to not think about them and use self talk to detract from them?
    What do you mean 'self talk'?

When I see couples all over the place - or when I've recently been rejected. I will sometimes write it off as 'Well of course, girls want taller guys, no wonder girls don't find me attractive.

I still get the occasional acne breakout - at 28. That drives me crazy. Can't figure out of it's aliens or my diet.

Weeeeee.

^ how short are you?

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Interesting. I tend to believe that men want taller women and that's why men don't find me attractive.

When I see couples all over the place - or when I've recently been rejected. I will sometimes write it off as 'Well of course, girls want taller guys, no wonder girls don't find me attractive.

I
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Well, I think to each their own.

I like tall women, but only because I'm very tall myself and I -really- hate looking down to people. There aren't many women taller than 1.95m however. But I'm sure there are both men and women interested in short as well.

In the end though, I would not base a relationship on such things. If I like the girl I don't care if she's 1.50 or 1.90, it would never be in the way of a relationship. There's just a preference to which I'll never take heed to. (I'll walk on my knees if need be! )
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I seem to chronically have them.

I completely admit them to myself, no sense in denial. I'm not as comfortable talking to others about it, as I'm not particularly proud of being so anxious, self-deprecating, or vain. It's annoying with anyone, though I also get the impression that it's especially disapproved coming from males.

When I'm feeling lonely.

Where to start... The most prevelant worry in my life has been my skin. It's pale, pasty, hyper-sensitive and I have acne. I think it's improved a bit, or I've just gotten over it. But the other big issue has filled in, which are my teeth. They're very crooked and stained. I'm reluctant to smile.

But everything else has been scrutinized by me on and off. I've felt too scrawny, too short, I really dislike the profile of my face. Things about my eyes, hands, etc... Everything. I've considered the possibility that I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

Okidoki.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    ^ how short are you?
    5'5"

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I have an asymmetric face. My jaw is outta whack, and I had my nose broken by an asshole, so it's messed up too. My female friends take me along as some sort of mascot, while they make themselves visible to the more desireable males in the tribe. It's a hoot. I really love being a bride's maid with a dick...:steam: