• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Male Body Image Issues

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Even at thirty, I've still got a bit of a complexion problem that I have to handle with kid gloves. If I go more than twelve hours without showering, it's back to the drawing board. It has become less of a problem the last two years or so. Whether that's due to better maintenance on my part or it slowly clearing up, I don't know.

When I take care of myself, though, I've got no real problems. Sometimes I think if I had a twin I'd never leave the house. :laugh:

If pressed, I suppose I could be three or four inches shorter.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's because society is cruel enough to us already, and we can't even get a girl. We really have to go the fugly bars to even have a chance.

Well, I liked this one INTP even though he was ugly. His weight fluctuated dramatically (read: up to 80 lbs!!!) because of his eating disorder, and he was balding early. His face was not attractive either.
What actually ruined it was that he could be total jerk....

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
What are body and face image issues like for men?

same as for women? issues are in the head or do you actually wanna know if the scars on my knees are real

If you have these issues, do you often admit them or do you tend to not think about them and use self talk to detract from them?

admit them...first step towards dealing with them in a healthy way

When are such thoughts likely to come up?

when i got too much time on my hands and i just haven't been living upto my standards

or im second guessing cuz the one person whose opinion i value did something stupid that directly affects me (pointing out the issue does NOT count...thats usually dealt with apathy and a what-you-see-is-what-you-get---like-it-or-love-it attitude)

What issues specifically do you have about your own body and face?

none...except i eat out a lot and i love food so i end up gaining weight...but then i work out and i am very active so it all balances out except i can't help wondering if these sauces and stuff are gonna affect me 10 yrs down the raod

its a bit wierd, when im not living upto my standards for fitness, i lower my standards and be happy till i end up going on a date and then realizing that im being a dumbass

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I should be arround so that I can knock you senseless if you let yourself do. Read my sig.