User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    and she always wears heels...

I love it!! I wish I had the guts. I always feel like I look like a giant drag queen in anything with more than a 2-inch lift.

Sorry guys we've totally hijacked the thread.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Slightly on topic and length related. Although not that much of an issue for me per se.

I naturally walk bent slightly. To walk straight up needs a Ti component on my part to achieve. (And often results in a very fake-like unnaturally big pace, bigger then my already rather big pace. :P )

:P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Slightly on topic and length related. Although not that much of an issue for me per se.

I naturally walk bent slightly. To walk straight up needs a Ti component on my part to achieve. (And often results in a very fake-like unnaturally big pace, bigger then my already rather big pace. :P )

:P
    aww, you are so adorably broken.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Thank you. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    What are body and face image issues like for men?

If you have these issues, do you often admit them or do you tend to not think about them and use self talk to detract from them?

When are such thoughts likely to come up?

What issues specifically do you have about your own body and face?

Thank you in advance for any willing to answer these questions.
    Well, I suppose men have some body issues. I've never really talked to any other guys about their own issues. We generally tend to keep to ourselves about it.

I have plenty of body issues. I don't like my hair style all that much, but there isn't much I can do with the type of hair I have. I have a big nose that has indeed been broken once (or cracked, I don't remember) by someone. And the biggest is my chest. I have mild pectus excavatum.

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    My ears are also not both on the same height,
    Same...it's not too extreme in my case and I just assume that people find it cute. Don't wear them all the time, though.

My brother is a lot more body/image conscious than I am. I sometimes stumble upon imperfections by accident...I was 19 when I noticed the ears and I've only recently figured out one corner of my mouth is slightly higher than the other (because I was filming a video question for an astronaut that's leaving for the ISS, lol). Also one front tooth is a bit longer than the other. I'm sure there's tons more to come, but I'll just go with the flow.

Most of these things were previously pointed out to me by my brother. He looks at me more intently than I look at myself in the mirror. Even when I look at a picture it often doesn't pop out. TBH, I kind of like that.

MBTI
    INTP

Once in a blue moon I'll take up issue with my nose (it's pretty big). Other than that, I don't have too many issues. Although I pretty much look how I like to look, even if the rest of the world thinks I look like a troll.

I had way more issues when I was younger and tried to meet societies standards. Then I got over that.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

None now, i use to be insecure when i was younger.

If you have these issues, do you often admit them or do you tend to not think about them and use self talk to detract from them?
    Cry myself to sleep....j/k, I generally kept it in, since you know you can't really do anything on how you look.

When are such thoughts likely to come up?
    I guess that was the source of my shyness a few years back.

Well for one, my body isn't easy to mold because when i was taking weightlifting pretty seriously, i couldn't get bigger. Tried to get a six pack and had moderate success, i pretty much had to kill myself, ran 6 miles in the morning, then work out 2 hours at night (3 times a week for the run, and 5 times a week in the gym). This routine lasted a couple of months before i decided its not worth it. Nowdays, i just run 3 miles (3-4 times a week) and call it a day and i eat whatevah i want. I still maintain 150 lbs which is a good weight for me.

Thank you in advance for any willing to answer these questions.

np
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Well I'm short and unmuscular. I rarely care about that though, and I have no other issues with my body.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

The main difference for men is that society tends to place less pressure on them to be physically attractive. Attractiveness isn't considered as germane to the male image, and there often seems to be a pressure for men not to care about their appearance. This can create a situation where a man really wants to look good but feels that he can't act on that concern.

I don't have that issue. I'm very much concerned about my appearance, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I have a terrible, terrible lot of issues with my appearance. Long story short, I consider myself ugly, which cripples me socially and devastates my odds of ever having a romantic relationship.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]