User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default Hypothetical Question...

Imagine an Angel came to you and said that you could die right now and go to Heaven forever.The only catch is that you will never see your family again. The Angel reassures you that your family will be safe and looked after.

Just to clarify what the Angel is offering you, I will sum up what I mean by Heaven: Everlasting bliss with unimaginable pleasures and eternal youth with perfect health.

Would you accept the offer, or are your family more important to you than Heaven itself?

The point of the question is to see whether you place your happiness in others hands, or whether you feel complete in yourself. This doesn't necessarily mean that those who accept the offer don't care about their family, it's just that they recognize that self-awareness is unique. Even the most intimate lovers cannot view the world in exactly the same way. Consciousness is indivisible. No matter what, we can never experience life from another mind or soul.

Personally, I would accept the offer with absolutely no hesitation.

Remember, this is a hypothetical question. Whether you believe in Heaven or not, the question is still relevant.

Also, I will be interested to see whether the response will be divided evenly between introverts and extroverts. I suspect most introverts would accept, but not extroverts.
    "But only in their dreams can men be truly free. 'Twas always thus, and always thus will be." - Dead Poets Society

Enneagram: 5w4 sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I would be quite skeptical of the offer, it could be a trick designed by the devil himself :P, you'd think that you'd be able to visit your family though. I think there might be a difference between F and T answers, but perhaps not introvert/extrovert so much. But it does depend on who else is up there... if you were stuck up there by yourself to experience unimaginable pleasure, I suppose you couldn't feel remorse, guilt, or loneliness...

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Provided there weren't any catches and what the angel said was absolutely true, I'd say beam me up Scotty, and wouldn't look back.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by The Unknown Essence View Post
    Imagine an Angel came to you and said that you could die right now and go to Heaven forever.The only catch is that you will never see your family again. The Angel reassures you that your family will be safe and looked after.

Just to clarify what the Angel is offering you, I will sum up what I mean by Heaven: Everlasting bliss with unimaginable pleasures and eternal youth with perfect health.

Would you accept the offer, or are your family more important to you than Heaven itself?

The point of the question is to see whether you place your happiness in others hands, or whether you feel complete in yourself. This doesn't necessarily mean that those who accept the offer don't care about their family, it's just that they recognize that self-awareness is unique. Even the most intimate lovers cannot view the world in exactly the same way. Consciousness is indivisible. No matter what, we can never experience life from another mind or soul.

Personally, I would accept the offer with absolutely no hesitation.

Remember, this is a hypothetical question. Whether you believe in Heaven or not, the question is still relevant.

Also, I will be interested to see whether the response will be divided evenly between introverts and extroverts. I suspect most introverts would accept, but not extroverts.

I would not accept unless I was already 90 or something. It's not just about missing your family. You realise that, right? You'd be missing out on your one opportunity to live and experience the world for the one time period you've been given. Assuming Heaven exists, you can always go there when you die of old age after you've lived your life and been a decent person. Why cut corners and skip out on all the pain and pleasure life offers.

Actually, that's something that's always bugged me. Heaven must be really boring if all you ever experience is everlasting good emotions and sensations. After a while, it all blurs together into one big "blah" feeling.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

I'd stay with my family and try go to heaven the normal way.

I also believe there's more value staying with my family than there is going to heaven from a collective perspective. Similar to the reasoning that Kyrielle gave.

MBTI
    ENTj
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTj

Without a doubt, i'd choose 'heaven'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Actually, that's something that's always bugged me. Heaven must be really boring if all you ever experience is everlasting good emotions and sensations. After a while, it all blurs together into one big "blah" feeling.
    It's not everlasting good emotions and sensations if you can get bored.
    Something that is 'perfect' isn't perfect if you get bored of it. Just shows how hard it is for the human mind to imagine perfection.
    ENTJ LIE
    3w4 sp/sx
    3w4(4w5)-5w6(6w7)-9w8(1w9)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    This remind me, in an oblique way, of a conversation I had in an AP English class. We were discussing "Lost Horizon" and "moderation in all things" when I blurted out (INTP style) "I have to assume that also includes 'moderation in moderation'."

I simply cannot imagine a "perfect" existence that does not include the occasional over-the-top experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It's not a zero sum game. You're still a dork.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

First, I'd ask the angel what's required to get to heaven the usual way (since there are many conflicting sets of instructions as to this), and if I didn't have as much of a chance the usual way, I'd take the offer. No question. (I agree with what everyone else said.)

Edit: Jeez, that sounds heartless and calculating! Sorry...
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP

Considering all the ones I genuinely loved/cared about are already dead... I'd end up seeing most of them anyway so yeah. hehe

WOO LOOPHOLE!
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I told ya, all F answers were no, all T answers were yes... regardless of extroversion/introversion. I agree with Azseroffs, It's hard to teach some people what infinity is too. I think those people are usually Feelers (well, it has been that way in my experience). The same thing happens when you try to convince them that humans are merely robots; fuel goes in, fuel is expended, work takes place (just like in a car)... pain goes in, brain states occur, reaction (you could program a robot to make the same response).
    5 3 9