User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i believe i'll go when i'm meant to and i'm not ready to leave my people...i've got too much left to do...so no.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hypothetically, I'd have a hard time accepting the offer, but not for the sake of not seeing my family again.

Seriously, higher beings offering me heaven but immidiatly start restriction would really get on my nerves and make me very cautious of their intentions. Considering I am skeptical about heaven in more ways than most people can imagine.

In all likelyhood I'd tell them to fuck off.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP

1. I've lived far away from my family and voluntarily kept contact to a minimum for many years, so it's not much of a dilemma, but...

2. I'm quite attached to my humanity, quite fond and even proud of it, and mortality's a part of that which I don't want to duck out of. In fact, coming to terms with it is I think, the only way to become as fully actualized as a human as I can imagine being. Shortlived though it might be in the GSOT, the awesomeness factor has to be way above boring old immortality. So...

3. Considering that neither family nor heaven itself are things I've ever felt are indispensible in my life, the question seems a bit bland, to me.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I wouldn't accept the offer, because I want to experience everything life has to offer. And family didn't really factor into that.

Also, what LucrativeSid said.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    I wouldn't do it. Not because I'd miss my family, but because it would be a cheap ass existence. I like pain. I like struggle. I like earning what I get in life. I like Earth.

You say the point is to see whether you place happiness in others' hands or not?

To me, staying would be the ultimate self-reliant thing to do. You choose to be human and to battle it out with nothing but a brain and a body. Having angels and gods just give you things ... now that doesn't seem very self-reliant. That seems like the ultimate case of counting on other people to give you happiness, and it's way too pathetic to be an option for me.
    Oh yeah, I didn't see this. Awesome, we're of one mind on that. It's totally the fight that makes it all worth living.

I being human. I think i'm like the only one of all my geek friends who has never chosen to play anything but human characters in D&D etc!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP

It might be a trick, so I would turn down the offer. I'm not that scared of what will happen to me anyway, so I figure I don't have too much of a problem risking it.

If there were a 100 percent guarantee, which I think is impossible, I might take it. Might.

MBTI
    ISTP

Nope. Wouldn't accept it. And it wouldn't really only have to do with my family. Just...all of my true pleasures, aren't anything heaven can offer better. Nothing I've ever read in any text about heaven from any religion...has any appeal to me. I like nature, and the world, and achieving things for myself. My real pleasures, are hiking, skiing, biking, and just general exploring and finding new places. Going *snap* and having everything I want...kind of gets rid of the sense of accomplishment.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    It might be a trick, so I would turn down the offer. I'm not that scared of what will happen to me anyway, so I figure I don't have too much of a problem risking it.

If there were a 100 percent guarantee, which I think is impossible, I might take it. Might.
    If an angelic being comes down from above and says "I guarantee 100% that you will go to heaven if you accept my offer", you would still probably doubt it. What you need is collateral
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

At first.. I would look at the angel and say, "For real..?"

Then I would really question, whether or not what she offers is b.s.

After much consideration and seeing that this is an authentic question, which would probably take a lot of convincing on my part? I would say, "No thank you.. I would rather be with my family.. That in itself is heaven to me. Life on earth is happy/fulfilling enough; I want to stay back to ride out the journey.. muchas gracias."

The responses could also reflect on other aspects of our lives & dealing with finished/unfinished business?

Personally I would rather die for real then be happy for the rest of eternity.