After all,
    you're my wonderwall...

{listen: }

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    I'm curious whether switching family with significant other would have made a difference. The difference in attachment.
    What significant other???
    Well, you leaving would crush their love for you, and your love for them would make you want to stay... but the thing is, you wont feel any guilt in heaven (that contradicts the unimaginable pleasure part), and love you feel would be insignificant in comparison to what you get in heaven. Once again, I think this really appealing to the Fs more than the Ts. But it does seem a little bit cruel to just desert someone that loves you for something better...
    5 3 9

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    What significant other???
    Well, you leaving would crush their love for you, and your love for them would make you want to stay... but the thing is, you wont feel any guilt in heaven (that contradicts the unimaginable pleasure part), and love you feel would be insignificant in comparison to what you get in heaven. Once again, I think this really appealing to the Fs more than the Ts. But it does seem a little bit cruel to just desert someone that loves you for something better...
    This reminds me of a question that my friend posed to me the other day.

"You can harm somebody. You can do anything you want. There will be a flip switch to reverse the time, and everything will be forgotten. It will be as if it never existed."

Of course him being an T decided to screw around with me and use horrible examples of: Killing someone to experience what it would be like, stealing from a bank, having a one night stand (this one isn't that bad) and other distasteful topics that I'll leave to your imagination. What say you?

For me... Other peoples happiness can be my form of happiness. Yes, it's a very FJ response I realise. I suppose I could do the same in heaven but it wouldn't be the same, it'd just be with different people and I'm pretty attached to my family and friends.

I also created another example for him to answer... He didn't seem to have much problem with it, it's similar to this question actually but I found difficulty in staying as long as him.

Imagine entering a room where you can do anything (similar to heaven) except you will definitely be alone. Time will be frozen so that when you come back outside the room, it'll be as if nothing occured. How long could you stay inside there?

or another example.

"Someone pays you $1,000,000 to not speak to your loved ones for 6 months, after it's over, you aren't allowed to tell them the reason you ignored them either."

Yay or Nay?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

This reminds me of a question that my friend posed to me the other day.

"You can harm somebody. You can do anything you want. There will be a flip switch to reverse the time, and everything will be forgotten. It will be as if it never existed."

Of course him being an T decided to screw around with me and use horrible examples of: Killing someone to experience what it would be like, stealing from a bank, having a one night stand (this one isn't that bad) and other distasteful topics that I'll leave to your imagination. What say you?

For me... Other peoples happiness can be my form of happiness. Yes, it's a very FJ response I realise. I suppose I could do the same in heaven but it wouldn't be the same, it'd just be with different people and I'm pretty attached to my family and friends.
    I would bitchslap people and flip that switch in a heartbeat. There is not a doubt in my mind. But if I robbed a bank, could I bring the money back with me, or is everything gone once I flipped that switch?

I also created another example for him to answer... He didn't seem to have much problem with it, it's similar to this question actually but I found difficulty in staying as long as him.

Imagine entering a room where you can do anything (similar to heaven) except you will definitely be alone. Time will be frozen so that when you come back outside the room, it'll be as if nothing occured. How long could you stay inside there?
    I think I could stay in there for a very long time as long as I could leave at any time. Are there books to read? Music? Could I bypass a decade and essentially time travel into the future - and if so, would I be aged?

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I would bitchslap people and flip that switch in a heartbeat. There is not a doubt in my mind. But if I robbed a bank, could I bring the money back with me, or is everything gone once I flipped that switch?
    You could flip the switch any time afterwards, but afterwards it'll all be gone. Temporary pleasure at the expense of society. But they'll forget it afterwards as well.

I think I could stay in there for a very long time as long as I could leave at any time. Are there books to read? Music? Could I bypass a decade and essentially time travel into the future - and if so, would I be aged?
    Time's just frozen. You'll get to become a superwise person when coming out, except you'll look the same as before. Only downside is that you're allowed to do it once. It was basically to see how long we could go without social interaction...

Oddly enough my friend (ENTX) said the same thing for both things. How he could learn his whole degree and just come out. Sometimes he's talked about just being a jerk just to see what it would be like, or living life like The Dice Man

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Then forget them both - too many rules! I'll never remember them and I will get caught in some continuum.

All the pleasures I really want, I can have right now - I don't want to kill anyone.

If I can freeze time, the last thing I want to be doing is sitting in a room somewhere. Booooring. (wait, does that room have access to unlimited favorite foods and a fully stocked library and bar??) If so, I could probably do a year - but I wouldn't see the point of it except to prove that I could. And no one would believe me anyway.

your resident asshole

I'd stick with my family no matter what. I love them so much and I'd be nowhere without them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think it's a trick question. Lucifer was an angel, heh heh.

But to answer it directly: no. I'm not ready to die, and when my time comes I'll go to Heaven, or whatever the afterlife may be, at that time.

I wouldn't do it. Not because I'd miss my family, but because it would be a cheap ass existence. I like pain. I like struggle. I like earning what I get in life. I like Earth.

You say the point is to see whether you place happiness in others' hands or not?

To me, staying would be the ultimate self-reliant thing to do. You choose to be human and to battle it out with nothing but a brain and a body. Having angels and gods just give you things ... now that doesn't seem very self-reliant. That seems like the ultimate case of counting on other people to give you happiness, and it's way too pathetic to be an option for me.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson