User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

No -This is my life and I am curious to see what will happen.
    INtP...RCUEI primary I...5w4...INTp... ILI...The Artist Formerly Known As Car!ssa

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Carissa View Post
    No -This is my life and I am curious to see what will happen.
    Would you also then be curious to see what heaven is like? Curious to experience unimaginable pleasure? Unimaginable pleasure means that no matter what you get from not being in heaven, it won't compare to anything from in heaven. I think the only legitimate excuse to not stay behind is if you believe that your family/friends etc. would be worse of, or feel pain from you not being there. Personally, I don't think it would make much of a difference if I disappeared from this world. Some people would be a little irritated, but they would get over it pretty quickly. That sounds pretty bad, but I've accepted it

wtf? shouldn't this thread be in philosophy?
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

i wouldn't go but i wouldn't go back to my family either. i don't care for either, i wouldn't want to live in a perfect world, but i don't want to be tied to people just because we share the same blood.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

My family can look after themselves - not worried about that. Is the pleasure good debaucherous pleasure or more like boring spiritual well being. Would I have just as much fun and people to explore ideas with up there, as I do down here? Could I find out if I'm going to be going there anyway later? What is the transition process like - is it like that scene in Total Recall when that dude's eye's pop out and his head basically explodes? I don't know... In the end, I'd most likely go, because it's something new and I'm curious as to who this "god" person is and why he made a world of minions. But I'd regret it on the way up because I'd realize how final my decision is and I can't change my mind. Or can I? Is there a stipulation or an exit clause?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

...My family is better off without me. They're all Fe's.
    Not to mention this world is inherently meaningless.
    Blind curiosity is also insufficient. (Dont think I could handle living just to see what happens tomorrow without any fundamental premise)

Will I find meaning in the afterlife? If yes. Absolutely, without hesitation. If not, I'm 100% ambivalent to the options, heaven? earth? hell? All the same...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I suppose I would accept it. I would find real meaning, and happiness there.

It probably helps that there's no one I value enough to care about never being able to see again, though. Especially not my family. Even if I did value someone, surely that would pale in comparison to what I'd experience in a place like heaven. I've also lost lots of people, and still managed to find ways to be happy without them, no matter how much I cared for them. I know that I like some people and would rather have some of them around, but I don't NEED anyone.

Note that I'm not religious. But if a deity or similar comes right up to me and offers something, that pretty much changes my outlook.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Well. Granted the hypotheticals, and assuming veracity and sincerity on all counts, then certainly. I've never really understood this family thing.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Interesting.

My family, more so my mother brought me into the world, gave me strong morals and values so i could fly the nest and make my own decisions in life. I love my family dearly. I don't need them however (apart form my kiddies).

I am going to heaven one day so why go now. I had this as my status on F/B recently - life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, totally worn out, yelling "Holy shit, what a ride!"

That is exactly what i intend to do .. So thanks for the offer but no thanks.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

i would accept. In this question (OP), one would actually be putting themselves in their own hands. Just because the agreement states one can never see family and also one would be fine, doesn't mean that's how it would turn out. Half of me comes from a tribe that is second to none when it comes to smuggling. These skills would most certainly be carried over to the other dimension. i'm sure shananigans like this happen all the time there. We are created in his image right?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

I'm curious whether switching family with significant other would have made a difference. The difference in attachment.