• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eccentricity

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Legit curious.

Wussup with that anyway?

It's a vague question* but answer it to the best of someone's ability.

Honestly... it's impossible for anyone not to have any contact with this.
Spill it.

You don't even have to give a theory. You can just tell a story. I don't care. Just say something. Don't be a jerk and walk past this thread.

*stop complaining about my vague threads... I don't like parameters, believe it or not

wolfy

awsm
I'm still waiting for someone to define normal let alone eccentric.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
*Well fuk it*....i like to wear light green, yellow, and pinkish shirts and jackets. Never been hit on by unwanted company either:) seriously.

Last edited:

juggernaut

Permabanned
Finally had to give it, too many "sailor moon" comments. At 34 I went to maroon, then red, then normal.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm eccentric.

Basically, it means I typically see things in quirky ways that other people don't tend to see them, but can see if prompted. Which is what separates us from crazy people.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Rich people are eccentric.

Poor people are just weird.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Eccentric... Uhh, whats that synonym... Oh yeah! *Over-compensation*

Compound words FTW.:devil:

juggernaut

Permabanned
Looks great, but why try so many colors? i tried to ask my sis this and she changed the subject.

I loved the pink, but it was time to ease my way back to normal. It wasn't really changing shades so much as sliding back into anonymity. I would have kept it pink, but my life changed and it was no longer appropriate.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
i'll go streaking anytime anywhere and i have a relatively small penis:) However, i will absolutely NOT moon someone. It's blatantly disrespectful.

Mole

Permabanned
The Weird and the Eccentric

Rich people are eccentric.

Poor people are just weird.

How true.

Every now and then someone, usually someone in a uniform, will tell me I am harmless but eccentric.

But the odd thing is I don't feel eccentric. I think of myself as being at home in Western Culture, in fact being at the centre of Western Culture.

Of course the British do have a tradition of eccentricity among the Aristocracy. And as we were settled during the long and peaceful Aristocratic Ascendancy, we have inherited the tradition of eccentricity. And of course we have democratised it.

And so I think eccentricity is more accepted here than in other countries.

How interesting it is that I am called eccentric here at home, but on the world-wide web I am called weird.

sculpting

Sorry Nocap, I dont think I qualify as eccentric...

I am just fucking crazy-weird-odd but in a cute, fluffy sort of harmless way.

Like I wont bring a gun to work, but I might bring you a couple of extra pet cats instead or make you paperclip chains to hang from your doorway or distribute representative nebula to all my coworkers in three buildings.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
How true.

Every now and then someone, usually someone in a uniform, will tell me I am harmless but eccentric.

But the odd thing is I don't feel eccentric. I think of myself as being at home in Western Culture, in fact being at the centre of Western Culture.

Of course the British do have a tradition of eccentricity among the Aristocracy. And as we were settled during the long and peaceful Aristocratic Ascendancy, we have inherited the tradition of eccentricity. And of course we have democratised it.

And so I think eccentricity is more accepted here than in other countries.

How interesting it is that I am called eccentric here at home, but on the world-wide web I am called weird.
Is a gang rape democratic?
Yes, if demography is a science.

Krishnamurti titled one of his books: This Thing of Culture.
What did the adopted Brahmin Telugu lad think of the western culture?

When I was fifteen, my India was the India of Annie Besant.
I read Krishnamurti, but even then I did not understand any better.
You are a quick learner.
I was slow.

There was an article of Krishnamurti that catched my early attention.
Krishnamurti called marriage a prostitution.

Only then I got it.
Western culture is eccentric.

Thank you Victor, for a very good post.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
gotto love eccentric people (as long as they do not harm anyone else in the process); at least they're not boring.