it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I put my theory on some of this in a post quite a while ago. It's here if you're interested. It was rated highly by the illustrious Night, and really what better recommendation could there be?
    Great analysis.

There seems to be a bit of insecurity both directions: in he who over-emphasizes his uniqueness and in he who overly de-emphasizes it.

But it is flat out hard to just permit ourselves to be different where we are different, and similar where we are similar. That realization, "oh, I thought I was different and I'm not", or "oh, I thought I was so similar and I'm not" so very rarely come easily and painlessly. I blame no one for having not made them any more than I can blame someone for having not faced death.

Quote Originally Posted by antireconciler View Post
    But it is flat out hard to ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire
    Compared with what?
    Shut up Voltaire.
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by antireconciler View Post
    Great analysis.

There seems to be a bit of insecurity both directions: in he who over-emphasizes his uniqueness and in he who overly de-emphasizes it.

But it is flat out hard to just permit ourselves to be different where we are different, and similar where we are similar. That realization, "oh, I thought I was different and I'm not", or "oh, I thought I was so similar and I'm not" so very rarely come easily and painlessly. I blame no one for having not made them any more than I can blame someone for having not faced death.
    Yeah well, blame don't enter into it, do it? There's no point using moral/value judgements concerning a person just being inevitably what they are. If insecure or unaware is part of what they are, there's no point judging them when the symptoms start showing. I mean you can analyze it and say it's pretty dumb, that it's a shame that they're doing that and that the smart thing to do would be to wise up and be themselves more, but if they don't it's through lack of full realization and that basically boils down to perceptiveness and wisdom... to judge someone as bad for lacking that would be like judging someone as a bad person for having a low IQ or EQ. Good and bad, moral shizzle, don't come into it, IMO.

It never really troubles me to realize I'm "like other people" in some respect or other. In fact it's usually quite a relief, and I log it away as something that gives me a bit more chance than I thought I had of actually getting along with people lol
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

It's a hideous looking and awkward sounding word that's been invented by someone I want to find and shoot, in order to replace the already existing word "normality".
    Afraid he's already dead--the term was coined by President Warren G. Harding, actually, who promised the country a "return to normalcy", despite the fact that that wasn't actually a normal word. Oh, politicians.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Not a common word.

Research will reveal to you that it can be found in dictionaries.
    And it's not hideous. It's awesome.

I'm thinking I'll try and popularate "normalness" 'cause it seems like a flinasticatedly cool word.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESFj

Did somebody say eccentric?!
    E - 79% I - 21%
    S - 53% N - 47%
    T - 32% F - 68%
    J - 32% P - 68%

ESFP

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Nope, just McDonald's.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

it's a nuclear device antireconciler's Avatar
    MBTI
    Intj
    Enneagram
    5w4 so
    Socionics
    INTj

Yeah well, blame don't enter into it, do it? There's no point using moral/value judgements concerning a person just being inevitably what they are. If insecure or unaware is part of what they are, there's no point judging them when the symptoms start showing. I mean you can analyze it and say it's pretty dumb, that it's a shame that they're doing that and that the smart thing to do would be to wise up and be themselves more, but if they don't it's through lack of full realization and that basically boils down to perceptiveness and wisdom... to judge someone as bad for lacking that would be like judging someone as a bad person for having a low IQ or EQ. Good and bad, moral shizzle, don't come into it, IMO.
    Then you are merciful, and antidote to anyone who, through their own blame and judgment, comes to feel insecure. You are saying, in essence: there is no use blaming another who blames for lack of adequate knowledge or awareness. Good for you.
    ~ a n t i r e c o n c i l e r
    What is death, dies.
    What is life, lives.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

eccentricity feels cool at times...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]