• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Handwriting Thread: Introverted, or Extroverted?

My handwriting...

• Total voters

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's something I've been trying a few times over the past several months.

Somewhere I read that your handwriting may suggest whether you're an introvert, or an extrovert.

Introvert: When your handwriting tends/is slanted toward the left, as in... \\\\\\ - like that.

Extrovert: When your handwriting tends/is slanted toward the right, as in... ////// - like that.

Balance: When your handwriting is straight, as in... |||||| - like that.

Now, depending on how slanted the handwriting is, shows how introverted, or extroverted you are.

... Personally, my handwriting slants a little to the right - indicating that I'm some what extroverted. At other times, particularly when I'm taking notes (say), hence under pressure, my handwriting starts off straight, then peculiarly goes back to the normal... slanted a little to the right. I've noticed minor variation in my handwriting over the past several months, too. A few times slanted to the left a little.

So, out of interest, tell us what your handwriting is like, and post your handwriting for the fun of it - if you want to. :D

Last edited:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My handwriting is generally all over the place. I read pages from just a couple days apart and can't tell that they're from the same person.

Here's a sample from a while ago, though.

handwriting.png

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
interesting...mine is mostly straight but a lil to the right.
which matches my feeling that i'm just a lil extraverted.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK lets see. You are partially correct that a left hand slant indicates introversion and that a right hand one indicates extroversion. More so, a left hand slant indicates that an individual is retiring and shy. Whereas a right hand one indicates that the writer is possibly outgoing likes to mix with people. It's probably best done with cursive handwriting but printing works as well.
When I was a few years younger I actually compiled about 150 samples of handwriting at a local camp that I attended and tested my skills at Graphology. I got pretty good for an amateur who was probably just in his teens (12 -14). I'm a bit rusty now but I could probably still tell you about someone by looking at their hand writing.

Other common indicators in Graphology are:

Width
Narrow - Usually disciplined, but inhibited and restricted in view.
Broad - Normally uninhibited, like to travel. May also be rash and uncontrolled.

Spacing
Wide - The wider the spacing between words the less the individual likes to mix with people. They can be standoffish and solitary.
Narrow - Denotes a gregarious personality. Might also suggest that the writer chooses friends indiscriminately.

Size
Large - Denotes ambition or "thinking big."
Small - Feelings of modesty or inferiority. Although, the writer may be objective and scientific.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haphazard, looks like you're pretty much in-between 'balanced' and 'extroverted' - normally, I exchange between straight and a little to the right when I take notes, myself.

... 3 extroverts, so far.

S

Sniffles

You know Haphazard, my handwriting is very close to the sample you just showed above. So judging from my latest entries in my journal, I'll go with straight.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Other common indicators in Graphology are:

Width
Narrow - Usually disciplined, but inhibited and restricted in view.
Broad - Normally uninhibited, like to travel. May also be rash and uncontrolled.

Spacing
Wide - The wider the spacing between words the less the individual likes to mix with people. They can be standoffish and solitary.
Narrow - Denotes a gregarious personality. Might also suggest that the writer chooses friends indiscriminately.

Size
Large - Denotes ambition or "thinking big."
Small - Feelings of modesty or inferiority. Although, the writer may be objective and scientific.

Cool, that's a good elaboration. I guess that should help in determining the 'whole' personality type altogether than simply the introvert/extrovert part.

... Perhaps, now we can specify our handwriting with the given specifications, above - a better recommendation to post our handwriting(s). :yes:

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I'm going to post mine. What's nice is we all have our MBTI types to fall back on to help us improve our skills.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
okay just wrote something to look at...and maybe it doesn't slant much...hmm

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's a good one.

... Appears broad (width), wide (spacing) and large (size) - can definitely see the NFP streak, there. ;)

It appears to be slanted a little to the left, though.

Yeah, I'm going to post mine. What's nice is we all have our MBTI types to fall back on to help us improve our skills.

Exactly.

(Mine'll have to wait until tomorrow.)

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A suggestion. Use lined paper and you writing instrument of choice. Whether it be pencil or pen.

The writing instrument because your handwriting might be more natural and the lined paper so that we have something to measure slant and size with. Might I suggest graph or college ruled paper so that there is a definitive standard.

It also depends on how you orient the paper, but that's not worth getting into. It all balances out eventually.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
such an ISTJ!!!!!!!!!!

haha...are you trying to say my sample sucked!?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a good one.

... Appears broad (width), wide (spacing) and large (size) - can definitely see the NFP streak, there. ;)

It appears to be slanted a little to the left, though.

Exactly.

(Mine'll have to wait until tomorrow.)

it kinda does...yeah...hmmm
confused2hw.gif

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
such an ISTJ!!!!!!!!!!

haha...are you trying to say my sample sucked!?

No your sample was fine. I was using the paper orientation to determine the slant thought the size is what's harder to determine. If it helps I could actually read it unlike our friend Peguy. I'm just adding to the conversation. Standardization does make it easier, but my suggestions were more intended for future samples. ;)

I also came to the same conclusions as Persianness.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would figure anyone writing from left to right would slant to the right at least a bit, unless they are focusing really hard on making it straight. I can't imagine why it would slant to the left, that's like...backwards. :huh:

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would figure anyone writing from left to right would slant to the right at least a bit, unless they are focusing really hard on making it straight. I can't imagine why it would slant to the left, that's like...backwards. :huh:

There are some crazy people Jeffster. ISFPs for example. :p

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No your sample was fine. I was using the paper orientation to determine the slant thought the size is what's harder to determine. If it helps I could actually read it unlike our friend Peguy. I'm just adding to the conversation. Standardization does make it easier, but my suggestions were more intended for future samples. ;)

I also came to the same conclusions as Persianness.

yeah..i know sorry was just kidding. i don't think i have any lined paper though...but don't confuse me with the introvert/extravert thing...i've already gone through that and i'm not doing it again. :cheese:

LucrativeSid

Interesting, I've never heard of this before. I took some pictures of my trusty little notebook. It's college ruled. I am right handed. I did two separate pages so we can find out what stays consistent about the way I print. What do you think?

Page 1. I was neater because I was writing something I needed to remember. I planned on reading it again.
Picture1325.jpg

Page 2. I was writing down file names while working on my website, so I was being a bit sloppy because it didn't matter. In this case, I was just using my notebook for scratch paper.
Picture1331.jpg

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
My god Sid your handwriting is just like my brother's.

I don't really think that I can be considered an extrovert.