• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Handwriting Thread: Introverted, or Extroverted?

My handwriting...

• Total voters

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Handwriting.jpg

Okay, now psycho-analyse me.

Perhaps, you ought to re-do your personality test. :nice:

... And by the way - stylish handwriting...

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Perhaps, you ought to re-do your personality test. :nice:
Why? :huh: I've taken the test like a million times and I've always scored as an introvert. I think the tendency to lean right indicates that I am right handed and slanting right is comfortable for me more so then whether or not I'm an introvert/extrovert.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
hmm? Now you've got me wondering what you're thinking.

Like with Shaula (introvert), both your handwriting slants to the right quite a lot, which should ascertain you both as extroverts, definitely. I'm thinking whether I've ever seen you an extrovert, here...

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have no way of posting my handwriting on here, but I write about 80% straight, 13% to the left, and 7% to the right. It looks somewhat like Haphazard's writing sample.

wow. I've never met someone with handwriting like mine before.

juggernaut

Permabanned
Fortunately I know how to write better than I take pictures (or upload them).

So is that the writing of an eNTJ or an iNTJ?

The paper is college-ruled in one, and wide in the other.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think the tendency to lean right indicates that I am right handed and slanting right is comfortable for me more so then whether or not I'm an introvert/extrovert.

Perhaps, but I'm not so sure about that - you can write with the handwriting slanted to the left being right-handed quite comfortably, too. At times my handwriting slanted to the left, unknowingly, before I checked it out and assessed. I'm right-handed.

... I would assume the English text would slant to the right by default, given it is written from left to right. Possibly why we get more rightward than leftward handwriting.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Here's something I've been trying a few times over the past several months.

Somewhere I read that your handwriting may suggest whether you're an introvert, or an extrovert.

Introvert: When your handwriting tends/is slanted toward the left, as in... \\\\\\ - like that.

Extrovert: When your handwriting tends/is slanted toward the right, as in... ////// - like that.

Balance: When your handwriting is straight, as in... |||||| - like that.

Now, depending on how slanted the handwriting is, shows how introverted, or extroverted you are.

... Personally, my handwriting slants a little to the right - indicating that I'm some what extroverted. At other times, particularly when I'm taking notes (say), hence under pressure, my handwriting starts off straight, then peculiarly goes back to the normal... slanted a little to the right. I've noticed minor variation in my handwriting over the past several months, too. A few times slanted to the left a little.

So, out of interest, tell us what your handwriting is like, and post your handwriting for the fun of it - if you want to. :D

i think slant has only to do with handedness. when your stir with your right hand its easier and more natural to do it clockwise; counter-clockwise for your left hand. a right hand slanting to the left is too unnatural as its easier to pull along the page than push, which is nessessary because the ink flow can get inhibited otherwise.

mine is mostly slanted to the right or is otherwise up and down. im right handed and i hold my page/book on such a sharp slant somethimes its almsot sideways.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
i think slant has only to do with handedness.

Yep.

I have a somewhat open mind about general personality traits possibly showing up in handwriting, but the slant is much muchmore likely to be dictated by handedness.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I should have guessed this will turn into a handwriting analysis thread. :doh: I'm no expert at these things... subbie's the one you should go see.

I noticed in my handwriting that the 'spacing' between words is quite wide/apart, suggesting I'm standoffish and solitary, as opposed to gregarious. Damn it, that can't be too good.

... I'll say in-between, but I can't make out exactly how apart it looks like, clearly. :steam:
spacing between words is dependent on the size of the writing. It's easiest to use character width. So how many lowercase o's can you fit between two words? average is 5. :)

Word spacing isn't just about need for space though. It's also related to generosity according to some schools...

I lied earlier. When I looked through some old notebooks just now, I noticed the writing all slants to the right.

I'm an extrovert.
Slant has to do with sociability (friendliness)... that's not necessarily the same thing as extraversion. My writing has a right slant and I'm definitely not an extravert.

so big loopy y's and g's mean they have a tendency towards fantasy? is that what you said?
Well I generalized a bit. Basically it's in the way she wrote the loops. Pen pressure and mostly the upper loops suggests sensitivity and liking fantasy.

You know, I actually read what you wrote for some reason.
I kind of like your hand writting.
You're right about doctors but this applies to pharmacist as well!
They must have some secret code that normal people cannot crack. How do pharmacists know without even having to try?:shock:
Pharmacists are good at reading scribbles because they know what words to expect on the page. Jst lke hw you cn stll red ths evn thogh I tok awy sme lttrs. :)

i think slant has only to do with handedness. when your stir with your right hand its easier and more natural to do it clockwise; counter-clockwise for your left hand. a right hand slanting to the left is too unnatural as its easier to pull along the page than push, which is nessessary because the ink flow can get inhibited otherwise.

mine is mostly slanted to the right or is otherwise up and done. im right handed and i hold my page/book on such a sharp slant somethimes its almsot sideways.
Yes, slant does have to do with which hand you wrote with. However, if the analysis should have taken that into account. Left-handed writers has a tendency for more vertical writing. Also because of the way they push the pen from left to right, the pressure applied on the strokes are different from a right-headed writer. This can be picked up by a good graphologist. (According to subbie. :D)

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Yes, slant does have to do with which hand you wrote with. However, if the analysis should have taken that into account. Left-handed writers has a tendency for more vertical writing. Also because of the way they push the pen from left to right, the pressure applied on the strokes are different from a right-headed writer. This can be picked up by a good graphologist. (According to subbie. :D)

that would change if they wrote from right to left (think da vinci) like theyre supposed to

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
that would change if they wrote from right to left (think da vinci) like theyre supposed to

What do you mean by writing right to left? Making right to left strokes? That one's easy to spot from the shading on the page. (The start of the stroke tends to be stronger than the ending of the stroke. That's how you tell direction.)

Right to left stroke still impedes the flow of writing no matter what. What you're suppose to do is take that into account when you're looking at the flow of the writing. What's normally considered a fairly fast line of writing by a leftie is "super speedy". Similarly a right slant by a leftie get an "extra" point.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
slanted writing like mine but mirrored and your letters and words would be backwards. you can right from left to right but with a top left diagonal bottom right slant but you would still be pushing your pen across the page which is harder work than pulling it which is what right handers do.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
Yep.

I have a somewhat open mind about general personality traits possibly showing up in handwriting, but the slant is much muchmore likely to be dictated by handedness.

i think it is thinking style that can/does influence both hand writing and personality, the latter only to a small extent. teachers would tell you that girls generally write more neatly than boys. but there are exceptions, naturally (like me, as teachers would tell me "but i assumed this belonged to a boy, because of the [messy] handwriting")

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
My turn! My turn! My turn! My turn! My turn! My turn! My turn! My turn!

I try to make writing illiegible just so people can't read it. But it appears I slant to the right:

attachment.php

Yay, 1200!

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
My handwriting is so messy that in one word, some of the letters can be straight, some leaning to the right and some leaning to the left lol I just examined it.

When I am making an effort to write neatly (which involves slowing down) it is straight. (I think)

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Found this totally random sample lying around the house today...

hand.jpg