• Straight

27 33.75%
  • Tends to the right

47 58.75%
First 678910 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I should have guessed this will turn into a handwriting analysis thread. I'm no expert at these things... subbie's the one you should go see.

Quote Originally Posted by persianness View Post
    I noticed in my handwriting that the 'spacing' between words is quite wide/apart, suggesting I'm standoffish and solitary, as opposed to gregarious. Damn it, that can't be too good.

... I'll say in-between, but I can't make out exactly how apart it looks like, clearly. :steam:
    spacing between words is dependent on the size of the writing. It's easiest to use character width. So how many lowercase o's can you fit between two words? average is 5.

Word spacing isn't just about need for space though. It's also related to generosity according to some schools...

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I lied earlier. When I looked through some old notebooks just now, I noticed the writing all slants to the right.

I'm an extrovert.
    Slant has to do with sociability (friendliness)... that's not necessarily the same thing as extraversion. My writing has a right slant and I'm definitely not an extravert.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    so big loopy y's and g's mean they have a tendency towards fantasy? is that what you said?
    Well I generalized a bit. Basically it's in the way she wrote the loops. Pen pressure and mostly the upper loops suggests sensitivity and liking fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    You know, I actually read what you wrote for some reason.
    I kind of like your hand writting.
    You're right about doctors but this applies to pharmacist as well!
    They must have some secret code that normal people cannot crack. How do pharmacists know without even having to try?
    Pharmacists are good at reading scribbles because they know what words to expect on the page. Jst lke hw you cn stll red ths evn thogh I tok awy sme lttrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    i think slant has only to do with handedness. when your stir with your right hand its easier and more natural to do it clockwise; counter-clockwise for your left hand. a right hand slanting to the left is too unnatural as its easier to pull along the page than push, which is nessessary because the ink flow can get inhibited otherwise.

mine is mostly slanted to the right or is otherwise up and done. im right handed and i hold my page/book on such a sharp slant somethimes its almsot sideways.
    Yes, slant does have to do with which hand you wrote with. However, if the analysis should have taken that into account. Left-handed writers has a tendency for more vertical writing. Also because of the way they push the pen from left to right, the pressure applied on the strokes are different from a right-headed writer. This can be picked up by a good graphologist. (According to subbie. )
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Yes, slant does have to do with which hand you wrote with. However, if the analysis should have taken that into account. Left-handed writers has a tendency for more vertical writing. Also because of the way they push the pen from left to right, the pressure applied on the strokes are different from a right-headed writer. This can be picked up by a good graphologist. (According to subbie. )
    that would change if they wrote from right to left (think da vinci) like theyre supposed to

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    that would change if they wrote from right to left (think da vinci) like theyre supposed to
    What do you mean by writing right to left? Making right to left strokes? That one's easy to spot from the shading on the page. (The start of the stroke tends to be stronger than the ending of the stroke. That's how you tell direction.)

Right to left stroke still impedes the flow of writing no matter what. What you're suppose to do is take that into account when you're looking at the flow of the writing. What's normally considered a fairly fast line of writing by a leftie is "super speedy". Similarly a right slant by a leftie get an "extra" point.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

slanted writing like mine but mirrored and your letters and words would be backwards. you can right from left to right but with a top left diagonal bottom right slant but you would still be pushing your pen across the page which is harder work than pulling it which is what right handers do.

MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    Yep.

I have a somewhat open mind about general personality traits possibly showing up in handwriting, but the slant is much muchmore likely to be dictated by handedness.
    i think it is thinking style that can/does influence both hand writing and personality, the latter only to a small extent. teachers would tell you that girls generally write more neatly than boys. but there are exceptions, naturally (like me, as teachers would tell me "but i assumed this belonged to a boy, because of the [messy] handwriting")

MBTI
    INTP

My turn! My turn! My turn! My turn! My turn! My turn! My turn! My turn!

I try to make writing illiegible just so people can't read it. But it appears I slant to the right:

The Handwriting Thread: Introverted, or Extroverted?-horriblewriting-jpg

Yay, 1200!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    infp

My handwriting is so messy that in one word, some of the letters can be straight, some leaning to the right and some leaning to the left lol I just examined it.

When I am making an effort to write neatly (which involves slowing down) it is straight. (I think)
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Mine's to the right, usually. But it's most all over the page.
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Found this totally random sample lying around the house today...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

hahahahaha
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]