47 58.75%
First 2345614 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Wow, I thought I had bad hand writing. No offense. :P

I'll scan some of mine tomorrow or something.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Little Linguist is a neat freak
    Rounded upright writing, fairly large although not as large as Shortnsweet's.

Word spacing is precise. Everything is pin neat. Careful and deliberate writing style. Are you sure you're not a J? The superwide left margin is puzzling... I'm not sure if it's due to the way the pages are bound together or what not. So I'll reserve comments.
    Ahhh, yes. German margins are about 1-2 inches on the left-hand side. I always write on kariertes Papier (graph paper); if you observe carefully, you will notice it. I try to follow these margins exactly, not going inside or outside the line too much. I also prefer to hyphenate and/or put words on the next line rather than cramming them in to fit (I've heard this is a female trait, but I don't know).

My writing varies from "rounded, straight, and large" to "rounded, slanting slightly to the right, and being slightly smaller". Factors that affect my handwriting include: what kind of a pen I use, how much fun I'm having, and how much I'm focusing.

When I have time, I'm a neat freak, having almost one square between words (yes, I actually think about this while writing) and one line of squares in between each line to give the reader (and me) a chance to write corrections and make additions as necessary. Even while typing I prefer double or half-double spaced texts.

In college, I noticed the more focused I was, the smaller the handwriting. In a creative mood, the handwriting becomes rounder and more flowing. When rushing to keep up, the handwriting increases dramatically in size, as does the space between the words, and becomes drastically sloppier.
    Last edited by Little Linguist; 05-12-2009 at 02:28 PM.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

handwriting to the left because I turn the paper so much when I write on it...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by mippus View Post
    handwriting to the left because I turn the paper so much when I write on it...
    Hell, yes, I do that too!!!!!!!!! I turn my paper to a 45 degree angle almost, now that I think about it, and then I twist my head also to a 45 degree angle. God help me if I don't have lined paper - my lines go up and down like waves on a sea. That's why I prefer lined paper and preferably graph paper to write on - keeps me neat and organized, which I like.

(Don't you p's kill me now).

The logical thing to do would be to keep the paper straight but I CAN'T write like that - I need to twist the paper and my head to think properly. WEIRD, I know...As a kid, my grandparents tried DESPERATELY to rid me of the habit that began when I was 6...Never worked lol. Does anyone else have that problem, or is it just me and mippus?

Oh yeah, and I have have HAVE to scrunch my neck and back while thinking. Thinking and sitting up straight just ain't gonna cut it with me...Eh, doesn't help me now that I have back trouble. Hmm, does that mean I'm thinking too much???
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Hell, yes, I do that too!!!!!!!!! I turn my paper to a 45 degree angle almost, now that I think about it, and then I twist my head also to a 45 degree angle. God help me if I don't have lined paper - my lines go up and down like waves on a sea. That's why I prefer lined paper and preferably graph paper to write on - keeps me neat and organized, which I like.

(Don't you p's kill me now).

The logical thing to do would be to keep the paper straight but I CAN'T write like that - I need to twist the paper and my head to think properly. WEIRD, I know...As a kid, my grandparents tried DESPERATELY to rid me of the habit that began when I was 6...Never worked lol. Does anyone else have that problem, or is it just me and mippus?

Oh yeah, and I have have HAVE to scrunch my neck and back while thinking. Thinking and sitting up straight just ain't gonna cut it with me...Eh, doesn't help me now that I have back trouble. Hmm, does that mean I'm thinking too much???
    So you'll agree that (this part of) graphology is absolute nonsense?

Senior Member tastes_like_purple's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram

I have a sample of writing i did about 5 minutes ago for homework
    sorry its not in english, its my irish essay xD

what do you think? Besides the obvious messy writing xD
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes,
    I screamed aloud, as it tore through them,
    and now it's left me blind...

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Hm, are you in your early 20'ies?
    I like to guess age from handwritings...

MBTI
    xNFP

So you'll agree that (this part of) graphology is absolute nonsense?
    Hmm? Analyzing handwriting, like anything, is only useful if it relates truth about yourself. If not, then yes, it's worthless.

Regarding twisting the paper, god help me if I know why the hell I do that.....It's like I skew things and then align them again, with a great deal more effort than it would take just to do it normally. What does that say about my personality?

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

because writing to the right is some sort of a social norm?

MBTI
    xNFP

because writing to the right is some sort of a social norm?
    The thing is:

I twist the paper so that the upper right-hand corner of the paper is at a 45 degree angle, then bend the elbow so that it's at a 90 degree angle, and twist my head to the left so that it's equal....Disaligning and re-aligning....Bizarre...truly bizarre.

In the end, my handwriting is straight up and down.