• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Becoming more Extroverted? How?

Bullitt

MBTI Type
EStP
Hi guys!

Is there any confirmed working way of conditioning yourself to become more extroverted?

I am under the assumption that e.g. participating in something that requires quick thinking like sports and first person shooter video games, should be able to condition you to use you senses more, instead of intuition.

Now I am looking for a similar way of becoming even more extroverted, besides just going out and meeting people. Any suggestions? :)

MBTI Type
INxJ
Become a 24/7 drunk, that also does cocaine. You should be fine. Really.

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
if youre desiring to be more extraverted i think you already are at least kind of extraverted.

yeah, i came up with that before i opened the thread and read your type.

you're already the extravert you need/want to be. if people dont like you you're probably a jerk or immature... or they are.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Go hang out with people. Problem solved!

EDIT: I hang out with people on fairly regular occasions, and despite this fact, I remain an introvert today. However.. that's okay. You can talk to people and be around them without worrying about whether it's draining you or fulfilling your need for energy. Just do what you do. :D

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've managed to do it to a degree. I used to be a lot more withdrawn and reserved but I'm a lot more outgoing and talkative around strangers.

I kinda threw myself in the deep in end as much as possible, presenting myself with challenges and trying to tackle them. I went to a university further away rather than living at home and going to the local one. I moved into the halls of residence and really tried my best to be sociable. You have to put yourself outside your comfort zone and over time it becomes easier. I still 'jump in the deep end' - you have to keep working at it. Last year I went to Israel on my own to work on a kibbutz. I coped surprisingly well, even with the lack of privacy (which I value deeply). I made loads of friends and feel so much more confident in myself because of it all.

That said, I don't think an introvert can change to an extrovert nor do I really want to. I have just become a more open, outgoing introvert. And there's only so far you can go with all this. I will never get over my social anxieties and I still have periods of time when I go all hermit-like. Nor do I think that being an introvert is wrong or anything - its just not that socially acceptable unfortunately.

And anyway, why would an extrovert need to become more extroverted? Don't you really mean 'more confident'?

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I think people are confusing extraversion in this thread with social skills.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Well maybe the OP wants more social skills- not more extraversion.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Hi guys!

Is there any confirmed working way of conditioning yourself to become more extroverted?

I am under the assumption that e.g. participating in something that requires quick thinking like sports and first person shooter video games, should be able to condition you to use you senses more, instead of intuition.

Now I am looking for a similar way of becoming even more extroverted, besides just going out and meeting people. Any suggestions? :)

Aren't you already and extravert. You can pretend to be more or less of something, but it's draining and you will return to your old nature eventually.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can go full E mode for work or when I feel I am needed to be such without a problem. As long as I can find an hour or so later that day to 'find myself' again. :p

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This is a good point. I mean being extraverted means that you "feed off" being around people. If you have to condition yourself to do that then itll never probably be the same as if you were a true extravert. Do you not enjoy being around people? Or are you just not sure how to relate to them?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
drugs and alcohol abuse, mostly.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
This is a good point. I mean being extraverted means that you "feed off" being around people. If you have to condition yourself to do that then itll never probably be the same as if you were a true extravert. Do you not enjoy being around people? Or are you just not sure how to relate to them?

I guess if you feed off other people the majority of the time. I think I notice that I can feed off other people at times. I think it's Te that feeds off the people, though. When I have other people around me working with me, Te keeps getting pumped up and I go further and further into a structure and organization mode toward my surroundings. When I'm alone, the Te is more focused on personal things. It's that Te is capable of a lot more around other people just by being around those people compared to being alone. However, I won't last as long around those people as an ESTJ. I'll run out of patience quicker than the ESTJ.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Like being around other people. Strangely, that's a lot harder than it sounds on the surface. Remember, they're not just an audience for how awesome you are.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Take a shot of everclear. If you can still talk, I'm sure you'll be a little more social.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Caffeine does wonders, too.

hommefatal

Meet more people. Try dating sites and forums to find people similar to you, meet them in real life.