User Tag List

123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Default Schizoid (Everyone, especially amargith post)

I think I'm schizoid. I have effectively sworn off of dating for the next two years until I am older (by then people should be more mature), however, I notice these problems:

1. I am terribly lonely.
    2. I cannot tell anyone about my emotions because I am so different.
    3. I have difficulty beginning to feel emotions.
    4. I find myself unable to seek the human warmth that I need so much.

I have read the DSM and ICD criteria for schizoid, and I match both of them. I still have sexuality, and I am actively on the lookout for promising relationships. Am I schizoid, or am I just being a hypoinsaniac?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Is this a facet of unhealthy 4 perhaps, and you are identifying too much with your differentness?
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Never use a diagnosis to explain your problems, unless you've thoroughly made an attempt to solve them and have seen a doc. Normal person with issues self diagnosed with mental illness will certainly run into more problems and end up with little solutions. Try the difficult path to resolving things first.

(I just realized that in my sleepiness this sounds a bit like a fortune cookie)

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

A diagnosis is a plan of action. You could be THE textbook definition of a Schizoid and NOT be diagnosible. The question is how much of the behaviors in question are a problem for you (or for others, but mostly for you).

I thought I was schizoid - i found the INTP profile because of it, actually. I could even be legiimately diagnosed SPD by the counselor I see and not know it (they often won't tell you sensitive/controversial diagnoses such a personality disorders)... but it doesn't even matter, really. If you are where I was with this, then you're questioning what one is "supposed to do as a person with schizoid tendancies"..... but its really about what kind of life experiences you want. If you're lonely but accept that existance, it's fine. Don't let a bunch of NF wack jobs tell you that you need a "Balanced life", its retardedly overrated and mediocre to boot.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

dude whatever you do don't listen to THAT! ^^

you just need to find people you can connect with...some people WILL get you as different as you think you are...try to give some people a chance sometimes.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Well... . yes true, CERTAIN ENFPs might be able to help out a schizoid, but many would just as soon pity him for being so different. Silent, quiet pity for us "freaks" is the norm rather than the exception.

MBTI
    INxJ

You sound avoidant. Not schizoid. If you were the latter, you wouldn't need or want the company of others. You would be perfectly fine without them. Yet, you have emotional pain and want to share.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I think I'm schizoid. I have effectively sworn off of dating for the next two years until I am older (by then people should be more mature), however, I notice these problems:

1. I am terribly lonely.

I have read the DSM and ICD criteria for schizoid, and I match both of them. I still have sexuality, and I am actively on the lookout for promising relationships. Am I schizoid, or am I just being a hypoinsaniac?
    Totally not schizoid. If you were schizoid, sharing your life with others would have no apparent value to you in the first place. 01011010 is right in that your issue comes closer to avoidant PD, however, if you really had a PD, it doesn't seem likely that you would have such an easy time recognising it in yourself. That essentially conflicts with one of the main problematic qualities of PDs, which is that they are part of your rationalized cognitive structure, and you cannot recognise them as broken.

I advise looking into anxiety disorders instead.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

1. I am terribly lonely.

Two years of fucking instead of dating doesn't sound all that bad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Totally not schizoid. If you were schizoid, sharing your life with others would have no apparent value to you in the first place. 01011010 is right in that your issue comes closer to avoidant PD, however, if you really had a PD, it doesn't seem likely that you would have such an easy time recognising it in yourself. That essentially conflicts with one of the main problematic qualities of PDs, which is that they are part of your rationalized cognitive structure, and you cannot recognise them as broken.

I advise looking into anxiety disorders instead.
    Good advice