User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 23

  1. #11
    Senior Member run's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Those that are schizoid fulfill the criteria, but not all those who fulfill the criteria are schizoid.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INFP
    Posts
    963

    Default

    Strange, I somehow checkout as avoidant as well. I still don't avoid people, but dealing with them, espescially ES types is fraught with danger. I an open until rejection, then I close of possibilities with the rejecter.

  3. #13
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    I think I'm schizoid. I have effectively sworn off of dating for the next two years until I am older (by then people should be more mature), however, I notice these problems:

    1. I am terribly lonely.
    2. I cannot tell anyone about my emotions because I am so different.
    3. I have difficulty beginning to feel emotions.
    4. I find myself unable to seek the human warmth that I need so much.

    I have read the DSM and ICD criteria for schizoid, and I match both of them. I still have sexuality, and I am actively on the lookout for promising relationships. Am I schizoid, or am I just being a hypoinsaniac?
    You're just an INTP.

  4. #14
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    Strange, I somehow checkout as avoidant as well. I still don't avoid people, but dealing with them, espescially ES types is fraught with danger. I an open until rejection, then I close of possibilities with the rejecter.
    Both schizoid and avoidant personality disorders "avoid." However schizoids avoid simply because they don't like to be around people and enjoy their own company, while avoidants avoid because they're afraid of rejection and secretly want to be liked and appreciated.

    I'm with Numbers, you seem avoidant, not schizoid.



  5. #15
    Senior Member run's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    :run
    Posts
    466

    Default

    schizoids are self-elitists

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    um, depression? anxiety? I'd start there before I jumped all the way to schizoid.

  7. #17
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,781

    Default

    I don't know those seem normal to me. I mean not normal normal, but not like uurrg argh i'm a zombie arggg type weird. I mean I think as long as you think you have something you probably don't. So yeah listen to the others in this thread!

    PS. I am not a psychologist so take any advice i give with a grain of salt.

    pps.that wasn't actually advice
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I mean I think as long as you think you have something you probably don't.
    That simply isn't true. That's a stereotype perpetuated by the media. Many mentally ill people know that something is wrong with them. There are certain illnesses - borderline personality disorder, narcisisstic personality disorder, and certain types of schizophrenia - where mentally ill people don't realize that something is wrong with them. But avoidant, depressive usually know something is wrong with them. So do people with social anxiety and panic disorder, even bipolar disorder.

  9. #19
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    That simply isn't true. That's a stereotype perpetuated by the media. Many mentally ill people know that something is wrong with them. There are certain illnesses - borderline personality disorder, narcisisstic personality disorder, and certain types of schizophrenia - where mentally ill people don't realize that something is wrong with them. But avoidant, depressive usually know something is wrong with them. So do people with social anxiety and panic disorder, even bipolar disorder.
    You're right, but notice the pattern. Avoidant is the only one you mentioned as self-aware that's a PD, and you might not ever really be talking about definitive avoidant PD. Many, many mental illnesses can be accompanied by awareness of the illness, but as I said, a fundamental part of PDs is that the subject is not aware of having them. This includes Schizoid perhaps more tha most. Seriously, if he was actually schizoid, he would not be asking us about this.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  10. #20
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    . Seriously, if he was actually schizoid, he would not be asking us about this.
    I agree. I thought depression and/or social anxiety, which is what I suggested in my first reply.

Similar Threads

  1. Post your typological Profile, EVERYONE!
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 09-17-2017, 11:29 AM
  2. Post a book you think everyone should read and say why
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 10:21 AM
  3. Hi everyone. I just wrote my first post!
    By Cyanne in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 03:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO