User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Intelligent men and air-heads

Intelligent men typically pay lip service to valuing intelligent women, but when it comes right down to it, i have seen more than i could ever count go completely buggy eyed over air-heads. They revel in the giggles, zanyness, the unpredictability, the complete inability to grasp the most basic concepts. They love that they are never challenged about intellectual or emotional topics. They rule as the king of the giggling, curly-haired zombies. Is it because hormones make you stupid, so stupid people must logically have the most raging hormones? Anyway, it gets old. I guess the intelligent women need to be on the hunt for the giggly men with their big, vacant peepers and muscles or whatever.

/mild rant

Seriously though, is there anything to this?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Lex Luthor Syndrome.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I'm soo not commenting on this.

I could get done over from both directions!!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I prefer intelligent women, but that's because I'm a dumb men.

Oh anyway to reply seriously to your questions. My problem with intelligent girls have always been that they want to study too much. This wouldn't be a key issue per se, but furthermore they want to study alone. Following, the fact that they never have time to go out with me. Of course, I don't see the point in being in a relationship with a girl that cannot actually date me because she is busy with intellectual matters. A balance has to be reached.

In some instances, I have been able to influence the girl towards a more sociable lifestyle. If this is achievable, harmony can be reached. Otherwise, I prefer an air-head I can actually talk to.

Luckily right now I'm with a girl that is both smart, and doesn't need to study too much. I don't think any men would prefer something better to something worse.

If you believe that IQ test statistics give a truthful representation of the distribution, we could also hypothesize that given that there are more genius-range men, and given that women are more equally spread along the axis, and given then that comparatively an "intelligent" men is likely to be more "intelligent" than a woman (but, on the other hand, there are more "intelligent" women overall than "intelligent" men overall, absolutely speaking), then most intelligent men will likely be in a relationship with a woman less intelligent than them (but, OTOH, most intelligent women will likely be in a relationship with men less intelligent than them!).

Another possibility: some air-heads actually have amazing brains that are showed only in private. Just as much as many smart girls have amazing sexual skills that are only showed in private, the opposite might also be true.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I prefer intelligent women, but that's because I'm a dumb men.
    Flirt

If you believe that IQ test statistics give a truthful representation of the distribution, we could also hypothesize that given that there are more genius-range men, and given that women are more equally spread along the axis, and given then that comparatively an "intelligent" men is likely to be more "intelligent" than a woman (but, on the other hand, there are more "intelligent" women overall than "intelligent" men overall, absolutely speaking), then most intelligent men will likely be in a relationship with a woman less intelligent than them (but, OTOH, most intelligent women will likely be in a relationship with men less intelligent than them!).
    A man has to have serious balls or a deep sense of denial to date a woman more intelligent than himself.

Another possibility: some air-heads actually have amazing brains that are showed only in private. Just as much as many smart girls have amazing sexual skills that are only showed in private, the opposite might also be true.
    Is there any aspect of sexuality that can benefit from intelligence, nuance, perception? There's actually some relationship between mental acuity and sensitivity of the nervous system. Is there any aspect of intelligence that can benefit from air-headedness? One of these things is not like the other...

Food for thought.
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

To break my previous statement and risk the rollocking later, I actually was attracted to my partner Lori in part because she is unbothered by existentialism versus empiricism or if quantum physics is absolute truth or just another way point.

I have friends and stuff with whom I can argue the meaning of life. I now have a fiancée who I can settle down with and who can discuss such stuff but she'd much rather chat about getting a cat or something.

Variety is the spice of life not sameness.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Another possibility: some air-heads actually have amazing brains that are showed only in private.
    Oh! Just like Miss South Carolina!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Are these air-heads physically attractive?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

A man has to have serious balls or a deep sense of denial to date a woman more intelligent than himself.
    Definitely. I woulnd't be able to do it. But given that as you say intelligent women actually know this, they might downplay their smarts up to the point of being likeable by the male of choice.

Is there any aspect of sexuality that can benefit from intelligence, nuance, perception? There's actually some relationship between mental acuity and sensitivity of the nervous system.
    The most intelligent girl I've dated was also the one that had the easiest time getting an orgasm from both sex and fingering. I didn't think there was a correlation, but now that you mention it, that might be it.

Is there any aspect of intelligence that can benefit from air-headedness?
    No, there isn't, but many air-headed women have a different, more freedom-oriented attitude towards life, whereas many - but not most - intelligent women have a more serious attitude. This might be one of the key differences that draw men towards them.

I understand you were trying to reverse the terms, but here there's a one-to-many correspondence.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Are these air-heads physically attractive?
    Of course. And they're just spaced-out enough to not see you coming, so you're good.

Definitely. I woulnd't be able to do it. But given that as you say intelligent women actually know this, they might downplay their smarts up to the point of being likeable by the male of choice.
    Very many of them do. It is still hard to pull it off consistently. It comes through with an accomplishment or something, then things become awkward. Sometimes the resulting ego stroking can almost take the form of an apology for being who you are. On the one hand it makes for a great filtering system.

I know the air-head holds appeal and there is some consolation when people are willing to admit it.
    (from Blue Velvet)