• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intelligent men and air-heads

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm guessing this means my chances of finding someone are limited. :doh:

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I appreciate intelligent women greatly. However, I am not particularly sexually attracted to them. I'd rather keep them as friends. I need to feel my mate is somewhat submissive and devoted to me to feel sexually attracted. Intelligent women never seem to "let go" as much and this is a turn-off.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And so the species spirals lovingly towards its predestined fate...

planet_of_the_apes.jpeg

:devil:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I appreciate intelligent women greatly. However, I am not particularly sexually attracted to them. I'd rather keep them as friends. I need to feel my mate is somewhat submissive and devoted to me to feel sexually attracted. Intelligent women never seem to "let go" as much and this is a turn-off.

I think devoted is something, submissive is something else. You can be devoted without being submissive, i think.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm guessing this means my chances of finding someone are limited. :doh:
Unless we happen to switch teams. :wubbie:

Actually Varelse, you could come over sometime and we could take turns trying on all my many neglices very slowly, sensually, tracing one another's feminine curves, admiring one another with the lights on and the shades open. Then we will close the shades and let them wonder what happens next and what it would be like if they were in the room. Of course we'll be playing Scrabble, but why the hell do they need to know that!? :alttongue:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And so the species spirals lovingly towards its predestined fate...:devil:

Sigh. Why does it always end up at monkey love?

(Expected response: "But the gorilla my dreams will go ape over monkey love!")\

Unless we happen to switch teams. :wubbie:

People have switch-hit for worse reasons.

Actually Varelse, you could come over sometime and we could take turns trying on all my many negligees very slowly, sensually, tracing one another's feminine curves, admiring one another with the lights on and the shades open. Then we will close the shades and let them wonder what happens next and what it would be like if they were in the room. Of course we'll be playing Scrabble, but why the hell do they need to know that!? :alttongue:

Playing Scrabble while wearing negligees? It sounds like an INxx's hot fantasy!

(and leave all the qwijybos outside.)

heart

heart on fire

Don't worry, you will eventually understand how to handle the thoroughbreds.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Don't worry, you will eventually understand how to handle the thoroughbreds.

What do you think about it? I think being devoted is mutual in a relationship, therefore intelligence is not relate to how devoted a person can be to the other party.

heart

heart on fire
What do you think about it? I think being devoted is mutual in a relationship, therefore intelligence is not relate to how devoted a person can be to the other party.

I am not a man with a man's tastes. How would I know?

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I am not a man with a man's tastes. How would I know?

Well, how about a woman's perspective? Can a man be both intelligent and devoted? Do you think women are different than men in this way?

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
It might be that a certain level of intelligence would increase the pool of women who'd be interested in a man. But I haven't really met men that I'd consider intelligent and devoted. :(

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
It might be that a certain level of intelligence would increase the pool of women who'd be interested in a man. But I haven't really met men that I'd consider intelligent and devoted. :(
We're all hopeless trogs.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP

Ouch :cry:

When it comes to intelligence, people do get along better when their mates/friends/etc are close to their level of intelligence. The farther from norm you go, the harder it is to find that mental bond.

(edit: So saying that you have a small pool to look for because we self-limit our connection based on where we are in the population distribution. )

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's good of you to point that out. Although Jim Carey didn't really prove himself as more until he started doing more serious, philosophical work. It was partly tongue in cheek. Also, if you notice, my style of presentation was somewhat zany - this was intentional. ;)

Heh, well if the original post was in jest, then it makes more sense. (I tend to need smilies to detect these things.) :)
Although, there is an aspect to giggling and saying incoherent things that suggests a woman to be an easy sexual target.

Well those things mean easy sexual target, because they also mean "drunk". :D BTW, what a man says he wants in a partner may not also be what he's looking for in a date. It depends on if he's looking for someone to settle down with or not.

BTW, this discussion reminds me of an article I just read. :)In dating, men go for good looks - Sexual Health - MSNBC.com

Gotta admit, yes? Also, there is intelligent zany and stupid zany. Maybe it's Ni that enjoys reconciling opposites and exploring the absurd, but that is different than using randomness to demonstrate a lack of thinking.
I think this is pretty much a matter of taste. What is "intelligent zany" to one person is "stupid zany" to another. ;)

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I think devoted is something, submissive is something else. You can be devoted without being submissive, i think.

Yes, that's true.

On a sidenote, I don't view being submissive as negative or less worthy than being dominant. In both cases, the parties are dependent on each other anyway, albeit in a different way. It's like two sides of a same coin.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I meant men who fit those qualifications IRL, sorry. :hug:

Elwin met the intelligent part, but not the devoted one. Most of the intelligent guys I've met that are in relationships seem to be stable, but the devotion I'm not sure about.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
There's also possibly a social influence part, although males may have personal preferences in intelligence terms, on the outside the idea is that scoring with a hot chick is the thing to do, not scoring with the highly skilled chemist (or business person, economist, etc.). These sorts of expectations probably seep into people's minds and have influence that way, or have more direct influence in terms of people feeling successful.