User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    infj

Toonia, Some INFJs function best being single, Mother Tersea, me , Beethoven (although it's possible he drank himself to death). Others have profound and deep relationships (Billy Crystal). I'm just saying you may be working yourself into a frenzy over something you're better off without, or at least able to be perfectly happy without.

Anyway things are probably better for intelligent women than they've been at any time in history or prehistory. Womans liberation is still very new. A very short time ago most men would have thought a woman on top in bed signaled the end of civilisation (sorry it's the only example I could think of) now many prefer it. The way things are going it wont be long before it's the same with women being on top intellectually or career-wise.(Especially if America leads by example with a female President who has an unemployed husband).

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I should clarify that i'm not available. I'm quite taken. I still enjoy the issue because i lived through many a stereotype being a smart cookie, and if you need to know, pretty darn cute.

No frenzy here, mostly playful jesting.

edit: i will add that even though things have improved for women, that doesn't mean all is as it should be. You mentioned Beethoven. Did you know that Mozart had a sister many considered equally talented? Or that Chopin's older sister showed more promise than he did musically? Or that some of Fanny Mendelssohn's music was published under Felix's name. Or that Liszt's daughter, Cosima Wagner, was berated by her husband Richard Wagner for attempting to be a professional composer? Well their voices were essentially lost to history, and their contributions could well have been as profound as their male counterparts. The dismissal of female intellect is not a source of strength to society. Going half-way implies that women are not intellectual equals, but justifies the belief by attempting to give them something.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    (Disclaimer: The following paragraph is associative in nature. I do not believe that what I write necessarily applies to you, toonia, or your peers.)

---

For all their intelligence, some intellectually successful women never seem to grasp that their physical femininity is a non-negligible part of their overall attractiveness and so they gain weight, eschew makeup, mangle their hair, overlook their body language, dress like one of the guys... These women should not jump to the conclusion that what is keeping them from becoming the object of men's desire is the force of their intellect. (I do understand where they are coming from - I thank my lucky stars that I learned this lesson early.)

---
    I agree and also I think introversion combined with a more scholarly bent, like scoring high on the Intellect part of those five factor tests, may make a woman seem to be uninterested in dating and romance or sex. Doesn't even have to be "intellectually sucessful" just give the image of being distant and aloof.

Maybe we could turn the table on this discussion a bit...
    Does it bother any of you intelligent men when women seem to go for the chiselled body man? Why do so many women lust after men with such well defined bodies?

I notice chisel bodied men probably more frequently, but for a LTR, I do prefer the slightly chubby, braniac...as long as he's taller than me.

As a female, I use biases to rule out certain male companions, just like men use biases to rule out certain female companions. I don't know, maybe it's just all natural selection...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I still stand by the fact that the two who would make each other happiest are always too few and too far between. It's like you're expecting all the smart guys to show up from all corners of the globe to grovel before you. Sorry, us smart guys know all you smart ladies aren't going to do that for us so we've learned to settle for "less". Once things stablize you will all understand.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    A man has to have serious balls or a deep sense of denial to date a woman more intelligent than himself.
    I'm in this position right now. I really like it. Maybe it's because I'm an NF. Maybe it's because I am very secure in my assessment of my own intelligence. Maybe it's because I'm not a very serious person. Maybe it's something else. I can't say for sure. I do know that I find most women dreadfully boring (and annoying). There's just nothing underneath so I get bored and toss them aside. I want intellectual challenges in my life.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by xtremegeek View Post
    I notice chisel bodied men probably more frequently, but for a LTR, I do prefer the slightly chubby, braniac...as long as he's taller than me.
    Heh. This made me laugh. I'd date an orange, slimey, smelly, fat monster. . . as long as he's taller than me. It's as if women can overcome every physical flaw a man has, except height.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Heh. This made me laugh. I'd date an orange, slimey, smelly, fat monster. . . as long as he's taller than me. It's as if women can overcome every physical flaw a man has, except height.
    It's a fact of life, though. Women can't accept a male that is even an inch shorter than them.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    It's a fact of life, though. Women can't accept a male that is even an inch shorter than them.
    So that's why my mother left my father...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by xtremegeek View Post
    Why would this be, if I may ask? You believe that there must unquestionably be a tradeoff between body composition and intellect/intelligence/smartness/mental quickness?