User Tag List

Thread: Creative Tension

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Junior Member Array

Default Creative tension = problem solving......?

This sounds like a common approach to design, that creativity is problem solving, the problem is like the tension. I also find this is by far the best approach as an artist, one can wait around for something interesting to pop into your head but the results arn't as frequent, interesting or consistent. Designers have to be more systematic about the creative process than artists so I think they generally have a better conscious understanding of it.

I reckon the saying "necessity is the mother of invention" is the same idea, except the exciting thing is you can decide what the "necessity" is.

I think it is great stuff but don't know if it would be interesting, useful, to all MB types.