• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Creative Tension

artie

MBTI Type
infj
Creative tension = problem solving......?

This sounds like a common approach to design, that creativity is problem solving, the problem is like the tension. I also find this is by far the best approach as an artist, one can wait around for something interesting to pop into your head but the results arn't as frequent, interesting or consistent. Designers have to be more systematic about the creative process than artists so I think they generally have a better conscious understanding of it.

I reckon the saying "necessity is the mother of invention" is the same idea, except the exciting thing is you can decide what the "necessity" is.

I think it is great stuff but don't know if it would be interesting, useful, to all MB types.