User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Victor, you are so sweet to want to look after me.

I've been through a lot worse situations than a few broken bones and I've also been wonderfully blessed with fabulous situations. All of these things define me and my lifestyle choices, definitely, and they are not hidden. But I've dealt with the anger a long time ago. I've let it go. The anger that was directed at them is now just pity and sadness for them. I used to see them as omnipotent, but now I just see them as horribly broken.

And you just equate jumping out of planes with broken bones because you don't want to join me. Nice try!! Hahaha...
    I did want to join you - after all you did invite me.

But this time I hoped the parachute would open and we would float gently to earth.

But something prompted me to suggest our parachutes wouldn't open. And here you are telling me that your parachute, your parent, didn't open when you needed them.

Also you told me that your mother told you to go sky-diving but it was your idea to wear a parachute. Implying that your mother told you to go sky-diving without a parachute.

It seems to me that there is a very big emotional component to your sky-diving.

And although I may never actually go sky-diving with you, I am emotionally sky-diving with you.

What do you think?

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I did want to join you - after all you did invite me.

But this time I hoped the parachute would open and we would float gently to earth.

But something prompted me to suggest our parachutes wouldn't open. And here you are telling me that your parachute, your parent, didn't open when you needed them.

It is quite a coincidence, don't you think?
    Not a coincidence at all.

The joke was that it was my mother's suggestion that I jump out of a plane and that the parachute was my idea. I have a parachute now. We'll be fine.

Not a coincidence at all.

The joke was that it was my mother's suggestion that I jump out of a plane and that the parachute was my idea. I have a parachute now. We'll be fine.
    Of course I was expressing my fear of jumping out of an aeroplane with you.

But I think I would like to be more explicit and say I am afraid of jumping in emotionally with you.

Particularly as you say we will be fine.

I am afraid of jumping in emotionally with you. And you keep on saying we will be fine.

So you are ignoring my fear now, so I wonder, will you ignore all my other feelings?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I don't understand subtext well, sorry if you felt I was ignoring.

In life, there are no comfortable risks.

I don't understand subtext well, sorry if you felt I was ignoring.

In life, there are no comfortable risks.
    There is no need to feel sorry.

I felt afraid and I told you. And I didn't feel heard.

This is very important.

Fear is a feeling like any other.

So if I think you are unable to listen to my fear, you may not be able to listen to any of my other feelings as well.

And if you can't listen to my feelings, it's quite likely you can't listen to your own feelings.

And so I worry you may not be able to look after yourself emotionally.

Of course you do present yourself as very capable, but this may well be a defence.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I am capable, that's not a defense. But you're probably right about me not listening to my own feelings. And you're right that I probably won't hear yours until explicitly told. So it is what it is.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    They are also the royalty of false promises with out any follow through. No one really interacts with a narcissist, only outside of them. I recommend against actively engaging these types of people.
    How did you last 6 years in a situation like that? When did you figure out that he had a problem?

I am capable, that's not a defense. But you're probably right about me not listening to my own feelings. And you're right that I probably won't hear yours until explicitly told. So it is what it is.
    I don't want to push you too far and I don't want to get into an argument with you.

But perhaps I could venture that most use MBTI because they are not in touch with their own feelings or the feelings of others.

So MBTI is a prosthesis for those out of touch.

And this is why I say the purpose of MBTI is to reify.

But jumping out of an aeroplane with you is such a big emotional experience, I thought I would tease it out with you.

I thought I would tease you out. I thought I would open the pandora's box that is you.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I don't see jumping out of an airplane to be a big emotional experience in a negative way, I just like the feeling of flying. You chose to use it as a metaphor for something else, and I ran with it, but it's not the same thing.

No one is arguing or pushing. I don't feel bad or pressured about this conversation at all. I just wanted to keep it short because I don't like derailing topics. I do this often, not just with you. I just want to be respectful to the OP. But you can start a new thread, or PM me if you wish to further discuss, ok? I am more than willing to discuss...

I don't see jumping out of an airplane to be a big emotional experience in a negative way, I just like the feeling of flying. You chose to use it as a metaphor for something else, and I ran with it, but it's not the same thing.

No one is arguing or pushing. I don't feel bad or pressured about this conversation at all. I just wanted to keep it short because I don't like derailing topics. I do this often, not just with you. I just want to be respectful to the OP. But you can start a new thread, or PM me if you wish to further discuss, ok? I am more than willing to discuss...
    It seems to be enough.