User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Extrovert: Hey introverted guy, you should go out and meet more people. You know you can be more outgoing, right?

Introvert: Sure, and you can stop going to parties, pick 5 or so core friends you spend the majority of your time with, and otherwise spend most of the time wrapped up in your own thoughts.

Extrovert: Why would I want to do that? Wanna go out drinking tonight?

/end conversation.

I do think some confusion comes from many extroverts who were SHY, overcame that shyness, and now project introverts as doing the same thing.

You cannot change who you really are? Who are you, really? You can let biology give you the answer, or you can be the biology and give your own answer. I am who I choose to be. Whether you're an introvert or extrovert is irrelevant when it comes to the big picture. It's what you do with it that matters.

How many of us are petrified of change? How many of us are petrified of growth because we think it is change? And how many of the greatest things that we've ever done were easy to do? How often does genuine growth and advancement come from staying inside our comfort zones? And more importantly, how often do we use other people's shortcomings as excuses to accept our own shortcomings, instead of actually working on them?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Could we please stop using wording that's directly coming out from mumbo jumbo astrology when it comes to I\E for once?
    Jus' 'cuz you don't understand what the terminology represents, doesn't mean it's mumbo-jumbo. Internal energy is a real thing that's replenished by eating, sleeping, and participating activities related to your I/E preference.

That said, I challenge any of you extraverts to spend three months living like an introvert. Live my lifestyle and tell me if it doesn't drive you batty and then tell me if you think you could change your preferences.

I will break you.
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Why would I want to do that? I like the introvert species. And I'm how I am. I guess you mean the people who think introverts should be fixed?

Fix yourself! Cause I said so!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Why would I want to do that? I like the introvert species. And I'm how I am. I guess you mean the people who think introverts should be fixed?
    Yes, that's what I'm getting at. Only the ones who believe they can change I/E preferences.
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't remember reading anywhere in this thread that introverts should be fixed and should start changing their preferences. I thought this was about changing preferences in either direction, and whether it was possible.

Its difficult to change either way and there is not often immediate need to do so. Whether it can happen or not is a different story.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmmmmmm.

Well I can choose to be more outgoing.
    But if I choose to be an extrovert, that means I choose not to recharge by spending time alone, and that equates to self-destructing for us (intro-awesome) people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    for us (intro-awesome) people.
    LOL. Elitist! And you must be talking about if you chose to act like an extrovert, not be one, because if you were actually being one, you wouldn't self-destruct.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I don't remember reading anywhere in this thread that introverts should be fixed and should start changing their preferences. I thought this was about changing preferences in either direction, and whether it was possible.

Its difficult to change either way and there is not often immediate need to do so. Whether it can happen or not is a different story.
    Okay, I read more into the OP than, perhaps, was written. And, I certainly wasn't taking anything in the thread personally. But, I challenge the sentiment that I/E preferences are a choice and they can be changed. It's frequently extraverts that hold this sentiment, too, it seems.

So, I thought I would challenge the extraverts who believe it's a choice into changing over to introversion for a significant period of time and see how that works for them. I'm sure it'll drive them crazy, just like forcing an introvert to be an extravert will drive the introvert crazy.
    INFJ
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    Okay, I read more into the OP than, perhaps, was written. And, I certainly wasn't taking anything in the thread personally. But, I challenge the sentiment that I/E preferences are a choice and they can be changed. It's frequently extraverts that hold this sentiment, too, it seems.

So, I thought I would challenge the extraverts who believe it's a choice into changing over to introversion for a significant period of time and see how that works for them. I'm sure it'll drive them crazy, just like forcing an introvert to be an extravert will drive the introvert crazy.
    But, is being driven crazy a bad thing? That's the question! My girlfriend drives me crazy sometimes, but I love her!