First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Maybe you are more middle ground than some other people so that seems normal to you. I'm extremely extroverted, it's not that I'm awesome socially, I just really need people. I have an extremely introverted friend (INFP) who likes to call extroverts vampires because we suck our energy from other people. Neither of us can change our basic build. On the other hand, I do know people who are more between the two.

My sister's husband is very middle ground E/I - I can see where he would think it could be manipulated. People who are middle ground with J/P might feel the same way about it that you feel about E/I.
    Agreed.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Snowey1210 View Post
    I disagree with this, yes I believe that E/I is subject to baseline biological starting point, however you can change how your body gains and regains energy over time. Any behaviour whether it be skiing, talking, memorisation, or self-concept can be developed through educative experiences. If for instance I practice memorising objects for long and hard enough, I will eventually develop a skill for doing this by the construction of new neural pathways in the brain. Extraversion/Introversion I believe is developed similarly. I may be born an introvert, but if however I choose to think in an extroverted manner for a great period of time I will eventually develop the capacity, and even inclination to consider it as part of who I am.
    Just because you can change how you act doesn't mean you will change your biology... Can you honestly change a part of your brain like that? I doubt it. I think if you were an I trying to become an E you would keep getting severely exhausted and nothing would happen. You can act any way that you want, but you can't change who you really are.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

It's definitely possible to change your brain intentionally. Whether or you not you could go that far with it is a good question.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Getting out of my shyness was a major goal for my in my 19's. I made it, enjoyed interaction a lot, and liked it immediately so much I'd miss it when I couldn't interact. Some year I was depressed was spent mostly alone, though it was mostly to avoid disappointment. I've learned to like solitude, too.

So, my choice was extroversion, and it worked. It needed an extensive self-training program.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    It's definitely possible to change your brain intentionally. Whether or you not you could go that far with it is a good question.
    This is all going on the fact that you'd *want* to be focused on extraversion. The goal could be balance, or you know, *gasp*, some people could actually *like* their introversion to the point that they don't feel the need to focus more on extraversion than introversion.

I'd venture to say that I choose to judge over perceive. I'd say I choose to value tangible things over intuition. I'd say I choose to look at things objectively and systematically rather than subjectively and in terms of feeling. Who's to say I can't change myself to be an ENFP 100% of the time?

Shyness and introversion are different things.

I think people can overcome their shyness, but I think it is very unlikely that they will change their preference on how they relax and recharge.

1) There is no external incentive to change.
    2) Relaxation is relaxation. Who would want to work to change how they relax? So there is no internal incentive change either.

BTW, I am both shy and an introvert. But I have my outspoken moments.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

I think that the first think you will need to do here is defining of E and I.

As far as I know the definitions that majority uses are not correct.

This are the real definitions as far as I know.

E- means that person is energised by other people on regular basis

I- means that person is not energised by other people on regular basis.

But introverted person can be around people as long as they see some purpose
    in doing that. They are not looking for energy in those cases. They are looking for knowledge or something similar.
    Other letters play a role in this as well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No choice involved. I'm an extreme introvert who desperately wanted to be an extravert for years and years, and I pushed myself to become one. I didn't become an extravert, I just became severely stressed out, paranoid, and exhausted.
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    E/I is biological...

You can't change how your body gains and regains energy.
    Yeah raz, that's called eating.

just sayin'

Could we please stop using wording that's directly coming out from mumbo jumbo astrology when it comes to I\E for once?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Yeah raz, that's called eating.

just sayin'

Could we please stop using wording that's directly coming out from mumbo jumbo astrology when it comes to I\E for once?
    Correct away, sir.