• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is YOUR point of living?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
The way I see it is like this...

Life came to play due to some millions-of-years-old comets bombarding the early Earth and planting the "seeds of life" -- some complex hydrocarbon molecules. Fast forward a few billion years, and presto! Here we are.

So what the hell is the point to any of this? Well, obviously, there is no objective point. But there is a subjective point. What is yours? How do you stay motivated to live this life?

I think we can all define our own purpose rather than being chained to an objective one (though some people give that up). That's the best thing about life, to me.

I keep going because I want to see how and if certain things are resolved, and whether I discover anything interesting about myself or the world around me.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Knowledge, pleasure, love... No particular order. :)
Chasing/dating/being in a relationship with beautiful, warm and intelligent women might end up on first place, though.

So what the hell is the point to any of this? Well, obviously, there is no objective point. But there is a subjective point. What is yours? How do you stay motivated to live this life?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The purpose, well its to be surround by positives, to feel loved and to gain to inspiration to achieve for others and myself a better quality of life.

The reason you feel and think the way you do is lack of personal and social structure that make you realise what it is you are wanting to exist for. This is certainly generated through positive family, friends, work and relationships. Of which are crucial components in determining your role towards what you wish to exist for.

When the opposite occurs a sense of disconnect happens, as social beings by nature to feel connected with others and secure in knowing what the purpose, identity you have established for yourself is, is based upon the relationships established which create a determination towards what it is you wish to achieve in life.

The spark remains thus, this may be the singular reason why loneliness kills in the young, middle aged or elderly. The purpose to know what direction or who to give your time to give as well as receive love. We are designed to be social by nature when that is lacking life is lacking.

What other reason does religion or spirituality serve than to fill a social need to feel secure, to fill the emptiness when lonely, to have a belief in something when there is nothing else. Its the same with much of life, to have a good foundation, a good social structure is necessary to experience being needed, whether the individual chooses to do this out of love or duty depends on background. Its the same with money, job satisfaction etc, its used for immediate necessities that are the relationships and social aspect as well as the security to build your interests. When there isn't anything like that money means very little.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
when everything means nothing, then nothing means everything.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All my life, I had to ask myself daily what the point was and never had an answer. Existential hell, that is what it was... and even being so steeped in spirituality and religion and having answers given to me for that question... nothing ever helped.

Finally I made changes in my life and now I get it.
Living a compromised life, you need external reasons because the internal ones don't exist.
I don't ask myself this question anymore.
Bottom line: I just want to live because I'm alive.

Even when things suck, there is still something pleasurable about being alive, something beautiful, and I just want to keep living.

... "don't need no stinkin' reasons" anymore.
Just wanna do it.
Life itself is the meaning.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hehe. Optimism is probably the main reason why nihilists should question their view of the world. If you ask me that is.

well, i didn't, and i'm optimistic that i made the right choice.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
My point of living?

Life to me is like an M16 riddling my heart, mind and soul with the unexpected.

Can't resist that.

Clover

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
That whole "living just because we're alive" sentiment never settled very well with me. Maybe it's because nobody ever explained it to me properly? Unless everyone is just being very literal... :huh:

The reason I don't off myself right now is because I am very curious about the universe and how it call came to be. I also love technology and I am sooo excited to see how much smaller and thinner and faster all the gadgets we have now will get. :)

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Because I don't like to leave before the end of the show?

People you love
Will turn their backs on you
You'll lose your hair
Your teeth
Your knife will fall out of its sheath
But you still don't like to leave before the end of the movie
People you hate will get their hooks into you
They'll pull you down
You'll frown
They'll tar you and drag you through town
No you still don't like to leave before the end of the show
People you hate will get their hooks into you
They'll pull you down
You'll frown
They'll tar you and drag you through town
No you still don't like to leave before the end of the show

Cake - "End of the Movie" from Pressure Cheif

:D

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ouch.You're so cool and snarky and mean Digest.

i winked when i posted that. you just didn't see it.

you should be more optimistic!

Vildechaya

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I am here on this earth, so I may as well take a look around and explore.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I want to understand life. Why things do the way they do it. And to indulge in the simple pleasures.

To put my print on history and the future of mankind instead of just being a bystander living a meaningless life.
Unfortunately I share this same goal. My pessimissism tells me I will fail however.