User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 107

  1. #81
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    The way I see it is like this...

    Life came to play due to some millions-of-years-old comets bombarding the early Earth and planting the "seeds of life" -- some complex hydrocarbon molecules. Fast forward a few billion years, and presto! Here we are.

    So what the hell is the point to any of this? Well, obviously, there is no objective point. But there is a subjective point. What is yours? How do you stay motivated to live this life?
    I think we can all define our own purpose rather than being chained to an objective one (though some people give that up). That's the best thing about life, to me.

    I keep going because I want to see how and if certain things are resolved, and whether I discover anything interesting about myself or the world around me.

  2. #82
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Knowledge, pleasure, love... No particular order.
    Chasing/dating/being in a relationship with beautiful, warm and intelligent women might end up on first place, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post

    So what the hell is the point to any of this? Well, obviously, there is no objective point. But there is a subjective point. What is yours? How do you stay motivated to live this life?

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  3. #83
    Senior Member Synapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    3,403

    Default

    The purpose, well its to be surround by positives, to feel loved and to gain to inspiration to achieve for others and myself a better quality of life.

    The reason you feel and think the way you do is lack of personal and social structure that make you realise what it is you are wanting to exist for. This is certainly generated through positive family, friends, work and relationships. Of which are crucial components in determining your role towards what you wish to exist for.

    When the opposite occurs a sense of disconnect happens, as social beings by nature to feel connected with others and secure in knowing what the purpose, identity you have established for yourself is, is based upon the relationships established which create a determination towards what it is you wish to achieve in life.

    The spark remains thus, this may be the singular reason why loneliness kills in the young, middle aged or elderly. The purpose to know what direction or who to give your time to give as well as receive love. We are designed to be social by nature when that is lacking life is lacking.

    What other reason does religion or spirituality serve than to fill a social need to feel secure, to fill the emptiness when lonely, to have a belief in something when there is nothing else. Its the same with much of life, to have a good foundation, a good social structure is necessary to experience being needed, whether the individual chooses to do this out of love or duty depends on background. Its the same with money, job satisfaction etc, its used for immediate necessities that are the relationships and social aspect as well as the security to build your interests. When there isn't anything like that money means very little.

  4. #84
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    when everything means nothing, then nothing means everything.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  5. #85
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    All my life, I had to ask myself daily what the point was and never had an answer. Existential hell, that is what it was... and even being so steeped in spirituality and religion and having answers given to me for that question... nothing ever helped.

    Finally I made changes in my life and now I get it.
    Living a compromised life, you need external reasons because the internal ones don't exist.
    I don't ask myself this question anymore.
    Bottom line: I just want to live because I'm alive.

    Even when things suck, there is still something pleasurable about being alive, something beautiful, and I just want to keep living.

    ... "don't need no stinkin' reasons" anymore.
    Just wanna do it.
    Life itself is the meaning.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #86
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    when everything means nothing, then nothing means everything.
    Is that why so many NTPs are nihilists?

  7. #87
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Is that why so many NTPs are nihilists?
    i see what i said as optimism.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  8. #88
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i see what i said as optimism.
    Hehe. Optimism is probably the main reason why nihilists should question their view of the world. If you ask me that is.

  9. #89
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Hehe. Optimism is probably the main reason why nihilists should question their view of the world. If you ask me that is.
    well, i didn't, and i'm optimistic that i made the right choice.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  10. #90
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    well, i didn't, and i'm optimistic that i made the right choice.
    Ouch.You're so cool and snarky and mean Digest.

Similar Threads

  1. What is your point of growth?
    By Santosha in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-22-2012, 01:38 PM
  2. [Fe] What is your idea of a romantic gesture or evening?
    By Saslou in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 06:03 PM
  3. [NF] NFs: What Is Your Opinion of "What Not to Wear"?
    By kiddykat in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 06:42 PM
  4. What is the point of the 16-Types?
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-09-2008, 03:54 PM
  5. What is the point of the MBTI?
    By Dufresne in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 04:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO