User Tag List

12 Last

Default when functions fight (kwa-bam!!)

So as I have laerned about the functions I have noticed some combinations pari very poorly together.

For me for instance:

A dominant Fe and my secondary Fi don't always agree and can rub each other the wrong way (even though I very much value the ENFJs and ESFJs I am around as they can be awesome both personally and organizationally-just not as very close friends normally. I make them twitch.)

Another example is when I am stressed I start using tertairy Te to control things. If I am around ENTPs and they start using thier tertiary Fe, profound disgreements can occur as I attempt to control and dominate and they become emotive to get out from under my attempts at control. My very worst fights w my Best Freind ENTP have come from this area and before the functions I could never figure out why.

So question: Have you come across combinations of functions that seem to be harder for you to work than others? Do certain combinations inherently clash?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Seems like opposites would probably clash most. I remember being at a party once with a big group of pretty diverse types sitting around talking, and this INFP girl hadn't said a single word or made any attempt to communicate even once, but after she got up and left for a minute, the ESTJ girl among us made a point to say that "she seemed kind of bitchy."

I don't even know how to explain that functionally, but surely having someone's inferior function as your dominant (and vice versa) can cause some of the nastiest interpersonal friction.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Glycerine

My dominant Ni gets on the nerves of most of the SJs I know IRL and there is usually friction. My ESFJ dad (auxilliary Si) gets very impatient w/ me most of the time. He likes things to be A, B, then C while I go from A straight to G in like a minute. I usually get along with Fi, Te, and Ne users. It just sucks that I tend to clash with Si users.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

I tend to have trouble with Te dominants (ETJs) when their Te starts running roughshod over other people's feelings and opinions. An example is that I work with people with mental health issues, one person in particular is a wonderful, kind, and friendly young ESFP woman named Tara. I'm constantly getting ticked of by my ESTJ boss who dismisses her issues and complaints as "obviously attention-seeking behavior, it's in her file right here..." and I feel like screaming "quit treating her merely as a walking mental health problem and treat her like a HUMAN BEING you tyrannical, cold-hearted B*TCH!!!".
    Autistic INFP

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    I tend to have trouble with Te dominants (ETJs) when their Te starts running roughshod over other people's feelings and opinions. An example is that I work with people with mental health issues, one person in particular is a wonderful, kind, and friendly young ESFP woman named Tara. I'm constantly getting ticked of by my ESTJ boss who dismisses her issues and complaints as "obviously attention-seeking behavior, it's in her file right here..." and I feel like screaming "quit treating her merely as a walking mental health problem and treat her like a HUMAN BEING you tyrannical, cold-hearted B*TCH!!!".
    That's interesting. My boss is an ESTJ and I have to move to a very strong Ne-Te level to work with her. She moves to a strong Te-Ne level to work with me. We both have to step away from our "base" funtions to get anything accomplished. She is about 55, so i think twenty years ago I could not have worked for her as she would not have been able to do this.

She is crazy political, but does not bother me-ever. She leaves me alone and trusts my competency, doesn't question me, and lets me work, even though she doesn't "get" me at all.

She is the most manipulative political creature I have ever met in the five years I have been in the corporate world, but more clever than most ESTJs as well. If she would lose the politics she could be a very good VP level executive.

Is your boss actually allowed to comment on someone else's personnel file? I'd throw Te-Si right back at her ass and point out the inapproriateness of her actions from a regulatory/HR perspective. Also point of the medical basis of the problems and point towards discrimination based upon illnesses potentially.

Its awesome of you to stick up for her.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    I'd think the same as your boss. Weak people are annoying. Whether it's genetics, chemical imbalances, or harsh life experiences. Survival of the fittest. Period.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I'd think the same as your boss. Weak people are annoying. Whether it's genetics, chemical imbalances, or harsh life experiences. Survival of the fittest. Period.
    Wow. Do you annoy yourself? ...and how is survival of the fittest, relevant to that situation?

I also feel uncomfortable when strong (strong as in, untempered by the other functions) Te thinking is applied to people, it just doesn't seem right.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Well FU, too. :steam:
    Autistic INFP

The truly strong protect the weak, dickhead.

garbage

So, wait.. if you had that job in the mental health industry, you'd just call your patients weak, leave them to fend for themselves, and call it a day?

Man. Easiest job ever.