User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The purpose of MBTI jargon is to put the critical mind to sleep, so that we will uncritically accept whatever suggestions are made to us.

MBTI merely gives the illusion of control, when its purpose is to take control out of your hands.

MBTI works. And it works entirely as a cult.

I agree with you Victor that MBTI basically "murders" critical thought.
    I studied Jung at length, and frankly I think MBTI prostituted Jung for their own monetary gain.

It's not like you'd catch David Bohm creating--or believing-- MBTI.
    I think people tend to forget who created MBTI.

I know its popular, but its not at all considered relevant in psychology, said Jack Block,
    professor emeritus of psychology at the University of California-Berkeley.
    Its a great scam cooked up by one old lady and her daughter.

MBTI
    STP

I think where everyone gets messed up with MBTI is that they think that an action is from a single function. An action or thought is a summation of functions. Ne and Se all by its lonesome is nothing more than a sensor taking in data. What can a sensor do by itself? Nothing. But Take Ne with Si and throw a judging function in there and your just took in data, molded it and created an internal view or theory. Its elementary, we take in data that relates and rip it apart or we take in pieces and put it together. Thats the basis behind Ne-Si and Se-Ni. Ti and Fi decides on if we put it together by how we feel or by what we think. Te and Fe is nothing more than trying to logically help people think or logically help people feel. Yes you can logically help people feel, but you have to first understand how they feel.

A cult is a group of people, MBTI is a theory. Dont knock a theory because people use it incorrectly.

MBTI
    NICE

As soon as the reduction, the model, becomes the reality it should be natural to question why. When the map becomes a substitute for a long walk in the hills, it's time to throw away the map.

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    MBTI is nothing more than an abbreviation, an arbitrary label given to summarize a group of behaviors observed directly in an individual.
    What are you suggesting here, little gremlins slip into the homes of those who take the MBTI test and "directly observe" their behavior?

Once again, it's just a categorization system that provides a little bit of improved efficiency in attempting to observe the behaviors of others and predict future behaviors based upon them.
    Person#1 49%S 51%N
    Person#2 0%S 100%N

Both have a result of ENTJ.

These two people have no business being in the same group.
    There is nothing "efficient" about grossly miscategorizing people.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    The board is called Typology Central, not MBTI Central.
    An excellent point. The answer to which lies in the reason for the name change. A good psychologist would like to promulgate his ideas; a good businessman would prefer to suffocate any competition.

You are an astute kitty...

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    As soon as the reduction, the model, becomes the reality it should be natural to question why. When the map becomes a substitute for a long walk in the hills, it's time to throw away the map.
    If the purpose is a long walk in the hills then why would you use a map? Are you sure your using MBTI for the right goal?

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    If the purpose is a long walk in the hills then why would you use a map? Are you sure your using MBTI for the right goal?
    Precisely.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Why would you do this? What's the point? Is it to make me mad? If you are searching for that anger threshold you are getting close. Do you know loyalty is a two way street? You might not think so, but it is. It is lop-sided street but it's not one way. Do you also know you have done nothing but cause problems for me?

Maybe for whatever reason you think if you breach that threshold it will be the same as last time. Next time I will go work for the competition and the whole world will know why.

I'm not deleting this post. Somebody is getting some very bad advise, and I'm not talking about my e-mail. Have you noticed my messages have been getting increasingly colorful? Why might that be?

If I'm wrong then this post will not matter. But this needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by LostInNerSpace View Post
    Why would you do this? What's the point? Is it to make me mad? If you are searching for that anger threshold you are getting close. Do you know loyalty is a two way street? You might not think so, but it is. It is lop-sided street but it's not one way. Do you also know you have done nothing but cause problems for me?

WTF?
    Okay, this sounds like a woman scorned.
    The problem is, I have no idea who the hell she's talking to.
    Hey honey-- go have a martini and chill out.
    You are giving me a headache.

MBTI
    INTP

I will delete that last post to show I really don't want that. I don't like the competition. But I bet I could fix them, have fun doing it, and get paid a whole lot of money in the process.