• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

manipulation and MBTI knowledge

Jaguar

Since the only perspective you seem to consider to be of any value is of the immediate, concrete and factually specific nature, you will not find much use in a system which only describes general trends over time. MBTI attracts more Ns than Ss for a reason (not that this is a bad thing.)

That must be why I use technical analysis to predict future trends in the financial markets.
I only care about what's immediate. Yeah right, pal.
Caring only about the immediate, drives me insane.
Your batting average with me really sucks,
and getting worse by the minute.

Of course there are INFPs with well-developed Ts; that's not what MBTI measures. It measures preference in frequency of use, not strength of each individual characteristic.

No,
It ASSUMES a predetermined function order.
It ASSUMES frequency of use.

Singer-Loomis removed the restrictive assumptions MBTI implemented,
and actually let's a person see frequency of use,
as well as their own individual function order.
(Not the function order of someone else)

Why you keep going on like this, claiming to know MBTI,
when clearly you don't, is amusing.

It cuts the function bullshit

The reason you think functions are bullshit is it's too complex for you.
You need something simple, so you don't get confused.
And if you think the functions are "bullshit," you think Jung is bullshit.
Myers and Briggs ripped off Jung's functions.

I already understand why you think that

No, you want to keep thinking you understand.
That's the problem with you and those like you.
You'd make a dangerous juror.
Truth and justice would fly right out the window.

This is reminding me of another debate 2 people were having,
elsewhere on the board.
It was between an alleged, INTP and an ENTJ.
Needless to say, I was totally in sync with one viewpoint,
but not the other.
What you keep babbling on about is not an S thing, pal.
Yeah, I know, it will still fly over your head while you whistle dixie.

Here's a clue about my personality: I'd like this to have a resolution.
So since I know you will keep dragging this out, with no end in sight,
I'll close it out.

We disagree. B.F.D.
End of story.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Quote:
This is a valid criticism of the MBTI testing tool; you're right about that. It uses 70 questions to attempt to arrive at an average of overall preferences--most people actually *do* prefer Mom or Dad slightly more often than the other.

true
Taking this to it's logical conclusion: which one would you shoot in the head?

It's a Sophie's Choice question. Jaguar's point was obvious. Contorting the question is a red herring. Nice try.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Taking this to it's logical conclusion: which one would you shoot in the head?

It's a Sophie's Choice question. Jaguar's point was obvious. Contorting the question is a red herring. Nice try.

Well, actually I think his point was originally contorted. "Mom" and "Dad" are srsarchetypes, Mr. Cat. MBTI questions don't ask us to make such deep, intensely Freudian choices. "I like to organize things: yes or no" doesn't quite go with having to choose which of your parents to shoot in the head.

I admit that I do feel somewhat restricted by the yes or no questions, but not to the point of dismissing the entire system. Most people do have slight preferences for one or the other, even if they're fairly balanced in each trait.

MBTI is interesting. However, I'm not going to say that I'm religiously going to base my life on it. Some people would, but then again some people also believe that god hates fags dead, and I identify with neither group.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
bunch of garbage

Well, it's wonderful to know that I've had the privilege of interacting with such a brilliant mind.

My only regret is that you've done nothing to prove it.

Keep lapping up your own bullshit, champ.