User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

My signature says it all.
    EQ is a consolation prize for people with low IQ.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think eq is a viable if immeasurable concept. the idea being that to be in touch with your emotions is to be aware of another center of intelligence that can help you make decisions, weigh things out, and know what you want.

in terms of MB i find feeling to be the subjective relationships we use that include ourselves on the map, that we are part of, that affect us and somewhat define us (resisting) our desires and shaping our self-image.

when thinking about emotional responses in light of this, it gets tricky. but the idea that we can use this information and the slight like kinesthetic proprioceptive changes that give us a sense of these relationships can tell us things that, if we just suppress them, we will be missing out on. adding your own social relationships, ideals, desires, images etc to the equation when you engage judgment.

of course, on tests it comes out very Fe or Fi and that is not really relevant for much of the population. Fe types will be better at recognizing contextual and situational clues if their Fe is good. Fi will be better at understanding the way things feel internally, the way they linger, taste, finish, etc and fit in an overall like category fo significance to the self.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I got 109 (73 percentile, slightly below average).

I feel strange about this, because I am used to being seen as extremely sensitive, both to others and myself.

At the risk of sounding like a sour grape, I will say that I agree the test seems biased towards both certain extrovert types as well as those who agree with whomever wrote the test.

Some of the answers are certainly left open to interpretation. I'm not going to take this test too seriously.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    I

Wow, I thought I did better than this...

Subscale IQ score = 73
    Subscale percentile = 4

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. Itís hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

Snapshot Report
    Self-report Component
    Subscale IQ score = 117
    Subscale percentile = 87

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is average. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is acceptable but could still use some improvement. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. Itís easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

I know everything but I don't use it. I am too fearful.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Snapshot Report
    Self-report Component
    Subscale IQ score = 105
    Subscale percentile = 63

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is slightly below average. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is just barely acceptable. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. Itís easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a solid ability to offer advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

I'm an enfj and I didn't do well... wth? I think this test is stupid. It told me I was slightly below average then talked about how I have an easy time dealing with people. I wish I could post the graph. It had 105 to the left of 100. I think they're just trying to sell us the official test or something. In hopes that the official one would be more nuanced to show that we have enough emotional processing capability to be considered human. Oh well. Waste of 10 minutes.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    But how do you know, since you haven't had a chance to test that theory?

And can you really qualify someone as emotionally healthy because s/he cries whenever the urge strikes? What if that urge happens frequently? I have a friend who cries constantly and I would hardly call him emotionally healthy.
    It's only measuring one thing. Whether you hold it back or not. You don't hold it back. Done deal. That's the same as choosing irrelevant, in your case. I agree about your friend, but this is only one question measuring one thing. They can't all be perfect!

But I don't really care, because honestly, I thought those exact things when I read the question. I could argue just to argue, but I'll stop now.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Emotional Intelligence Test

Snapshot Report
    Self-report Component
    Subscale IQ score = 146
    Subscale percentile = 99.91

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is excellent. People who score like you do feel that they have almost no trouble understanding and dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are able to control their moods. Itís easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; this is likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice.

For what its worth, I don't think the test is a good instrument. Their scales are a little screwy.

Plus, look at the bottom of the IQ profile- "empathetic" is not even a word. Like fingernails on a chalkboard. Empathic is proper.

MBTI
    INTP

Oh good lord. I've had an epiphany. This site has made me realize what I am. All my life I knew there was something different about me, something special that the other children didn't have. I was an "indigo child" all along and never knew it. How many other indigo children are out there, lost and confused in the urban wilderness? How will I ever repay you for this wonderful gift. Don't you douche bags have anything better to do?