User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

88. Isn't that enough for mental retardation on the IQ scale?

I'm emotionally retarded. Heheh.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Subscale IQ score = 125
    Subscale percentile = 96
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    That being said, I got a really low score. It was due to stupid statements like:

I will do whatever I can to keep myself from crying.

What's wrong with that question? How did you answer it?
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I took the test honestly and got 109 or something. But I was thinking -- I knew how to answer the questions in a "more emotionally intelligent" way. Shouldn't your score be indicative of what you understand about emotions as opposed to linked to something behavioral?

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

Self-report Component
    Subscale IQ score = 115
    Subscale percentile = 84
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

I took it last year and got 100 and thought the score was a joke.

Good to know they don't always give 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    What's wrong with that question? How did you answer it?
    The assumption is that crying is something that is we either indulge in or retreat from - but there was no "not applicable".

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

The assumption is that crying is something that is we either indulge in or retreat from - but there was no "not applicable".
    Hmmm, I interpreted that question to mean, "in the case that you feel like crying, do you try hard to hold them back?" If that's what the question means, what other possibilities are there besides either letting the tears flow (indulging) or fighting to hold them back (retreating)?

I suppose you could have interpreted the question to mean, "do you spend a lot of time fighting to hold back your tears?" In that case, the question is about whether or not you feel like crying very often (but hold back the tears). I thought about interpreting it that way, but then decided that it made less sense than the aforementioned interpretation because it doesn't really measure anything. It wouldn't be measuring whether you repress or express your emotions, because people who do either less frequently will both answer negatively to the question. It also doesn't really measure how often a person feels like crying, because those who feel like crying often who don't stifle the tears will answer negatively.

That's why I decided that they must be trying to isolate whether you express or repress emotions with the question, so I should answer how I would in the case that I felt like crying.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I took the test honestly and got 109 or something. But I was thinking -- I knew how to answer the questions in a "more emotionally intelligent" way. Shouldn't your score be indicative of what you understand about emotions as opposed to linked to something behavioral?
    That's what I was thinking. I didn't read the instructions so I took the test based on what I thought made the most sense. What I actually understand... I thought whether or not I applied my knowledge was the less important port.

That's why my score was so high. 125. If I answered based on what I actually do, not what I understand to make the most sense, I'm sure I would have had a lot more of an average score. It didn't seem like a "What would I do" test. Based on the questions, it seemed like it was just getting at what I understand - my intelligence about the subject. When something says "What's the most effective outcome?", it's hard for me to not take that literally.

I probably won't take the test again, though.
    If you don't try to stop yourself from crying, you don't try to stop yourself from crying. That has nothing to do with whether you are actually prone to crying or not.

I chose the, "I don't hold back" option, which is the probably the most emotionally healthy answer. I don't cry, ever, but if I was about to, I wouldn't try to hold it back, and I think that's the point.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    If you don't try to stop yourself from crying, you don't try to stop yourself from crying. That has nothing to do with whether you are actually prone to crying or not.

I chose the, "I don't hold back" option, which is the probably the most emotionally healthy answer. I don't cry, ever, but if I was about to, I wouldn't try to hold it back, and I think that's the point.
    Wow, you said that so much more succinctly than I did.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness