User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    No. I got to the 20th question or so. They are too situational and I can already see the pattern in which the points are given and highly disagree with the way they distribute points.
    I had the same issue with the test, but I just ignored the logical thought process that told me what sort of results each answer would yield, and just went by how I'd actually feel or act. I think the entire concept of EQ and any method of testing it can be highly skewed, but I also think there are some valuable little indicators of how developed you are emotionally.

I was interested to see if IT's consistently get scores on the low end, though I figured most would be predictably reluctant to take a test centered around emotions and empathy. I was interested to see if a universal scale of emotional development can be applied to ITs (which I think is the case), and if they would be better off with different forms of testing for EQ (which i think may also be true).

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Nah, you are more restrained than me.

But of course it is all relative.

And so I do defer to you in the matter of emotional intelligence.

It's interesting - I defer to Wildcat in matters of morality and you in matters of emotional intelligence.

I think that I do some things differently when I am typing, rather than talking. It just makes me think things through a little more. I am definitely a "heart on the sleeve" type, though. A lot of my high scoring probably has to do with the fact that I am very open, I like to talk and to listen, and I can get along with different types of people. My self-control and decision-making could use some work, though.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I had the same issue with the test, but I just ignored the logical thought process that told me what sort of results each answer would yield, and just went by how I'd actually feel or act. I think the entire concept of EQ and any method of testing it can be highly skewed, but I also think there are some valuable little indicators of how developed you are emotionally.

I was interested to see if IT's consistently get scores on the low end, though I figured most would be predictably reluctant to take a test centered around emotions and empathy. I was interested to see if a universal scale of emotional development can be applied to ITs (which I think is the case), and if they would be better off with different forms of testing for EQ (which i think may also be true).
    Well, I am most certain that test would put me on the low end scores, but as far as the concept EQ goes I am also most certain I exist in the high end scores.

Ie. most of the questions are clearly giving points to one direction, but I would fit more in the entirely other direction, without being less emotionally intelligent.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    My self-control and decision-making could use some work, though.
    You see, you see, you see - how restrained you are!

And see how you under-estimate yourself.

And you see how I esteem your emotional intelligence.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Well, I am most certain that test would put me on the low end scores, but as far as the concept EQ goes I am also most certain I exist in the high end scores.

Ie. most of the questions are clearly giving points to one direction, but I would fit more in the entirely other direction, without being less emotionally intelligent.
    Or maybe you're just not as emotionally intelligent as you think . Not saying that as an attack on you, but rather saying that from a psychological standpoint, people always have a more favorable/positive view of themselves that may not reflect reality. But we may all be more emotionally intelligent than any test may indicate.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm pretty certain if I can see through the entire process of the question and understand it. And even see the patterns of the question and understand what answers yield the most EQ points, that I don't lack 'emotional intelligence'.

I just have an entirely different view of the value of emotional intelligence than this test does. The test seems more for non NT's, spontanious people that operate on pure feeling and emotion. But as an NT, you would say that that is irrational and bold. And as far as emotional intelligence goes, understanding the situation is better then acting on it based on feeling.

Or is the entire point of this test to test how much people rely on feeling? I wouldn't call it emotional intelligence then, but rather emotionality. In which case I am happy to be on the low end. :P

Considering that emotional intelligence is broken into several different aspects.

- Intrapersonal skills
    - Interpersonal skills
    - Effectiveness in business settings.

I'd say that my intrapersonal skills are well above the average person, and I believe that's true for many feelers on this website. I'd even argue that there are plenty of NTs with high intrapersonal skills here (Fluffy being one of them), considering this is a personality based website. Psychology in general will increase awareness within an individual.

Interpersonal skills is a different matter which can be high or low depending on the individual. There are many factors that determine high or low interpersonal skills some which are completely unrelated for example. High empathy would increase this value, but that doesn't mean that a person can connect to other in the "Fe" sense.

Then there's the whole... effectiveness and capability dealing with emotions. For some reason I get this odd impression that someone who doesn't understand their emotions much, but if able to continue working hard by pushing themselves can end up scoring a high value. This is where I got a low score. It's obvious to me that my low score of 90 is a result of this section rather than intrapersonal/interpersonal understanding.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Those EQ tests seem biased towards extraversion. I'm pretty sure I have a low EQ. I'm taking one of the tests now. We'll see.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'm pretty certain if I can see through the entire process of the question and understand it. And even see the patterns of the question and understand what answers yield the most EQ points, that I don't lack 'emotional intelligence'.

I just have an entirely different view of the value of emotional intelligence than this test does. The test seems more for non NT's, spontanious people that operate on pure feeling and emotion. But as an NT, you would say that that is irrational and bold. And as far as emotional intelligence goes, understanding the situation is better then acting on it based on feeling.

Or is the entire point of this test to test how much people rely on feeling? I wouldn't call it emotional intelligence then, but rather emotionality. In which case I am happy to be on the low end. :P

Since when do non-NT's "operate on pure feeling and emotion?"
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Please excuse me, should have said. Much moreso then NT's in comparison.