User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 107

  1. #11
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    I think I have a pretty high EQ but it's not a skill that comes naturally to me but rather something I built up over the years.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I think I have a pretty high EQ but it's not a skill that comes naturally to me but rather something I built up over the years.
    Take the test and see. I'm interested how the INTPs here compare.

  3. #13
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    I scored a 120, which is apparently 91st percentile. That is nice to read. I know I was probably not as good at reading the emotions on the faces without the context added by the later questions, but I am pretty good at determining the course of action in a given situation when emotions are running high. High IQ/high EQ FTW!
    You have always struck me as being rather restrained, Mercury.

    And I admit, at times, a little too restrained for my taste.

    But it only goes to prove you are more emotionally intelligent than I.

  4. #14
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Well, i don't agree with most of the questions.

    For example:

    I feel like I worry about things that other people don't even think about.

    Ofcourse I do, I'm an INTP and KNOW my mind is thinking things no one else would, but that in itself doesn't worry me. Does the test take that into account when I strike Most of the Time?


    Or for example:

    I feel uneasy in situations where I am expected to display affection.

    I assume I only have to display affection to close friends? In which case I won't feel uneasy. But if you expect me to display affection to a stranger, then yes, very uneasy. But to me, I should not be expected to display affection then.

    in other words, I think INTP's have an entirely different view on EQ and can not be tested in this manner.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  5. #15
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    You have always struck me as being rather restrained, Mercury.

    And I admit, at times, a little too restrained for my taste.

    But it only goes to prove you are more emotionally intelligent than I.

    That's interesting. "Restrained" would be one of the LAST things I'd be called by people IRL. "Crazy," "erratic," "hilarious," "loudmouth," etc. usually.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  6. #16
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    Wow, EQ is really evil isn't it?
    I do not want to be restrained :steam:
    Yep, you got it.

    Yes, we are told to express our emotions, we are told to develop our full potential and we are told to maximise our self esteem.

    So, in such a world, emotional intelligence is evil, isn't it?

  7. #17
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Well my IQ is very high, so it balances out with the lower EQ .

    Wouldn't a high IQ and a high EQ be MORE balanced? My IQ is more higher than the mean than my EQ is, anyway, but that is fine. Both are useful, but neither is an end-all, be-all.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Well, i don't agree with most of the questions.

    For example:

    I feel like I worry about things that other people don't even think about.

    Ofcourse I do, I'm an INTP and KNOW my mind is thinking things no one else would, but that in itself doesn't worry me. Does the test take that into account when I strike Most of the Time?


    Or for example:

    I feel uneasy in situations where I am expected to display affection.

    I assume I only have to display affection to close friends? In which case I won't feel uneasy. But if you expect me to display affection to a stranger, then yes, very uneasy. But to me, I should not be expected to display affection then.

    in other words, I think INTP's have an entirely different view on EQ and can not be tested in this manner.
    Well did you at least finish the test?

  9. #19
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That's interesting. "Restrained" would be one of the LAST things I'd be called by people IRL. "Crazy," "erratic," "hilarious," "loudmouth," etc. usually.
    Nah, you are more restrained than me.

    But of course it is all relative.

    And so I do defer to you in the matter of emotional intelligence.

    It's interesting - I defer to Wildcat in matters of morality and you in matters of emotional intelligence.

  10. #20
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Well did you at least finish the test?
    No. I got to the 20th question or so. They are too situational and I can already see the pattern in which the points are given and highly disagree with the way they distribute points.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Similar Threads

  1. Emotional Intelligence?
    By Cellmold in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 03:02 PM
  2. The type with the most Emotional Intelligence
    By Lily flower in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 02:17 PM
  3. Emotional maturity & emotional intelligence - do you want them, or not?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 03:52 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 08:41 PM
  5. Emotional Intelligence Test
    By ThatGirl in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO