User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 107

  1. #91
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Now that I've read this thread I see it's not so bad. But I will never trust anything here after the crap you tried to pull. I will always looks suspiciously at anything you do so you might as well give up now.

  2. #92
    The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Snapshot Report
    Self-report Component
    Subscale IQ score = 138
    Subscale percentile = 99

    According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is excellent. People who score like you do feel that they have almost no trouble understanding and dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are able to control their moods. Itís easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; this is likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice.




    Wow. I must be a real genius!!!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -


    SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

    Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

  3. #93
    Senior Member LostInNerSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,027

    Default

    Since you like to waste so much time, go back and read everything I've written. There is only one thing I ever claimed to be. Look at the context and ask if was reasonable. Anything else you invented all by yourselves.

  4. #94
    Ruler of the Stars Asterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,334

    Default

    EQ = 103, 58th percentile.
    I seriously thought that the test was to pick on aspies, I thought I'd get some unfathomable score. You'd think that people on the internet would probably have lower scores than those not on the web. I can't see why so many people had issues with the questions, you don't know how they're going to grade them, or what they are grading them on. But really... who cares? it's just a quiz, chill! CHILL! @ Little Linguist (6 or 7 pages back), we all have eyes, and we can all use them, regardless of our lack of Se.
    5 3 9

  5. #95
    The Architect Alwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Are there any serious EQ or SQ (Social Quotient) tests available? Like academic/scientific ones?

  6. #96
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Are there any serious EQ or SQ (Social Quotient) tests available? Like academic/scientific ones?
    Unlikely in an online scenario; the test variables are often too dynamic to adequately summarize in a multiple-choice evaluation.

    A serious, emprical framework would likely involve real time response models.

  7. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Are there any serious EQ or SQ (Social Quotient) tests available? Like academic/scientific ones?
    As Night said, there aren't any online "good" ones, ie statistically proven valid/reliable, standardized.

    The more "official" emotional intelligence scales are: EQ-i, EQ-360, and MSCEIT. A person who desires to take one of these scales should seek out a psychologist. Not all psychologists are able to give the tests, either. One must "buy into" giving such a test, meaning taking expensive courses in order to certify and even obtain the test to give in the first place. One might expect to pay around $500 or more for such an assessment. Not very practical.

    The good news is that the stereotype of high iq = low eq stereotype is just a myth. Such ppl are very, very rare. I would expect this to mean the test taken in this thread is not valid in the least, as many individuals received scores much lower than is likely.

    For example, yes, 70 and below is considered literally "mental retardation." It is extremely unlikely for so many to take the test to get such low scores, bc to post on the forum most individuals would have an iq of at least 100. That's a guess, but honestly, folks, individuals with IQ's 90 and below would struggle to spend their free time engaging in discussion about personality type in an online forum. Trust me. I have worked with this population quite closely.

    RARITY. If most users of the forum have iqs of at least 100, and I would venture to say the majority here is higher than in the general pop, at least 110 (which is VERY likely, given the fact that is not even one standard deviation from the mean) then for the majority of those who took the test to score so lowly? Impossible, if the test were truly valid. Even for individuals who believe or feel their EQ is lower than their IQ for whatever reason, the likelihood that their EQ is lower than IQ more than, say, 10 pts would be VERY VERY RARE. Extremely. Like so rare that it would take severe brain damage, basically, or being locked in a closet for 5 years during childhood while being tutored (and what is the likelihood of that?) in order for IQ to not lag behind too much.

    From my experience, those who feel uncomfortable in social situations do merely bc they feel uncomfortable in social situations. Such a "feeling" does NOT indicate low EQ. What does this mean? Such individuals would benefit greatly from socializing more instead of avoiding social contact, or, from just hanging out and doing what you are already doing if it makes you happy. It doesn't really matter. What matters is what it takes to maintain your self-respect, sanity, and self-esteem.

    For those that would like to strengthen confidence in their social/emotional intelligence, consider practicing the following, which are scales of one of the intelligence test I mentioned in the beginning of this post.

    5 Domains of Social Intelligence
    1. Knowing one's emotions. Self-awareness, recognizing a feeling when it happens.
    2. Managing Emotions. The ability of handling emotions so they are appropriate.
    3. Motivating oneself. Marshalling emotions in the service of a goal.
    4. Recognizing emotions in others. Empathy, social awareness.
    5. Handling Relationships. Skill in managing emotions in others.

    Or, if you prefer,
    4 Domains of Social Intelligence
    1. Self-Awareness (Emotional Self-Awareness, Accurate Self-Assessment and Self Confidence)
    2. Self-Management (Emotional Self-Control, Transparency (Trustworthiness), Adaptability, Achievement Orientation, Initiative, Optimism, Conscientiousness)
    3. Social Awareness (Empathy, Organizational Awareness, Service Orientation)
    4. Leadership Management (Inspirational Leadership, Influence, Developing Others, Change Catalyst, Conflict Management, Building Bonds, Teamwork and Collaboration, Communication)

    Oh, and one more thing. The developers of these tests adhere to the belief that these abilities are NOT innate, but learned.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    INFP
    Posts
    963

    Default

    I got a 90.

  9. #99
    The Architect Alwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    As Night said, there aren't any online "good" ones, ie statistically proven valid/reliable, standardized.

    The more "official" emotional intelligence scales are: EQ-i, EQ-360, and MSCEIT. A person who desires to take one of these scales should seek out a psychologist. Not all psychologists are able to give the tests, either. One must "buy into" giving such a test, meaning taking expensive courses in order to certify and even obtain the test to give in the first place. One might expect to pay around $500 or more for such an assessment. Not very practical.

    The good news is that the stereotype of high iq = low eq stereotype is just a myth. Such ppl are very, very rare. I would expect this to mean the test taken in this thread is not valid in the least, as many individuals received scores much lower than is likely.

    For example, yes, 70 and below is considered literally "mental retardation." It is extremely unlikely for so many to take the test to get such low scores, bc to post on the forum most individuals would have an iq of at least 100. That's a guess, but honestly, folks, individuals with IQ's 90 and below would struggle to spend their free time engaging in discussion about personality type in an online forum. Trust me. I have worked with this population quite closely.

    RARITY. If most users of the forum have iqs of at least 100, and I would venture to say the majority here is higher than in the general pop, at least 110 (which is VERY likely, given the fact that is not even one standard deviation from the mean) then for the majority of those who took the test to score so lowly? Impossible, if the test were truly valid. Even for individuals who believe or feel their EQ is lower than their IQ for whatever reason, the likelihood that their EQ is lower than IQ more than, say, 10 pts would be VERY VERY RARE. Extremely. Like so rare that it would take severe brain damage, basically, or being locked in a closet for 5 years during childhood while being tutored (and what is the likelihood of that?) in order for IQ to not lag behind too much.

    From my experience, those who feel uncomfortable in social situations do merely bc they feel uncomfortable in social situations. Such a "feeling" does NOT indicate low EQ. What does this mean? Such individuals would benefit greatly from socializing more instead of avoiding social contact, or, from just hanging out and doing what you are already doing if it makes you happy. It doesn't really matter. What matters is what it takes to maintain your self-respect, sanity, and self-esteem.

    For those that would like to strengthen confidence in their social/emotional intelligence, consider practicing the following, which are scales of one of the intelligence test I mentioned in the beginning of this post.

    5 Domains of Social Intelligence
    1. Knowing one's emotions. Self-awareness, recognizing a feeling when it happens.
    2. Managing Emotions. The ability of handling emotions so they are appropriate.
    3. Motivating oneself. Marshalling emotions in the service of a goal.
    4. Recognizing emotions in others. Empathy, social awareness.
    5. Handling Relationships. Skill in managing emotions in others.

    Or, if you prefer,
    4 Domains of Social Intelligence
    1. Self-Awareness (Emotional Self-Awareness, Accurate Self-Assessment and Self Confidence)
    2. Self-Management (Emotional Self-Control, Transparency (Trustworthiness), Adaptability, Achievement Orientation, Initiative, Optimism, Conscientiousness)
    3. Social Awareness (Empathy, Organizational Awareness, Service Orientation)
    4. Leadership Management (Inspirational Leadership, Influence, Developing Others, Change Catalyst, Conflict Management, Building Bonds, Teamwork and Collaboration, Communication)

    Oh, and one more thing. The developers of these tests adhere to the belief that these abilities are NOT innate, but learned.
    Thank you for citing a few tests, that is exactly what I was looking for.

    Why wouldn't the developers acknowledge a genetic component? Is the research still pretty new?

  10. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Thank you for citing a few tests, that is exactly what I was looking for.

    Why wouldn't the developers acknowledge a genetic component? Is the research still pretty new?
    No problem! I love this stuff.

    Yes, measuring emotional intelligence is still in the bloodletting phase. The concept of IQ has been around for much longer. Always the nature vs. nurture debate, right? Emotional intelligence is thought to be more dependent on environment than IQ- but that could be argued, bc theoretically emotional intelligence's "glass ceiling" is largely determined by the potential of IQ "range".

    Does temperament have any bearing on emotional intelligence? Does temperament have a genetic component?

    Regardless, I wanted to highlight the "not innate...but learned..." portion to help undo some of the damage done by the pressure to behave a certain way or be more like a certain type. We forget that although the U.S. is predominantly extroverted (75% depending on which stats you refer to, but there is undoubtedly pressure to be extroverted) Japan is predominantly introverted. In other societies being extroverted is seen as loud, rude, obnoxious, self-centered...(well actually it is at times, isn't it?) and highly discouraged in individuals.

    I have yet to find stats on N/S world wide, however, but I would LOVE to find that info...

Similar Threads

  1. Emotional Intelligence?
    By Cellmold in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 03:02 PM
  2. The type with the most Emotional Intelligence
    By Lily flower in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 02:17 PM
  3. Emotional maturity & emotional intelligence - do you want them, or not?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 03:52 AM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 08:41 PM
  5. Emotional Intelligence Test
    By ThatGirl in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 11-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO