User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you observant?

Default Are you observant?

When you are walking down the street, or in bus, or somewhere... do you stare around and constantly observe surroundings and people? Or do you rather be in your mind and don't look around so much?

Basically, would you say that you are noticeable by your vigorous watching around?

I wonder if NPs have this thing... As far as I know majority do have, but I'd like to hear your suggestions.

Artisan Conquerer Array Halla74's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    When you are walking down the street, or in bus, or somewhere... do you stare around and constantly observe surroundings and people? Or do you rather be in your mind and don't look around so much?

Basically, would you say that you are noticeable by your vigorous watching around?

I wonder if NPs have this thing... As far as I know majority do have, but I'd like to hear your suggestions.
    I am very aware of my surroundings and pick up on the communication (both verbal and non-verbal) of those I interact with the to the degree I know if they are truthful, lying, nervous, afraid, etc. I almost have ESP. Actually, I have ESTP.

Self sustaining supernova Array Zoom's Avatar
    Enneagram
    9w8

I tend to notice details more than most I know - especially if they are beautiful to me. I examine people, also - I had to learn that staring is impolite when I was younger, simply because I like looking at things.

However, if I am in a thoughtful trance (of sorts)... half-asleep and whatnot, such as daydreaming on public transit (which I do not take any more), time and people fly by and all I notice is the sky.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Maybe I'm an atypical NP, and in fact I'm sure I am, but this is definitely not me. My surroundings always seem like a vague, dreamlike blur, and while my eyes are often darting around, they're not really taking anything in. It's just a reflection of my inner thoughts, which are always darting around.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Yes very much so, I don't miss much, for a while I thought everyone was like this.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post

I walk in a dreamworld. I am so unaware most days of what is around me. Even when I try to focus in on specific details I have realized I really pick up potential patterns, not the details. I often dont even see the people really, more just people blobs.

One day-perhaps it was hormones, I was at wal-mart standing in line and suddenly I noticed everything around me in explicit detail. It was..horrific on some level. Everything was so ugly. passed quickly thank god.

My ISTP ex husband was profoundly attentive to details, to the point where he was overwhelmed by them. He wanted a white painted room with black carpet, black furniture and minimal objects.

(I have endless piles of crap everywhere)

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Definatly on my part.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I do observe but not always pay attention. Like my peripheral vision might be picking up a seriously "WTF" moment but I might just not care enough to actual take a good look.

As far as places with lots of people are concerned...I do hate it when people stare at others. And today I was kinda stuck in traffic...1 km ahead there was an accident obstructing one of the two lanes...if people weren't so stupid as to stare as they drove past it there would be no traffic to begin with...

But yeah, for all my N-ness, I'm pretty much aware of my surroundings at all times. Obviously there are some times when I'm in full "head in the clouds" mode and thus oblivious to everything.

I am Sofa King!!! Array kendoiwan's Avatar
    MBTI
    IsTP

Quite. Except when I don't care. In which case I can be as tarded as the N'est of them.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Sniffles

It can go either way for me. Often I'm very observant of people and things around me, but at the same time I can often be preoccupied with my own thoughts.

I can recount the one incident when I was waiting for some friends to see a movie, and I literally walked right past them without noticing. They had to shout out to me before I snapped out of my deep thinking.