User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Also, I hyper-focus on the environment when I'm out. I'll notice all kinds of little things that others don't pick up on, but I won't notice big events or what's going on at public happenings. For some reason, the crow chasing the squirrel in that bush over there, or that SUV driver cursing at the cyclist are more interesting to me than the display or the speaker that everyone else is watching.
    Yeah same. I plug into whatever appealing storyline I see as I go along, and sometimes get tripped up or get a feeling of vertigo for a second as I quickly re-assess my ignored surroundings.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

You could pick me up and set me down in a different city, mid-stride, and it would take me a few minutes to realize there was something amiss.

If I'm completely alone in an alien environment, though, I do switch into a certain hyper-awareness, just to make sense of my environment.

MBTI
    INxJ

I can be if I need to.

Most of the time, I'm not even close. It bores me. I'd rather pay attention to my thoughts. I've almost been run over by automobiles on a few occasions, because I wasn't paying attention when jogging and the people were speeding.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    When you are walking down the street, or in bus, or somewhere... do you stare around and constantly observe surroundings and people? Or do you rather be in your mind and don't look around so much?

Basically, would you say that you are noticeable by your vigorous watching around?

I wonder if NPs have this thing... As far as I know majority do have, but I'd like to hear your suggestions.
    Yes, ever since I was a child. Now, when I'm older, I tend to observe less and instead, daydream about some of my fantasies.

I think I'm not noticeable when I observe others and my surroundings because I only move my eyes slightly and I wear eyeglasses, which reflect light.
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

MBTI
    INTP

I really struggle to notice details around me. Even if I'm concentrating hard and somebody's pointed something out to me, I can still be unable to see it. I'm capable of sometimes noticing that friends or colleagues have a new haircut, so I'm not a total lost cause. *hopeful*

If anything's been lying around for more than a day or two, it tends to become invisible to me. Used to drive my ex nuts at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Physical details? Not so much.
    But people, if I don't have other things to do I occasionally just start observing and figuring them out. It's fascinating the things you can observe from both a psychological and sociological perspective.
    If I don't have to run the actual meeting, I love doing that in meetings. Watching the undercurrents, working out what various games people are playing, who is playing at multiple levels, who is naive and being too open etc. Fascinating. I'm not good at reading body language or even noticing it (unless I'm concentrating hard), but I'm pretty good at picking up the unsaid politics.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INFJ

I.....albeit at times I usually tend to sway into my dreamland whenever alone. In bus, in car, during the break, when nature calls, before sleep... Anything when alone. So I'm not a really good observant, albeit sometimes I can be one if needed.

But agreed on observing people. It's fun to notice something unusual and its implication and context. Or bringing imagination into play and creating my own context. I can't say I'm adept at it but noticing them was fun already. Not even counting understanding, exposing, and utilizing them!

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm one of those people who will notice that a particular flower in the lawn across the street looks like it's made of rolled wax paper but not notice I'm about to run into a tree.

*shrug*
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ISTP

I notice everything. Especially body language of people and anything out of the ordinary. It's entirely automatic, and it often scares people when they realize how observant I am. Basically, any change in the environment that could be of concern to me, or any behavior that is not normal/good from people, I pick up unconsciously without even knowing it, and react. It's saved me many times (for example, the one car that wasn't slowing down at the red light, while I was doing 70mph and I instinctively adjusted my speed/course to just miss them as they blew through the light across my path.)
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INTP

Yes. People tend not to notice me, which allows me to play the silent observer. I've found I learn a lot more about people from afar as opposed to face-to-face.

On the other hand, I'll spend twenty minutes looking for the dog's dish sitting on the counter in front of me or I won't see that fire hydrant I'm about to tumble over.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

It depends if I have something more interesting to think about, or not. Usually I do.
    INtP...RCUEI primary I...5w4...INTp... ILI...The Artist Formerly Known As Car!ssa