User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 41

  1. #1
    loopy Ulaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    crak
    Enneagram
    sax
    Socionics
    adhd
    Posts
    850

    Default Increasing Intelligence

    you all can go into huge debate over what intelligence is but first and really all i want to know right now is: what methods are effective... if any are.

    i taking ginkgo biblioa pills for a while and the only difference i noticed was that i started sleeping less. ginkgo is supposed to thin the blood or increase the size of arteries or something like that, so more oxygen could get to your brain. i used to also take omega 3 pills. there may have been a difference when i ran out of them...
    i dont want placebos, sure it'd be great to feel smart but i want the real thing.
    how about meditation?
    how about reading? i read but eventually the page starts to swim and i get disoriented... no i dont need glasses. i havent got the attention span to do anything more but skim things anyway. (note to self: practise more focus, it will complement intelligence)
    one of the reasons i started playing the keyboard was ebcause i read that it helped bridge the right and left brain which would then aid my mathematical thoughts.

    factors (that i can think of) that can override intellectual performance: oxygen supply, mood, energy, sugar levels?

    is it (mostly) true that the higher one scores on an iq test (without practise) the more neurons they have in their brain? is it more oxygen? is it brain chemicals? is it the overall map of their neurons that makes the difference?

    how about just raising your general level of focus?

    what about genetics? im majorly pissed that i didnt inherit my dads freaky iq (no he cant do mental arithmetic, i dotn get whats with that, those poepel have no imagination). will my possibel future children get it? does it depend on the iq of the father? does it depend on very little and more like a roll of the dice?

    yep, whatever...

  2. #2
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    i don't think you can increase your intelligence per se. but even if you could, the definition of intelligence is broad and accounts for many things. however, with the research i'm doing now, it shows there might be a way of altering things such as (intuitive) intelligence or personality on children. chances are it would at any time most likely be limited how much you can change.

    i will most likely post a topic about this in the near future about my research, whenever i feel i have more time.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  3. #3
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    So is this what an INTP obsesses about on a daily basis?

  4. #4
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Practice critical thinking. But a real INTP would be doing this already.

  5. #5
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Why do you want to be more intelligent? The more intelligent you are, the more stupid people there are in the world. Stupid people are annoying.
    This is why intelligent people are miserable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #6
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Why do you want to be more intelligent? The more intelligent you are, the more stupid people there are in the world. Stupid people are annoying.
    This is why intelligent people are miserable.
    *extracts blue's frontal lobe*

  7. #7
    Temporal Mechanic. Lexicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Why do you want to be more intelligent? The more intelligent you are, the more stupid people there are in the world. Stupid people are annoying.
    This is why intelligent people are miserable.
    Agreed.. stupid people are annoying..
    But.. I think intelligent people can avoid unhappiness quite easily.. provided that they don't allow the stupidity of the masses effect them too deeply..

    Otherwise i could see them totally losing faith in humanity.
    Moving to a remote cabin in Montana.
    And pretty much becoming Mr. Theodore Kaczynski.
    ...Or moving to Chinatown and becoming a Cat Lady.

    But really.. I think some people are intelligent enough to realize life's just too.. well.. awesome.. to allow the stupidity of mankind to mar it. That said, I'd love to increase my capacity to absorb/retain/apply knowledge.. though I'm not sure how realistic that is. Maintaining overall physical health, & exercising use of problem solving skills/engaging the imagination regularly would prove beneficial, either way.

    Personally, I believe coffee helps too.
    Then again, I believe it solves all my problems.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!



    04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

    02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

    03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

  8. #8
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Why do you want to be more intelligent? The more intelligent you are, the more stupid people there are in the world. Stupid people are annoying.
    This is why intelligent people are miserable.
    You have a point!

    Just improve your memory. That will probably be close enough.

  9. #9
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Agreed.. stupid people are annoying..
    But.. I think intelligent people can avoid unhappiness quite easily.. provided that they don't allow the stupidity of the masses effect them too deeply..

    Otherwise i could see them totally losing faith in humanity.
    Moving to a remote cabin in Montana.
    And pretty much becoming Mr. Theodore Kaczynski.
    ...Or moving to Chinatown and becoming a Cat Lady.

    But really.. I think some people are intelligent enough to realize life's just too.. well.. awesome.. to allow the stupidity of mankind to mar it.
    Nice theory. Update us when you become intelligent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    you all can go into huge debate over what intelligence is but first and really all i want to know right now is: what methods are effective... if any are.

    i taking ginkgo biblioa pills for a while and the only difference i noticed was that i started sleeping less. ginkgo is supposed to thin the blood or increase the size of arteries or something like that, so more oxygen could get to your brain. i used to also take omega 3 pills. there may have been a difference when i ran out of them...
    i dont want placebos, sure it'd be great to feel smart but i want the real thing.
    You take pills in hopes of increasing intelligence?

    One of the simplest thing is to play mind chess - either with yourself, and/or, others around you. Streeeetch an idea.

Similar Threads

  1. [SP] Sensor Intelligence
    By labyrinthine in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 03:19 AM
  2. The Evolution of Human Cognition, Artificial Intelligence, Supervenience
    By ferunandesu in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 09:46 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-08-2009, 02:22 AM
  4. Ken Miller on Intelligent Design
    By darlets in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 05:13 PM
  5. Supposed "intelligence" quotient
    By Mycroft in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 07:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO