User Tag List

First 1234 Last

read but eventually the page starts to swim and i get disoriented... no i dont need glasses. i havent got the attention span to do anything more but skim things anyway.
    i know this kind of shit. its amazing how a different live-style can contribute to or take away from spiritual constitution.

living 4 weeks with nice people, doing gymnastics in the morning, doing some therapeutic trance work twice a week, being in nature, trying to find myself - doubled tripled my ability to read and focus/comprehend.

4 weeks of sitting alone at home with the noisy computer, being annoyed by other Internet users, hunting down random useless bits of information - took it away again.

for me it seems, that as a feeling type, i should not live like a cliche enneagram 'five', as much as i like to do that. i can be intp, too *g* but not the best example of intp.

i believe in omega 3, but don't takes substitutes. i just eat fish sometimes ...
    also, sugar and phenylalanin and caffeine are evil.

started playing the keyboard
    in case anyone cares ... the trance work i mentioned, its called taketina. or T.A.K.E.T.I.N.A its like playing piano, except it really works right away and does not involve a piano

the down side is, that you are not likely to do that alone. it's a group thing.

TaKeTiNa Rhythm Process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    TaKeTiNa

not the best demonstration, i think :

YouTube - What is TaKeTiNa?

this one is way better:

YouTube - Taketina with Shasta and Brian

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I've been IQ 160 most my life, dropped to 145 after my burnout, once did an iq test of only 108 or so, then returned to 145.. now I'm working my way up to 160 again.

Care about your life, concentrate (if it works for you), be free (if it works for you), see things in a wider perspective, including what medical treatment, exercise etc works for you. Don't hesitate to do what's good for you. Don't seek for comfort, ease or anything of the kind; seek comfort from doing, thinking, experience or anything.. anything, ANYTHING but just "not thinking about it" or "just being". Idleness screws you over. Not caring screws you over.

Entering in the mode of "just being", "just existing" is deadly for your IQ.

Pardon my low-IQ writing style, I haven't found a strong enough connection between writing well when drunk and getting the necessary satisfaction. Hence, my writing style varies. Hope I've been of some help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I've been IQ 160 most my life, dropped to 145 after my burnout, once did an iq test of only 108 or so, then returned to 145.. now I'm working my way up to 160 again.

Care about your life, concentrate (if it works for you), be free (if it works for you), see things in a wider perspective, including what medical treatment, exercise etc works for you. Don't hesitate to do what's good for you. Don't seek for comfort, ease or anything of the kind; seek comfort from doing, thinking, experience or anything.. anything, ANYTHING but just "not thinking about it" or "just being". Idleness screws you over. Not caring screws you over.

Pardon my low-IQ writing style, I haven't found a strong enough connection between writing well when drunk and getting the necessary satisfaction. Hence, my writing style varies. Hope I've been of some help.
    you seem very biased towards NJ. i don't think you can imagine how NP works, especially what you say about idleness or "just being".
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    You take pills in hopes of increasing intelligence?

One of the simplest thing is to play mind chess - either with yourself, and/or, others around you. Streeeetch an idea.
    good point.

These are some ways to increase intelligence:
    read
    write down your thoughts
    think about the future
    think about everythinhg
    play chess
    never talk to sensors

the last point is extremely important.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Nice theory. Update us when you become intelligent.
    Thanks, but I'd thought it was fairly obvious I wasn't asserting any sort of refined theory here; simply a lighthearted, general opinion, and a more or less awkward stab at some humor.

I'm also assuming your initial response to the OP denoted a touch of cynical humor. Pardon if I'd misinterpreted.
    In all seriousness.. I actually did find that to be a thought-provoking remark on your part.

I'm not entirely sure your basic generalization, "more intelligent people tend to be miserable," holds any actual validty, though it'd make for an interesting thread here in of itself. A survey of opinions from the general public, more or less. Researching any stats offered in scholarly journals of qualitative social sciences, etc., to find possible correlations between IQ scores & emotional functionality seems like an objective enough approach to supplement it.. I'm sure it's been done before, and the information's out there somewhere.

I know a decent amount of intellectually gifted people IRL. Most seem to maintain a balanced perspective, tolerate stress well, and tend to find a fair degree of humor in aspects of life that may, conversely, serve to depress people with poorly developed coping skills.
    I s'pose that begs the whole Nature vs Nurture question.. and how much of our capacity to learn is limited by unhealthy upbringings, or if/how & how much/little IQ impacts/plays a role in the development of overall emotional resiliency in a person (or vice-versa)...
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    you seem very biased towards NJ. i don't think you can imagine how NP works, especially what you say about idleness or "just being".
    Do you have suggestions for improving my NP-like intelligence? I'm in a kind of a creative rut right now. Or so I feel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^Nah, I was just being a bitch.

It's just a personal observation, which seems to hold true anecdotally. I haven't done any research on it.

But the OP hasn't explained why she feels the need to be more intelligent - what purpose would it serve? Does she think it will make her happier? Unlikely.

I don't think any extremes are healthy. People who put themselves under too much pressure to excel in any narrow area of life tend to lose focus and miss the bigger picture. They are often driven by fear and a nagging sense of impending failure which no amount of achievement will allay. They are looking for answers without understanding the question.

Intelligence is a tool, not an end in itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

I completely agree but at the same time, I feel much happier than when I was being both intelligent and intellectual.

There's not much intelligence needed to be happy though. Somehow, happiness neglects intelligence but I can't connect it. I'm sorry.

Do you have suggestions for improving my NP-like intelligence? I'm in a kind of a creative rut right now. Or so I feel.
    Make a mistake.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

If I'd increase my intelligence, I wouldn't be able to understand myself anymore.

(Yes, a terribly flawed joke, hah, joke's on me. )
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf