First 345

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    If, "Everybody has their own subjective truth. One's truth is no worse than the other pesons truth", then science would be impossible. And even communication would be impossible.
    I don't see science as the ultimate truth. I see that what we think we know today (=among the science) is something tied to this time, this knowledge etc. It can be that we are wrong and people who live 300 years from now see how wrong our "science" was.

That is what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    I think what AR and I may see is that we have a very hard time not experiencing both at the same time. Being able to seperate the two things is hard for us, wheareas for other types this may not be true- for jeno for instance.
    I agree with you. It's almost impossible to separate those two for me.

My thought-based on a highly statistical n=2 of me and AR-is maybe this a consequence of the order of the functions. Ne-Fi vs others, say Fi-Ne???

So maybe Ne is like a giant funnel for information, vacuum sized vortex sucking in everything arouund it and dumping all that crap down to Fi. At that point it is very difficult to segregate what goes in what pile-the red socks in the red pile, the black socks in the black pile, empathy in the I see your pain pile, and sympathy in the I feel your pain pile. Maybe for us, the Ne dominant perception of another's pain, automatically gets reflected and becomes our own pain-we dont get to take a breather between those two steps perhaps and segregate quite the way the rest of you guys do?
    Yes, that could be it. I like the way you wrote: "I feel you pain pile". It's just that.

I can block it and funnel everything straight on down to Te for judging and then I don't feel sympthy and only a weak version of empathy, but I am left feeling hollow and empty if I do that too long. I forget how to feel if I live in that space too much.
    I have some learning to with my Te.

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I don't see science as the ultimate truth. I see that what we think we know today (=among the science) is something tied to this time, this knowledge etc. It can be that we are wrong and people who live 300 years from now see how wrong our "science" was.
    And how right your are.

Why even today we see a European Physics and a Chinese Physics; we see French Genetics and Russian Genetics; and indeed in open minded Universities today they teach male Physics and female Physics.

So it is only common sense that there is today's Physics and tomorrow's Physics.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post

Methinks you are confusing current scientific consensus with science itself. Science is about creating ideas and trying to falsify them. Scientific Truth is provisional, never absolute. What is settled consensus now will be considered merely a falsified approximation of a better theory 300 years from now.
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And how right your are.

Why even today we see a European Physics and a Chinese Physics; we see French Genetics and Russian Genetics; and indeed in open minded Universities today they teach male Physics and female Physics.

So it is only common sense that there is today's Physics and tomorrow's Physics.
    What kind of Postmodernist nonsense is "Female Physics"?
    Autistic INFP

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    What kind of Postmodernist nonsense is "Female Physics"?
    "Nonsense? Nonsense?", no, it's called progress.

We started off with, "Gentelmen", and "Ladies".

And we progressed to, "Female", and "Male".

But progress did not stop here, oh no, we we then majestically progressed to, "Unixex".

But Physics, as you know, is a patriarchal male dominated science, that makes a fetish of logic.

And Physics is so anti-women and so conservative, it is counter-intuitive.

It is so counter-intuitive that only a counter-intuitive man could think of General Relativity or Quantum Mechanics.

I mean just look at the bald facts - not only are most Physicists bald but they are almost all men - women are systematically excluded.

Physics is plainly a conspiracy against women. And progress demanded that Physics become Inclusive.

And I admit we were heavily influenced by the Astronomers who made Astronomy friendly to women by introducing Astrology to the curriculum.

So we felt we could do no less and followed suit and introduced, "Female Physics", to our curriculum.

MBTI
    XNXP

Since we've covered this before, you might find some useful info in this "old" thread.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...empathy-3.html
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Since we've covered this before, you might find some useful info in this "old" thread.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...empathy-3.html
    Good, these threads can probably be merged then.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

My question would be, Why does it matter?
    If you think or feel that a situation needs a remedy, do Something... Anything about it . If not, save the tears.
    INtP...RCUEI primary I...5w4...INTp... ILI...The Artist Formerly Known As Car!ssa