First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post

It still has NOTHING to do with how I feel, though... A leopard can't change its spots.
    And a Halla can't change his T.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I'm referring to this.
    I know, but I think you are taking the oiginal information too litteraly.
    That is why I said "black and white" part .

I am sorry if I sound like a smartass

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

[QUOTE=jenocyde;632036]1. How can your counselor be trying to tell you something for months? Why doesn't he just say it?? Seems incredible ineffective as a professional. (sorry, just my honest opinion) -/quote]

Agreed, that has not been the only topic though, I guess he's hit on it here and there. I too would have preferred a more direct means of dleivery.

[QUOTE=jenocyde;632036]2. I could never complete a bs assignment like that. I feel happy or I feel sad. That's about the extent of surface emotions - I feel shit MUCH later, once I've had a chance to think about it.

HELLO! We're on the same planet! The assignment recommended seems hokey to me too, glad I'm not alone! :

However, I could learn from NOT acting on impulse. If someone is crying, my first instinct is to interrogate.
    We might have been separated at birth...

If I take a deep breath and step back and assess, I realize that I should hug first. I learned how to connect to people by stepping back and asking:
    "what is it that would make this person feel better?"
    "what does this person need me to do right now?"
    if I think about acting the way I want to and I know we'll argue about it later: "what would this person say is the root of the argument?", then I would try to avoid that argument by providing what it is that I think they need.
    That's alot of work, isn't it?! :doh"

It still has NOTHING to do with how I feel, though... A leopard can't change its spots.
    Apparently not, so why I am being told to analyze my coat?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

And a Halla can't change his T.
    Haaa! Need the laugh today, thanks!

Nope, I can't change my T, but apparently I need to develop more F according to some.

Maybe I just need to get F'd more often?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Well, according to some, but.....
    what i'm trying to get at, (without articulating very well) is,

Do YOU want to develop a feeling side?
    And if so, what would be the benefit? (Besides doing fluffy exercises in a nice office and maybe not saying funny things any more for fear of not being sensitive or politically correct.)

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    That's alot of work, isn't it?! :doh"
    The way I see it is that it's a lot less work to figure out how someone else feels, then it is to identify my own emotions. Because once I start to try to identify my emotions, I pull myself out of actually feeling them, then it all becomes fake. And then I question if I'm really feeling that, or if I just think I'm supposed to feel that. It's a never ending cycle. It's easier to just hug the damn person in the first place.

and yes, getting F'd more would help me get in touch, hahahaha...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Good for you, you are better at staying on track than me, even in my own thread.

Do YOU want to develop a feeling side?
    Yes, so long as it does not interfere with my thinking side, which I am very fond of.

And if so, what would be the benefit? (Besides doing fluffy exercises in a nice office and maybe not saying funny things any more for fear of not being sensitive or politically correct.)
    Recently I have tried to make a few big personal decisions. i have done more research on the topics than any ever could, as I take my life seriously, and will make decision of large magnitude without considering all consequences. I hold myself accountable for my decisions and thus must be OK with them to the Nth degree, where N increases with the relative importance of the decision.

When all the analysis was done, and all the numbers crunched, and scenarios considered, I realized that I had not considered my feelings in all this, not significantly anyway. And at that time, I tried to apply them to the body of work that I had put together, as the final missing ingredient to make it all clear and allow me to choose my path and proceed forward, but there was nothing to apply. So, I'm either devoid of summoning my emotions for purposes of decision making when needed, or I am emtoionally drained and paralyzed to use them in this capacity at this time.

Does that make any sense?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

The way I see it is that it's a lot less work to figure out how someone else feels, then it is to identify my own emotions. Because once I start to try to identify my emotions, I pull myself out of actually feeling them, then it all becomes fake. And then I question if I'm really feeling that, or if I just think I'm supposed to feel that. It's a never ending cycle. It's easier to just hug the damn person in the first place.

and yes, getting F'd more would help me get in touch, hahahaha...
    You might have hit a big nail right on the head. WOW. Especially with "It's easier to just hug the damn person in the first place."

This is kind of freaking me out a little bit; I'm pretty sure I've been in a spot like this before:

Because once I start to try to identify my emotions, I pull myself out of actually feeling them, then it all becomes fake.

Bottom line is though, if I KNOW how I feel about something, and am asked to describe it, I can blurt it out with exacting detail, in speech or writing. It's the whole figuring out how I feel about something that has become the real thorn in my side.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

lol - good thing we love Feel-O-Tards here at Typology Central.

Just do your best to develop your inner awareness - I'm the feeler-y of the Feelers, and I *still* had to reach hard for my emotional truth. Programming is difficult to break.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    lol - good thing we love Feel-O-Tards here at Typology Central.

Just do your best to develop your inner awareness - I'm the feeler-y of the Feelers, and I *still* had to reach hard for my emotional truth. Programming is difficult to break.
    I'm trying Pinky! I want to be a good boy!