User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default Ever Been Called "Crazy"?

Yesterday, while chatting with one ESxP roommate through AIM, I was asked how I am "dealing with all that crazy." At first I thought she was joking, so I asked her to clarify. She didn't, or couldn't, she just repeated herself, "You know ... the crazy."

I asked her how she figured I was "crazy." Now, please keep in mind that she and her boy, who is my other roommate, are both ESxP. They're always out and about, always going to parties, big socializers, etc. I'm also pretty sure that he doesn't believe there's such a thing as introversion and extraversion. He seems to think that everybody "normal" behaves the way he does, and if you don't behave the way he does, you're broken or crazy.

These are the same roommates who, when I suggested that dying your hair in the sink could clog the sink, said, "You have a weird idea of the way science works."

Anyway, I asked how they thought I was crazy. She brought up an incident as an example. There is a dog next door who yaps and yaps and yaps in the morning, and my bedroom window faces that side of the building. When it wakes me, naturally, I'm pretty pissed. I've ranted about giving the dog Ex-Lax or training one of the cats to attack and kill the dog. Apparently they thought I was serious. Training the cats to ... they thought I was serious!!

I also stay home on the weekend, never want to go to parties, prefer to be alone, and all the regular stuff that goes with introversion. That's why I'm crazy.

Perhaps it's needless to say that this was the catalyst to start looking for a new place to live. This situation is going to end by the beginning of Autumn, and I'll run screaming from the building like my ass is on fire.
    INFJ
    4w5

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Dude, imagine the fun you can potentially have with them.

>.>
    <.<
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

umm yeah but i assume they're all joking.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

INFJ's can seem pretty "touchy" sometimes to Ss if the Ss are not very interested in understanding anyone/thing outside their point of view. This "touchiness" can lead them to think that person is really "crazy." This has happened to lots of INFJ girls I've known, but recently it happened to this INFJ guy friend of my bf and me. Basically, living at this party house with his group of friends from high school got to be too much for him, and he couldn't take it anymore. He abruptly moved out one day. Now those SP/SJ 22 year-old guys he was living with call him weird/crazy. He's interesting, thoughtful, a great writer, fun, sweet, clever, and he can sometime beat me at British Gin. An all around great person. He's not crazy...

I wouldn't take much stock in what those ESXPs say to you about "craziness"... they don't know the good/amazing that is/can be INFJ!

P.S. SJ's have called ME crazy. ME! Jeez...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    umm yeah but i assume they're all joking.
    I assumed she was joking at first, but when she started listing examples ... examples that she had to hear second-hand from him ... it became apparent that they probably actually believe it to some extent. I not so much offended as annoyed.
    INFJ
    4w5

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've been called crazy by many people. But almost never in a bad way.

Only once or twice. But only by hypochondriacal maniacs.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ISFJ

You're INFJ man. No worries. Comes with the territory I bet.

And yes, I've been called crazy. In a "he didn't just do what I thought he did, did he?" sense.

MBTI
    INFP

No, I think only once, but I was actually being crazy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

These replies rock.

Perhaps I am being a bit sensitive. I don't mind being called weird or eccentric -- because by society's definition, I am. But, crazy? That's a whole different league. The knowledge of their beliefs about me will hang on the back of my mind every time I talk to them, now. *sigh*
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Eh, after being friends with people a while, especially in living situations, I noticed that people feel more comfortable pointing out faults. Its just natural. Not nice to call someone crazy, and I don't think they meant it that way, but that was just a word they used to sum up some quirks. It happens in roomate situations all the time, I think. Don't let them get to you unless it really starts to be rude, and then feel free to stand up for yourself!!