• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ever Been Called "Crazy"?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If I don't get called it at least once a day, or some other equivalent, I start to worry that I'm losing my touch.

Whether they mean it in a good way or a bad way, I still take it as encouragement - I'd just about give up the ghost if people started referring to me as "normal" or "ordinary" :D

That could actually be funny. A group of people sort of huddled together, a mishmash of oddness, whispering and pointing as passerbys, "Look at her!" "She's so ordinary." "I know!" "A cryin' shame..."

But yeah. I've been called crazy before. Usually in a loving way that implies I should never be anything but.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Weird, crazy, insane, ect... and they all love me for it. I like to point out the absurdity in things, or even create absurdity, and naturally that throws some people off. I also make a lot of jokes because I like finding the humour in things, and different people percieve the results as either hilarious or weird or both. Do they actually think I'm insane, or are they joking? Who can say, and it doesn't seem relevent even. And I think that when I sit down and talk seriously I tend to suprise people in that I actually think very clearly, reflectively, intelligently, and sensibly about things that really matter to me. Perhaps the disparity between my silliness and humour and my more reflective side makes me seem even more crazy.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
I'd be more concerned if someone hadn't been.

sculpting

Everyone that I am around for awhile says "Of course, you are crazy, but that's just you!" or that I am crazy in a hysterically, funny good way.

I often call myself crazy though as I can also get to see my own dark insides that the rest of them don't see.

Snow Turtle

Hm... don't think I've ever been called crazy before. Weird gets thrown around alot though.

whimsical

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
ive been called weird but never crazy well maybe once or twice

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To the OP,
Yes, I've been called crazy, nuckin' futs, mad, "Off beat", "unstable"<---long story, and really unjustified....you get the idea though.
I really don't care, so long as, I'm not called boring. And seriously, if they believe that crap about ya 1.)They'er not too bright are they? 2.)Doesn't that make them crazy?
Just to be really perverse, I'd ham up the crazy. Really, if you haven't got a least one crazy flatmate story when going through university, you haven't really experienced living in an authentic student flat.

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I have been called crazy, but only by people I love enough to show my crazy side. So it's a compliment of sorts. ;)

And to be honest, crazy people are WAY more fun than boring ones. Seriously, your roomates are missing out on life if they're wary of crazy people. They have all the fun. :D

cogdecree

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
No, but I call others crazy all the time, slightly insane, a tad bit barmy, a few cards short of a deck, etc.

But it comes from the heart though.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have I ever been called crazy? I'm beginning to think it's my name. Actually, no I'm not. I just thought it would be an interesting claim.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
A whole lot of other statements and suggestions have hinted toward that idea. i think. It's all pretty vague. i should have it all figured out here soon. But yet it seems to reproduce itself over again. Never heard the word crazy in it all though. So i would have to say no. Unless crazy can be interpreted from other symbols.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
"These are the same roommates who, when I suggested that dying your hair in the sink could clog the sink, said, "You have a weird idea of the way science works.""

LOL.... ok, even though that's an incredibly retarded statement for her to make based on what you were saying.... why would hair dye clog the sink?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Yesterday, while chatting with one ESxP roommate through AIM, I was asked how I am "dealing with all that crazy." At first I thought she was joking, so I asked her to clarify. She didn't, or couldn't, she just repeated herself, "You know ... the crazy."

I asked her how she figured I was "crazy." Now, please keep in mind that she and her boy, who is my other roommate, are both ESxP. They're always out and about, always going to parties, big socializers, etc. I'm also pretty sure that he doesn't believe there's such a thing as introversion and extraversion. He seems to think that everybody "normal" behaves the way he does, and if you don't behave the way he does, you're broken or crazy.

These are the same roommates who, when I suggested that dying your hair in the sink could clog the sink, said, "You have a weird idea of the way science works."

Anyway, I asked how they thought I was crazy. She brought up an incident as an example. There is a dog next door who yaps and yaps and yaps in the morning, and my bedroom window faces that side of the building. When it wakes me, naturally, I'm pretty pissed. I've ranted about giving the dog Ex-Lax or training one of the cats to attack and kill the dog. Apparently they thought I was serious. Training the cats to ... they thought I was serious!! :huh:

I also stay home on the weekend, never want to go to parties, prefer to be alone, and all the regular stuff that goes with introversion. That's why I'm crazy.

Perhaps it's needless to say that this was the catalyst to start looking for a new place to live. This situation is going to end by the beginning of Autumn, and I'll run screaming from the building like my ass is on fire.
A right is equilibrium.
Justice is censureship.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope. A little strange, weird or different, yes.

Yeah, me too.
"Crazy" implies giving off a lot of energy I think. I might get called odd, offbeat, strange, weird, but not crazy or insane. I've also been called "anti-social" (not in the clinical sense...).

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
That could actually be funny. A group of people sort of huddled together, a mishmash of oddness, whispering and pointing as passerbys, "Look at her!" "She's so ordinary." "I know!" "A cryin' shame..."

You do get that - have you ever seen those teenagers that hang out in the mall or town squares? Big gaggles of them, they're all looking the same you know, dressed in the 'uniform' of the bands they worship, sorta gothy/emo and stuff, they're standing there sneering at the passers by about how NORMAL they all are and how these teenagers are BETTER than everyone else because they're INDIVIDUALS with their own MINDS and all these normal people are all the SAME ... cracks me up every time! :)

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Never been called crazy, but my girlfriend isn't afraid of telling me I'm socially inept... Pretty nice girl I have.:newwink: