• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ever Been Called "Crazy"?

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yesterday, while chatting with one ESxP roommate through AIM, I was asked how I am "dealing with all that crazy." At first I thought she was joking, so I asked her to clarify. She didn't, or couldn't, she just repeated herself, "You know ... the crazy."

I asked her how she figured I was "crazy." Now, please keep in mind that she and her boy, who is my other roommate, are both ESxP. They're always out and about, always going to parties, big socializers, etc. I'm also pretty sure that he doesn't believe there's such a thing as introversion and extraversion. He seems to think that everybody "normal" behaves the way he does, and if you don't behave the way he does, you're broken or crazy.

These are the same roommates who, when I suggested that dying your hair in the sink could clog the sink, said, "You have a weird idea of the way science works."

Anyway, I asked how they thought I was crazy. She brought up an incident as an example. There is a dog next door who yaps and yaps and yaps in the morning, and my bedroom window faces that side of the building. When it wakes me, naturally, I'm pretty pissed. I've ranted about giving the dog Ex-Lax or training one of the cats to attack and kill the dog. Apparently they thought I was serious. Training the cats to ... they thought I was serious!! :huh:

I also stay home on the weekend, never want to go to parties, prefer to be alone, and all the regular stuff that goes with introversion. That's why I'm crazy.

Perhaps it's needless to say that this was the catalyst to start looking for a new place to live. This situation is going to end by the beginning of Autumn, and I'll run screaming from the building like my ass is on fire.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dude, imagine the fun you can potentially have with them.

>.>
<.<

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
umm yeah but i assume they're all joking.

maliafee

INFJ's can seem pretty "touchy" sometimes to Ss if the Ss are not very interested in understanding anyone/thing outside their point of view. This "touchiness" can lead them to think that person is really "crazy." This has happened to lots of INFJ girls I've known, but recently it happened to this INFJ guy friend of my bf and me. Basically, living at this party house with his group of friends from high school got to be too much for him, and he couldn't take it anymore. He abruptly moved out one day. Now those SP/SJ 22 year-old guys he was living with call him weird/crazy. He's interesting, thoughtful, a great writer, fun, sweet, clever, and he can sometime beat me at British Gin. An all around great person. He's not crazy...

I wouldn't take much stock in what those ESXPs say to you about "craziness"... they don't know the good/amazing that is/can be INFJ!

P.S. SJ's have called ME crazy. ME! Jeez...

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
umm yeah but i assume they're all joking.

I assumed she was joking at first, but when she started listing examples ... examples that she had to hear second-hand from him ... it became apparent that they probably actually believe it to some extent. I not so much offended as annoyed.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been called crazy by many people. But almost never in a bad way.

Only once or twice. But only by hypochondriacal maniacs.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You're INFJ man. No worries. Comes with the territory I bet.

And yes, I've been called crazy. In a "he didn't just do what I thought he did, did he?" sense.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
No, I think only once, but I was actually being crazy.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
These replies rock. :hug:

Perhaps I am being a bit sensitive. I don't mind being called weird or eccentric -- because by society's definition, I am. But, crazy? That's a whole different league. The knowledge of their beliefs about me will hang on the back of my mind every time I talk to them, now. *sigh*

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eh, after being friends with people a while, especially in living situations, I noticed that people feel more comfortable pointing out faults. Its just natural. Not nice to call someone crazy, and I don't think they meant it that way, but that was just a word they used to sum up some quirks. It happens in roomate situations all the time, I think. Don't let them get to you unless it really starts to be rude, and then feel free to stand up for yourself!!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah I have. Sometimes in public when I'm around others, I'll act a little crazy and see how people react. Usually this means talking to myself, but it can also mean making strange facial expressions out of the blue or just looking around me a lot. I don't do this all the time, only when I'm in the mood too.

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX
Ever Been Called "Crazy"?

Dude, tell me they said it AFTER seeing your avatar. :p

Anyway, INFJ's are often not in touch with reality and thus come off as weird/crazy/creepy to more grounded people.

LucrativeSid

I get called crazy all the time, but usually it's not an insult and they are referring to the way I think. I don't really "act" crazy or do crazy things. Weird, yes. Most people just think I'm weird as fuck all together, so sometimes they call me crazy. That's just because they have no imagination.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes.

One time during a stressful computer lab I said I wanted to quit school and become a fire truck.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I get "kooky" for some reason more than "crazy." Kinda kooky.

Whatever. These people have no imagination, that's the problem. Just roll your eyes and threaten to sic the cats on them.

Sponge

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I knew a guy, I think he was ESTJ, who thought that anyone who acted differently from him, and who disagreed with him, was mentally ill. Full blown mental illness.

Naturally I disagreed with his outlook on things, and being a introvert, a feeler at that, I was obviously suffering from a very serious mental illness. He was really serious about his diagnosis too. Kept giving me loads of advice.

Course, he was Bipolar himself, so I assumed he was projecting, or something.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes. Usually in a joking tone, but sometimes in an accusatory tone.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
If I don't get called it at least once a day, or some other equivalent, I start to worry that I'm losing my touch.

Whether they mean it in a good way or a bad way, I still take it as encouragement - I'd just about give up the ghost if people started referring to me as "normal" or "ordinary" :D

sade

Yes. I have an ESFP girl at the moment telling me daily that I'm crazy. Not the keep-away-from-me crazy, but wtf crazy. She says it's good crazy, entertaining.
I know others who'd disagree. :laugh:

I don't mind, it's part of the job. And not being completely ground in reality.