User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Today I was called weird so I asked why he would want to be normal... to which I got the reply that I'm bad weird (maybe he was joking). Another occasion when I mentioned that I was thinking of becoming a psychologist, perhaps down the therapy path. Two people just burst out laughing to themselves mentioning that must be a pretty severe case to send patients to someone insane.

Got to admit, I'm pretty disappointed and annoyed. Starting to think that people just see me as a forgetful fool, slightly eccentric but not realise the other half of me - the more serious side.

Not my day

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Today I was called weird so I asked why he would want to be normal... to which I got the reply that I'm bad weird (maybe he was joking). Another occasion when I mentioned that I was thinking of becoming a psychologist, perhaps down the therapy path. Two people just burst out laughing to themselves mentioning that must be a pretty severe case to send patients to someone insane.

Got to admit, I'm pretty disappointed and annoyed. Starting to think that people just see me as a forgetful fool, slightly eccentric but not realise the other half of me - the more serious side.

Not my day
    I know that I could comes as insensitive INTJ. But none the less I recommend that you start to take opinion(s) of others less personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I know that I could comes as insensitive INTJ. But none the less I recommend that you start to take opinion(s) of others less personally.
    It just comes natural to me to take other peoples words into consideration, otherwise I'd just be ignoring them. Truthfully I'm more bothered by the fact that these people can be so oblivious to the other side of me, and assume that just because I usually act foolish. I don't have another side to me.

Self-projection is innate. I want people to perceive correctly rather than come to false conclusions about me. Which is important for social contact but I'll understand if that's not your priority.

It just comes natural to me to take other peoples words into consideration, otherwise I'd just be ignoring them. Truthfully I'm more bothered by the fact that these people can be so oblivious to the other side of me, and assume that just because I usually act foolish. I don't have another side to me.

Self-projection is innate. I want people to perceive correctly rather than come to false conclusions about me. Which is important for social contact but I'll understand if that's not your priority.
    Well just because you take them into a consideration that does not mean that you have to take them on very emotional way.

Stupid question: Why do you act foolish if you feel this way?

Well just because you take them into a consideration that does not mean that you have to take them on very emotional way.

Stupid question: Why do you act foolish if you feel this way?
    Good point.
    I don't purposely act foolish. I just necessarily do what others sometimes deem normal, essentially I'm just being myself. Thinking about the whole thing, it seems really stupid since there's an inherent contradiction in behaviour. I suppose this relates to the whole idea of SFs seeking acceptance from peers when being the self.

I wonder why we are wired this way... or whether more developed habit/traits.

Good point.
    I don't purposely act foolish. I just necessarily do what others sometimes deem normal, essentially I'm just being myself. Thinking about the whole thing, it seems really stupid since there's an inherent contradiction in behaviour. I suppose this relates to the whole idea of SFs seeking acceptance from peers when being the self.

I wonder why we are wired this way... or whether more developed habit/traits.
    1. Well, it seems that most most SFs are like this.
    In this case you only have three major choices. Invest alot of energy to prevent acting like a crazy person, developing thicker skin, leave everything as it is. The choice is yours.

2. Why not both?

1. Well, it seems that most most SFs are like this.
    In this case you only have three major choices. Invest alot of energy to prevent acting like a crazy person, developing thicker skin, leave everything as it is. The choice is yours.
    Haha nice. Think I'll just drop the situation since it ultimately has no bearing on me at the end of the day. Not to mention it's sort of a standard thing to look down on less scientific degree choices even though some would consider geology itself a pseudoscience.

2. Why not both?
    Sure. I'm curious about the ratio though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    You do get that - have you ever seen those teenagers that hang out in the mall or town squares? Big gaggles of them, they're all looking the same you know, dressed in the 'uniform' of the bands they worship, sorta gothy/emo and stuff, they're standing there sneering at the passers by about how NORMAL they all are and how these teenagers are BETTER than everyone else because they're INDIVIDUALS with their own MINDS and all these normal people are all the SAME ... cracks me up every time!
    Most "teen rebellion" has always been a commercialized joke and is, in fact, it's own form of conformity because a lot of it's about being "cool".
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

If I haven't been called crazy at least once the day is not complete.

Ah the joys of Ni...
    Autistic INFP

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    If I haven't been called crazy at least once the day is not complete.

Ah the joys of Ni...

Indeed.
    I needn't say more.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.