User Tag List

12 Last

Phantonym

Default Life after "death"

So, I was wondering. You know the animation "Futurama" where "significant" people from the past have their heads in jars.

My question is - how would you (including all four dichotomies) like to have your head, or your "essense/soul", preserved after your physical body has worn out? This would mean that you could "live" forever.

Would you say that, for example, people with a certain preference (N, F, T), could somewhat enjoy "living" like this?

Personally, I wouldn't mind it. I wouldn't actually call it living but I could imagine myself enjoying only the mental stimulation and observing the time passing by.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I would like for my mind to be put inside a transformer body for all eternity, like Ironhide.

And I won't settle for a silly jar.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I would like for my mind to be put inside a transformer body for all eternity, like Ironhide.

I am also thinking in that direction.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Did u know, University of Virginia has extensive studies on life after death, reincarnation? Some of the stories/research they found are muy interesting.

If I had to perpetually keep that essence/soul alive, I'd be happy to.. Kid at heart in an adult body man.. Makes life worth livin!

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Did u know, University of Virginia has extensive studies on life after death, reincarnation? Some of the stories/research they found are muy interesting.

If I had to perpetually keep that essence/soul alive, I'd be happy to.. Kid at heart in an adult body man.. Makes life worth livin!
    I guess this is one of the books they wrote on the subject, sounds interesting even though I'm still skeptical.

Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Hmm.. I read an article published from the University's department on a few of the case studies.. perhaps I didn't catch the inconsistencies, since the website is to promote the study under the curriculum..

I tend to think that as humans we have limitations within our own 5 senses.. since there are wavelengths we directly cannot observe, while other animals can. Even if we try to build machines that can help us to directly observe the impossible, we still have limitations from our abilities to calibrate such systems when applied to the human spirit, whether it exists or not, is unfortunately, unquantifiable? In my own way, I lean more towards the fact that anything's possible.

I do in my own life experiences, feel that there is something I can't explain but to know that there is more to life than just living, breathing, eating, dying.. There is more to it, in which I cannot describe, but genuinely feel deep down inside. Maybe I'm at fault for feeling this way, but for some reason, it makes most sense for me.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

He wins.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm always very curious as to how the Earth will continue and change far into the future along with the human race and if it will come and go, but I imagine the wait would be too long to live through, even for my "essence".

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I guess this is one of the books they wrote on the subject, sounds interesting even though I'm still skeptical.

Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't lie, I love the idea of reincarnation (or whatever the other process or phenomenon that explains these cases is). That particular book by Ian Stevenson is really the only thing that keeps it going for me though, because there's really not many people both willing and qualified to scientifically investigate these cases and seriously find real explanations. Most just pass them off as paranormal hogwash and throw their skeptical blanket on it and ignore it, but it's incredibly fascinating to me.

Phantonym

The jar thing isn't that appealing to me either I was thinking more like an energy that can't be contained in anything. So you can't be "put" into anything or anyone, you just exist in the form of this energy.
    Could people manage to "live" like this for centuries without being able to move? Who would be that strong?
    This brings into mind the Spanish film "Mar Adentro" where a quadriplegic man fought for his right for euthanasia and longed to have some dignity in death.

This would be voluntary though. Would people be willing to "live" like this?

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    I'm always very curious as to how the Earth will continue and change far into the future along with the human race and if it will come and go, but I imagine the wait would be too long to live through, even for my "essence".

It does seem like a confinement into solitude. But what if you could use the time to learn all the things in the world that interest you? Something like in the "Groundhog Day" And you could still communicate with others.