User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    4w5

Reading entropie and lorkan's responses are like reading my journal entries from when I was stoned. Lauren Ashley, I'm totally following you.
    INFj. 4w5.
    Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one!'
    --C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFJ

nighting: It makes sence.

EDIT: "you have to hold that train of thought"

euhm examples of how to hold that train of thought, without using my examples?

EDIT 2: doh, you mentioned not to juggle ideas around.

Wich in practicality means (atleast for INFJ's) being tuned in the moment.

Ahh fuck it im tired as hell and pretty screwed ;o

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    Why is that?
    Are you being serious? Because if INFJ= what you have described, as if it's impossibly difficult for INFJ's to actually use their thinking process (really, this goes for any F type..but that shouldn't even need to be said), then I can't relate to that at all. Which is why I said I must be INTJ then (half jokingly, but half serious too).

But maybe you titled the thread incorrectly. In any event, the approach in the OP definitely isn't applicable to all INFJ's/F's/etc.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Yeah. Reading the 1st OP... You pretty much conclude that someones on crack or this is a joke thread.

At one stage I was wondering whether this was the mysterious N talk that I couldn't grasp, but I'm glad to know that other Ns here think it's just random talk too.

MBTI
    INFJ

It's not random talk. Although what nighting makes the this quickfix technique useless (or does it....?). I just basically explained that to use thinking one has to tune in to the moment and do things at a faster rate. While nighting said that it wasn't necessary; you just have to concentrate on one strong imagination you have and analyze if it is true to what is actually happens around you. Anyway to actually understand what happens around you, you would still have to tune in to the moment.

(nighting: did I not get what you ment it?)

lorkan, if it comforts you, i am able to connect your arguments - follow you, see that you are serious. i just dont want to go there with you, because it's a too simple approach for a too broad topic. you seem to underestimate how different people of one type are, in terms of habits, psychological conditioning, development of mind, pathologies like ADHS....
    plus there have been similar topics.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    lorkan, if it comforts you, i am able to connect your arguments - follow you, see that you are serious. i just dont want to go there with you, because it's a too simple approach for a too broad topic. you seem to underestimate how different people of one type are, in terms of habits, psychological conditioning, development of mind, pathologies like ADHS....
    plus there have been similar topics.
    Well I can't really think about all the things at once. This just interested me.

when someone asks me a question about how my very personal position about something is, i actually like to pressure the side of my middle finger vertically over my "third eye" (just saying, do describe the location). like when you shield your eyes from the sun, with the hand, but discretely bend the middle finger down. this helps me to get a clearer vision/internal image, but maybe also a feeling. maybe it reminds me of a shape, and thus strengthens a boundary of awareness, between self/subject and other/objects.

the human brain is a real nutjob. if it's broken, eating veggies, fish, meditating, and doing body building (yes!) have been proven to help. Ayurveda can balance your chi. but then you do all of that and it does not work for you because you have some kind of unknown stomach shroom infection. and dr house doesn't actually exist. so, you end up desperate enough to slap yourself in the face, every five minutes. like when you put toothpaste on herpes. or cut it out with a knife.

i cant see how such tricks are type related. except, i would guess, that some of the wisdoms that other types come up with, can be applied to us as well, if there is a need.

emotional freedom technique might be of interest for you, ... i mean to decrease emotional distractions, like perfectionism ...maybe
    Attached Images Attached Images

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    When do you other feelers use your thinking process?

To answer my own question somewhat, I've gathered a bit information from 2 different feeler types: INFJ and ENFP.

INFJ is thinking; Having Se as auxiliar function, sensate activation is of utter importance. Using only Ti is hard and very energy-draining so being constantly tuned to the moment makes you stay focused. Just shake your head a bit, jump up and down, hit yourself on your cheeks and think to yourself that whoever pisses you off will get a taste of your fists. Look youself in the mirror and start talking to yourself, say anything (the more you say the more conscious you get of how you apear to others). This is important to get your Se up, you will automatically start using Ti with this approach.
    In the INFJ model, Se is the inferior function. Fe is the auxilary function. Using "Ti" (assuming you use it as will) is not difficult or energy-draining. Being constantly tuned in to the moment is difficult and energy-draining! Doing physical things, bringing myself into the moment, does nothing for me to make me start thinking critically. If anything, it shoves other functions to the backburner so I can think intuitively (meaning, just let things turn themselves over and meander about in the background of my head). Se brings about Ni again. The two work in tandem. Much like a dance.

Anyway, if you're implying increasing your ability to think critically, then being in the moment sort of negates that process, no? It's withdrawing that increases and reserves energy for thinking critically (which is what I assume when you say "learn to think") as sensory input is usually very distracting.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    You're really dumb. I said the language and the responses. People respond to fluff with more fluff. I assumed the moderators were out taking a smoke break.
    ok chief
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]