User Tag List

First 12345 Last

as for functions: i say, you invite functions into your live by making room for them. this requires you to understand, how you use on-top-functions to prevent their opposites. you dont want to suppress on-top-functions but differentiate their content. their activity, their application, you stop them from acting absolutist, so that they become permeable to other functions. on-bottom-functions are not sympathetic to you. you fear them. you need to change the attitude, by differentiating your world view. they have their applications. those parts of the world, where they are supposed to be applied are real.

as for actual thinking (ie rationality, being effective, making sense): its mostly a matter of development, which is not very type related. we can talk about how we can access/activate our developed thinking, but we cant grow it deliberately. it's not a given sleeping potential in all cases or by all definitions.

as for your example about Se: that is just a random pattern match in your mind. you could call it Si. its true for everyone, that slapping oneself in the face, can wake one up. borderliners know best. (not me!)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    INFJ is thinking; Having Se as tertiary function...
    Since when does INFJ has Se tertiary?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    as for functions: i say, you invite functions into your live by making room for them. this requires you to understand, how you use on-top-functions to prevent their opposites. you dont want to suppress on-top-functions but differentiate their content. their activity, their application, you stop them from acting absolutist, so that they become permeable to other functions.

as for actual thinking: its mostly a matter of development, which is not very type related. we can talk about how we can access/activate our developed thinking, but we cant grow it deliberately. it's not a given sleeping potential in all cases or by all definitions.

as for your example about Se: that is just a random pattern match
    See, I really love your wisdom. But what do you do with it in the real world ? I mean if you go out and have a general idea of what is going on, how can you be open for revolution or how is it at all possible to exist cause you have a general idea of whats going on and life itself, well life itself is pretty boring now.

Didnt you ever had the feeling of being dumb right now. Of being totally lineary thinking with no clue of humanity but absolute knowledge of general relativity ? I mean yea thats college football or nerdism, but its healthy, it keeps the brain from leaving you whacko
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Since when does INFJ has Se tertiary?
    Asswhole

Now you made me feel unintelligent again, putting me right back to my feelings ;'(

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

When do you other feelers use your thinking process?

To answer my own question somewhat, I've gathered a bit information from 2 different feeler types: INFJ and ENFP.

INFJ is thinking; Having Se as auxiliar function, sensate activation is of utter importance. Using only Ti is hard and very energy-draining so being constantly tuned to the moment makes you stay focused. Just shake your head a bit, jump up and down, hit yourself on your cheeks and think to yourself that whoever pisses you off will get a taste of your fists. Look youself in the mirror and start talking to yourself, say anything (the more you say the more conscious you get of how you apear to others). This is important to get your Se up, you will automatically start using Ti with this approach.

ENFP is thinking(limited info); "Common, order goddamit!". You don't seek values, but truth instead. Doing valuable things will make you think, and doing them many times is necessary. Routines will make you disciplined and get an overhand in (contin...
    What on earth are you talking about? That made very little sense...

There is nothing wrong with either INFJ or ENFP's thinking style. Problem isn't in the thought, but in the expression. Notice both types you've mentioned are N dominant. Ni for INFJ and Ne for ENFP. It's the translation from what in your mind (non-linear/relational) into linear sequential description that others can follow that is difficult. Essentially you have to hold that train of thought while you translate. Which means the more ideas you juggle, the worse this process gets.

The only thing that can help improve this is practice... practice translating sufficiently such that it doesn't take as much mental effort to do anymore.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Asswhole

Now you made me feel unintelligent again, putting me right back to my feelings ;'(
    Are you really serious with this thread? I thought it was a joke of some sort because of the language and the responses.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Are you really serious with this thread? I thought it was a joke of some sort because of the language and the responses.
    To judge his thread by the responses is really dumb
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    you are drunk. i am sure she meant his own responses. or i am too intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie
    But what do you do with it in the real world ?
    impressing and thus stopping social service people from locking me into the same room with violent orks

for the rest of the reply that i have prepared in my notes:
    i don't want to post it, because its waaaayyy of topic

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You're really dumb. I said the language and the responses. People respond to fluff with more fluff. I assumed the moderators were out taking a smoke break.