User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Please, please, PLEASE don't ever try any harder drugs.
    Hahahahaha

I love caffeine.

The end.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Have some decaf when you start jonesing. It's surprising how good it tastes compared to no coffee at all.
    Agreed.

There are other things about the coffee you might be missing, and you may not realize it. The warmth of it going into your stomach. The feeling of relaxation that can come with sipping that first cup in the morning. It's not all about the caffeine.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    There are other things about the coffee you might be missing, and you may not realize it. The warmth of it going into your stomach. The feeling of relaxation that can come with sipping that first cup in the morning. It's not all about the caffeine.
    This is actually a very, very good point. It's also probably why lots of smokers turn to chewing gum while in the process of quitting.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Interestingly I have chosen to have my breakfast at a different Bakery, indeed a more upmarket Bakery in Manuka.

But it is still clinging to me - it is as though I am mourning the boost it would give me every morning.

I have a sense of loss.

I miss my morning coffee.

It was the one pleasure I could count on every day.
    There's clearly more that you get out of your morning coffee routine than the caffeine. Wisely, you have chosen to avoid your regular breakfast place in order to help break the habit. And you are so close to being free, try not to relent now.

I am curious why you want to stop drinking coffee. Is it not possible to restrict yourself to only one? Once you start, do you slowly crave more and more cups each day over time? (Of course, you don't have to justify your decision to stop; I am simply interested to know why.)

Personally, I have a tea in the morning instead - would that make an acceptable surrogate? Doesn't seem to give me the same side-effects as coffee, and I enjoy the ambiance of it. (Coffee gives me a shaky jittery feeling, even after just one.)

You are doing great - keep it up, you know you have the inner resources to achieve this goal.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    There's clearly more that you get out of your morning coffee routine than the caffeine. Wisely, you have chosen to avoid your regular breakfast place in order to help break the habit. And you are so close to being free, try not to relent now.

I am curious why you want to stop drinking coffee. Is it not possible to restrict yourself to only one? Once you start, do you slowly crave more and more cups each day over time? (Of course, you don't have to justify your decision to stop; I am simply interested to know why.)

Personally, I have a tea in the morning instead - would that make an acceptable surrogate? Doesn't seem to give me the same side-effects as coffee, and I enjoy the ambiance of it. (Coffee gives me a shaky jittery feeling, even after just one.)

You are doing great - keep it up, you know you have the inner resources to achieve this goal.
    Ooo! Ooo! I am having a serotonin rebound.

My low has entirely lifted. I am very much alive. I am talking and flushed. I am ready to go. I am going.

Of course it is a rebound - a serotonin rebound. I am having a serotonin high - Weee!

Of course it won't last and I will settle down to normal serotonin levels but sans caffeine.

I feel really good. My skin is tingly. I am interacting strongly with others and they seem to be enjoying it.

I should put some time alone just for myself and dance. And I think dance to rock 'n' roll.

And modulate my dancing with meditation - I dance for five minutes then I sit and meditate for five minutes. And I do this five times. I takes about 50 minutes. It's called l'alternance.

But what a perfect way to soak up my excess serotonin.

I am no longer behind the eight ball - the eight ball of coffee. The only danger at the moment is that I might become over-confident. But this euphoric moment will pass and I will settle down. And in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Nothing wrong with resisting the urges of coffee or tea drinking. I'm drink water moslty, haha, with a touch of goat or soy milk on the side. And I'm sugar free too and loving it, notice the over emphasis of loving it. All it took was a half a year of cheese cravings and a constant supply of apples, now its just apple love.

But really why drink coffee when you got tea, well I think I don't drink tea either because while green and black tea are full of anti-oxidants and polyphenols they also contain very high amounts of fluoride, which is highly toxic to the body. Like I don't get enough from toothpaste and tap water, drawls.

Haha its so much easier finding something awful on tea than coffee. grumbles something about not getting enough coffee. Ah those were the days, popping a bit of coffee over caffeinated soft drinks and watching the fizz go. I drinks coffee from time to time but I'm not fond of it as much as I used to be, as social politeness.

But oh, oh, my serotonin high has worn off and i am feeling exhausted.

But I know what my immediate future is - again I will move up onto the serotonin high, but not as high as before.

Then I will move onto exhaustion but not as exhausted as before.

So I will oscillate between the high and the exhaustion. And each oscillation becomes smaller than the last, until the oscillation damps out completely, and I am back to normal.

What a trip coffee is giving me - it is throwing me round like a bag a chaff.

I think it is getting desperate.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

If you're worried about all that caffeine going to waste if you don't drink it, don't be.
    (I'll take care of that part for you. Consider it my sacrifice on your behalf.)

You go, guy!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    If you're worried about all that caffeine going to waste if you don't drink it, don't be.
    (I'll take care of that part for you. Consider it my sacrifice on your behalf.)

You go, guy!
    Wired, Jennifer, wired!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Damnit! Everytime I see this thread I want a coffee